• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF PS3 NCAA 2009 Online Dynasty: Are you a man? Are you 40? Sign up!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Good thing I'm done with the RedRingof360 till gears 2 comes out,I'll never know what I'm missing.

Dm,what is bothering you about the PS3 demo version compared to the 360 one?

Rorschach

CB3 said:
360 still wins! suck it down assholes. suck it all down!
:lol You suck it down...you caved in. :p

Somewhere, Slo is laughing. :(

Matrix said:
Good thing I'm done with the RedRingof360 till gears 2 comes out,I'll never know what I'm missing.

Dm,what is bothering you about the PS3 demo version compared to the 360 one?
Was talking to him earlier and he says there's a lot of menu lag and it's slow to load (even though it's on the hard drive, obviously). Also, when you throw an incompletion, the duckhut dog comes out and bites you square in the nuts.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
The menu lag isn't that bad,but I'm not sure what he means by slow to load :\ Wonder if using a larger HD makes a difference cause I don't have that problem.

DMczaf

I'm playing them right now at the same time and these are the things I notice:

1. 360 version does load faster, but its only 4-5 secs difference

2. There is a slight hitch when the play calling screen comes up and after you pick a play when it goes away on PS3, like 08 360 did last year. No biggie

3. Lighting is a bit softer on PS3

Besides that, everything else is the same. No "OMG SLOWDOWN ON XBOX?!" problems. GAME ON!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
The only thing I am going to say about the PS3 demo is that I hate EA for releasing it this early because now my desire to play this game is even greater and I still have almost a month to wait. GRRRR.

jjasper

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i thought the ps3 demo was pretty awesome. moved nicely, animated nicely, love the gameplay, the graphics, the "coaching" additions. hurry up july 15!

Only problem was the roster which is already outdated even before release.

DenogginizerOS

LukeSmith said:
I actually preordered this game on 360 not PS3, my league status is still questionable for NCAA as a result.

We are down to 15. We just need 3 more to bail and we have the 12-man conference.

Sounds like CB and DM are fighting the temptation to return to 360ville. Maybe Rors as well? Anyone else?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Sounds like you guys are...

natalie_imbruglia-torn_s.jpg

rip_torn.jpg

if the only issue are issues that are not during gameplay (i.e. menu stutters) then that means nothing to me.

i'm already used to the dual shock so no biggie! let the good times roll... ps3 style!

Lonestar

only thing I didn't like on my one try last night, was the R1 button as the throw away button. That didn't feel right. Didn't it use to be on the left side?

Mrbob

DM stop whining like Tmac! Once the ball is snapped the gameplay is the same!

Oh and I do prefer the softer PS3 lighting. The 360 lighting makes it seem like half the stadium is drenched in Sunkist orange soda. Hell, I'm surprised EA didn't product place them into the 360 version.

"Lighting brought to you by Sunkist Orange Soda! Great orange taste!"

DenogginizerOS

DMczaf said:
Don't you try and push me out. The only one who has that power is FMT, and he wouldn't dare unless he wants these Alex Smith at the "Toolbox" photos to leak.
Awesomesauce! I would hate to lose you. No worries, mate.

DMczaf

Mrbob said:
DM stop whining like Tmac! Once the ball is snapped the gameplay is the same!

If you would have actually read my posts instead thinking of ways to insult me, you would have seen I said the same exact thing!

How about you stop watching your TV shows on DVD and get back in the game!

Rorschach

:lol Blowing up DM's comments worked!

DMczaf: game's fine, it's only some minor menu things. It plays exactly the same.
GAF: what are you talking about?! The game plays fine. It's just some minor things in the menus.
DMczaf: that's what I just said...
GAF: STOP ARGUING!
DMczaf: I'm not!
GAF: Don't you yell at us! Don't see why you want to leave the league
DMczaf: I don't...
GAF: Well, you can't quit because we're tossing you out!
DMczaf: I'm not quitting!
GAF: that's right...because we're tossing you out!

Lonestar said:
only thing I didn't like on my one try last night, was the R1 button as the throw away button. That didn't feel right. Didn't it use to be on the left side?
It's L1 on 360.

Not really digging the demo so far. Seems like it would destroy my Madden mojo if I played it at the same time as Madden.

Anyone notice that the receivers will try to do the tiptoe animation like 5 yards away from the sideline? It's frustrating having having some guy out in open space just flop because he's doing that. Well, not too frustrating since Varsity is like shortbus difficulty and you can score at will, but I imagine it would be more so in a league game.

Mrbob

Don't pat yourself on the back too much Rors, I just like to give DM shit as much as I can. And I am allowed to do so for eternity since there is never enough vengeance for bodybuilder woman!

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
:lol Blowing up DM's comments worked!

DMczaf: game's fine, it's only some minor menu things. It plays exactly the same.
GAF: what are you talking about?! The game plays fine. It's just some minor things in the menus.
DMczaf: that's what I just said...
GAF: STOP ARGUING!
DMczaf: I'm not!
GAF: Don't you yell at us! Don't see why you want to leave the league
DMczaf: I don't...
GAF: Well, you can't quit because we're tossing you out!
DMczaf: I'm not quitting!
GAF: that's right...because we're tossing you out!

:|

Mrbob said:
Don't pat yourself on the back too much Rors, I just like to give DM shit as much as I can. And I am allowed to do so for eternity since there is never enough vengeance for bodybuilder woman!

You'll never top that. NEVER.

Rorschach

You can say his name. You just can't post pics.

Everyone image google Nicole Bass for hot sex.

[edit]...wow there are Nicole Bass sex tapes? Yikes.

Loving the demo, July 15th can't come soon enough...even though I'll be out of commision from July 19th through July 28th for my wedding and honeymoon... :D

Rorschach

After playing the demo some more, I've decided that I'm out. I just don't see myself playing it after Madden's release, let alone multiple seasons (especially if a lot of that time is vs the CPU and with a team I don't give a funk about). The football starved stat whore in me wants in, but I think I can hold him back for another month. :p

Have fun. See you in Madden.

GCQuinton

After playing both versions of the demo quite a bit over the weekend, I've decided I'm gonna stick with the Xbox 360 version so I'm out as well.

DCX

DCX
I'm not in the OP either. I think i didn't make the cut...plus there is a 12 team limit and they have 16 in the OP. Unless we have 24 players, we might get shut out.

DCX

DenogginizerOS

It seems to me it would be more fun if we all played in the same conference. SEC, ACC, Big Twelve

I vote for ACC. I will play as the Hokies or the Deacons.

you don't see an assigned team because we haven't picked teams yet ;)

also, i downloaded the 360 demo as well. the only differenced i noticed is that the ps3's graphics are "sharper". the loading time seemed about the same, the onfield play seemed identical. oh then there is the controller, of which i prefer the 360 controller but i will get used to it!

now the final test... online performance. which will obviously have to wait.

Matrix

I'm out too,I just cant afford the game next month and I know I wont touch it once Madden hits.I'll just stick to playing the demo for Madden practice.

I have too much other shit I'm buying and some bills to pay.

thanks for the update fellas, sad to see some of the vets won't be there :(

but that makes me want to stress this more than ever: we are playing multiple seasons of NCAA. if you are going to have time issues playing both madden AND ncaa, then pick 1. if you are going to have a problem going back and forth between madden and ncaa (not necessarily from a time standpoint, but from a control or difference in gameplay standpoint), then just pick one.

but if you can handle both then game on biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

we'll decide on teams closer to the launch of the game. my problem with all playing in the same conference is that i'm afraid it would be so competitive that we'd end up having the CPU vs. CPU national title game, because i guarantee no one in a conference of 12 very good players is going to go undefeated.

i would prefer doing a 3-3-3-3, or at LEAST a 4-4-4

Lonestar

oh yeah, I'm in for NCAA. I'm more in for it than Madden. With the Dynasty, it seems like it can and should have life after Madden comes out.

Yeah, it sucks that Rors and Matrix want out, and I guess DamiiiiiitMatt is going to do both consoles (hope so, cause I know I'm going to be Alabama, and I know he's going to be Auburn, and that's just the way it's going to be), but as long as we can get a good core of people that want to do a few years of this, leeeeeeeeeeets goooooo....

....in a month :/

I'd say try to keep the players to 2 conferences, at most 3. That'll mean more Human vs. CPU games, which can speed up the seasons (good) but limit human competition (bad)

DenogginizerOS

Now that I read FMT's point about not doing one conference, I vote we do a 3-3-3-3 setup with 4 conferences. That way some will play critical conference games (ex. Michigan vs Ohio State or LSU versus Georgia) if the top teams are picked from their respective conferences

Lonestar

4 seems like too far apart. You would face 2 human opponents in conference, and maybe 3 out of conference games, that you can chose to make those other human players. 5 games in a 12 game schedule?

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
4 seems like too far apart. You would face 2 human opponents in conference, and maybe 3 out of conference games, that you can chose to make those other human players. 5 games in a 12 game schedule?

OK, drop Big East, 3 conferences of 4 teams each, how bout that?

Mrbob

3-3-3-3

Multiple seasons, the more conferences the better for intriguing matchups in bowl games.

I think it will make those bowl matchups mean more if you aren't playing each other every week.

Besides, its such a pain in the ass to constantly try to meet up at certain times with people, playing the CPU for over half the season isn't a bad idea.

Lonestar

only 3 or 4 OOC games. So, not everyone will play everyone. But it can get close.

Say, maybe everyone can choose one player OOC as their "OOC Rival" (USC/ND) and play every year, and then just rotate the other games around, to play everyone. Still means half your regular season opponents could be CPU's. Bowl games, who knows how they'll turn out. There's like 30 bowl games now, we could all face CPU teams!

Mrbob

One reason I would like to spread things out as much as possible is how games are handled in the college level.

In NFL you can lose 6 or 7 games during the season, make the playoffs and still take home the title.

In college football you lose one game and you are already sitting on the outside looking in at the national championship. If you lose two games you are out of the title game and might have a small chance at a big time bcs bowl. Three losses and you are automatically hitting a more minor bowl.

Too many head to head matchups during the regular season will send seasons down the tube relatively quickly, and the appeal of college games is to get those marquee matchups in bowl games instead.

The college game is much different than the pro game. I want this league to be as different from the madden league as possible. I don't want a Madden lite league setup from the NCAA league.

Also, since I live in central time I'm not always happen when I have to stay up till 11PM or Midnight to play you west coasters on a work night. ;) More CPU games gives this league a chance to thrive as we all live in different time zones and can play games at our leisure. Having around 3 to 4 head to head games during the year will help spice things up too, so it doesn't feel like we are all playing our own seperate dynasty.

Shawnwhann said:
Loving the demo, July 15th can't come soon enough...even though I'll be out of commision from July 19th through July 28th for my wedding and honeymoon... :D

Congrats, my man! I'm in the same boat as you, though I'm getting married on August 16th, so I'll be out of commission roughly from 8/15 to 8/24.

On another note, do we know how we are going to handle the CPU games?

Top Bottom