• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF PS3 NCAA 2009 Online Dynasty: Are you a man? Are you 40? Sign up!

DMczaf

Mrbob said:
This is the first year I'm more excited about NCAA than Madden.

You say that now, but once you start 0-2 you'll start complaining about the game and saying how you can't wait for Madden!

SEXY REXY!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm going to show my 73 overall, 79 offense, 68 defense, 66 ST team to be better than it's ratings! Just like last time we had an NCAA league!!!!!!!!

Mrbob

DMczaf said:
You say that now, but once you start 0-2 you'll start complaining about the game and saying how you can't wait for Madden!

SEXY REXY!

I'll have 60 years to build up my team! :D

1 month-ish to go! if anyone is having second thoughts about joining the league let me know. i want to make it perfectly clear that it wont be like years past where madden comes out and NCAA gets thrown under your bed with the crusty socks. since there is online dynasty (and an online setup superior to madden), ncaa will get the appropriate treatment all year long... all year!

quiet down boy! my first order of business is to ban all johnson's from the UNLV squad! i won't accept 8th year seniors in my league!

you are also banned from recruiting any of their family members or anyone with the last name johnson period!

p.s. my internet will finally be back next friday. fucking time warner... i got roped into cable again because my new apartment isn't facing south east (according to directv... they must have a compass otherwise how would they know!!)

DMczaf

NOOOO!

031109sdsu-unlv.JPG

Check out this blog on Madden's Online Leagues

http://www.easports.com/madden09/fullsite/news.jsp?itemID=online_blog

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm having 2nd thoughts :( But I always cave in at the last min.

lol you didn't get me that time DM, thanks to rors' timely post which i read before seeing you linked something!

thank you rors, you died for our sins.

DCX

DCX
I'm in for sure, going to Gamefly the game until i have extra money to buy it. Metal Gear, NCAA and Madden all in a row are killing my small gaming budget :/

DCX

DMczaf

NCAA Football 09 Demo is coming next week (June 19)

We'll be able to compare PS3 and 360 instead of getting BS from websites (Remember NCAA Xbox's slowdown that no one ever reports!?)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Good news,hopefully it stinks and saves me 60+ dollars :p

Lonestar

DMczaf said:
NCAA Football 09 Demo is coming next week (June 19)

We'll be able to compare PS3 and 360 instead of getting BS from websites (Remember NCAA Xbox's slowdown that no one ever reports!?)

FMT.gif

GQman2121

Banned
How many people does the actual mode support online? Is it possible to fill multiple conferences and all compete against each other?

Either way I'm down to be in the league. I hope someone who knows what they're doing is going to get us a decent file to work with. That's going to take a few weeks........

Lonestar

I think it's just 12 people maximum. There's no "create a fake conference", so whatever teams you play as, you play in their conference. You can decide what out of conference games you want to play (that way, you can get a few human players in, if they happen to be in another conference) So, we could all pick SEC teams, or ACC, PAC, etc...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
I think it's just 12 people maximum. There's no "create a fake conference", so whatever teams you play as, you play in their conference. You can decide what out of conference games you want to play (that way, you can get a few human players in, if they happen to be in another conference) So, we could all pick SEC teams, or ACC, PAC, etc...
I realize that 12 is the optimal number, but the last count had 13 with more people looking to get in. So, if you end up with like 17 and need an 18th, I am your man!

Lonestar

No, I think it's 12 people max.

All-New Online Dynasty Mode - Build a collegiate powerhouse online and invite up to 11 players across the country. With the same ease and flexibility of managing a fantasy football league, recruit, schedule, and play for up to 60 seasons.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wellington if you want in the league you are in the league. just say the words!

He said he only wants to play if he can create Strahan. He still has a year of eligibility left!

alright dudes, we have an excess of players. if you are having 2nd thoughts, please let me know. as i said from the get go, vets are getting in first. i hate to be a dick about it but if we're going to put a significant amount of time and effort into the league i have to know the people in it.

so, if you still want to be in and we have 14 or 15 legitimate vets who want to play we'll figure it out in a month!

Mrbob

Playing the demo on 360 right now, pretty good.

The product placement is sickening though.

Weather for the game sponsored by the weather channel.

The coin toss sponsored by Coke Zero. With the announcer giving a product splurge at the coin toss, "Coke Zero, winning taste, zero calories."

If we start getting three minute advertisements at timeouts I'm going to want to get these games for free.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Mrbob said:

The coin toss sponsored by Coke Zero. With the announcer giving a product splurge at the coin toss, "Coke Zero, winning taste, zero calories."

If we start getting three minute advertisements at timeouts I'm going to want to get these games for free.
Would you like some cheese with that whine? If so, try Cracker Barrel's 2% Sharp Cheddar. It is cheese-a-licious! :lol

Mrbob

Haha. I also forgot the Pontiac G8 drive summary after you score!

The gameplay is really polished. I made a cool int in the first game I played off of a bounce. The ball bounced off a receivers hands into the air and I jumped up and took it like Mike Brown did to the Niners in 2001!

Two minute quarters are a tease. I can't wait for the full version, it is going to be awesome.

Also, the game says you can track your online dynasty on easportsworld??? So I guess there might be a web component to the game.

GCQuinton

Mrbob said:

Just finished playing it and definitely liking it. The game feels more polished as it should at this point.

You forgot the one spot where there's an ad that just blatantly jumped out to me, and that's on the on-field audibles section.

Mrbob

Oh yeah forgot about that one. :lol

I also like how you can coach up your players at certain points during drives. This is a cool new feature. Not really sure when it shows up. It seemed random to me in the demo.

You can tell your players to be better at man locking on defense, or the line to break tackles easier. It affects your play for the entire drive. There are options on offense as well.

Mrbob said:

Glad to hear the game is looking really good!

While the in game ads suck as a gamer, I can't hate too much as my career is in interactive marketing. Interactive marketers are still learning where the lines are as to not exceed them. No firm wants to be responsible for the next "Fight Night 3/Burger King" case study in what NOT to do.

but that is how real college football is. i hear it all the time on ESPN broadcasts and stuff. i think it lends some realism to the game and i have no problem with those types of ads. what is the difference if the announcer says "here are the 3rd down numbers" or "here are the 3rd down numbers brought to you by coke zero, less filling and more taste"

i think people are outraged over nothing regarding in-game ads. i could see it taking away from a game like call of duty or halo (Drink mountain dew for power up!), but not a sports game where the real game is littered with these advertisements anyways

p.s. is the demo up on PSN yet??

gstaff

Tempting, but I think with the Madden league, I might not have enough time. If you guys have any shortage of players, let me know and I might join in.

Should be interesting to see how Michigan plays in this game with our new offense.

Matrix

PS3 Demo is now up :)

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Oh yeah forgot about that one. :lol

I also like how you can coach up your players at certain points during drives. This is a cool new feature. Not really sure when it shows up. It seemed random to me in the demo.

You can tell your players to be better at man locking on defense, or the line to break tackles easier. It affects your play for the entire drive. There are options on offense as well.

That was popping up for me whenever a timeout was called.

I'm really loving this short demo and it has no slowdown on the PS3 :D Runs super smooth.

The demo sold me for sure,plus it will be great practice for me to get in sync with the dual shock again with this game and not feel like a spaz when Madden comes out.

Mrbob

Yeah I'm horrible at using the dual shock 3 right now. I'm used to using the 360 controller with this game I'm not comfortable with it yet. I'll adjust though.

The PS3 version does have hitching between plays like the 360 version last year (NCAA 09 360 has no hitching at all between plays), but once the ball is hiked the plays are a smooth 60fps which is the same on both systems.

Matrix

Isn't this an old demo? The minor hitching between plays could be gone in the final retail version...maybe.

I hate you FMT

Let's play this league on the superior version of the game.

And fucking sign me up no matter what version you're going to be playing on, dammit.

DMczaf

Honestly, I can feel and see the difference between 360 and PS3 demos :\

Hopefully it's because it's an old build, but if its the same in the retail copies.... :\

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
Honestly, I can feel and see the difference between 360 and PS3 demos :\

Hopefully it's because it's an old build, but if its the same in the retail copies.... :\
Hate to say I told you so!

I really do in this case. :(

Top Bottom