• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF The Last of Us Multiplayer Tournament

Gaz_RB

Updated the OP Protocol, adding the stream naming to the steps

|||| Protocol ||||
1 | Get into a private match with your opponent
2 | Both teams set up your stream from the PS4-make sure archiving is set on Twitch-and post the links here in the thread (one person per team); name your stream GAF TOURNAMENT-[TEAM NAME]. I will update the OP with the stream link so everyone on GAF can watch
3 | First game is Supply Raid played on Lakeside
4 | Switch hosts so that someone on the other team is hosting
5 | Second game is Survivors played on High School
6 | If there is still a tie, switch hosts again and play Interrogation on Dam
7 | If there is still a tie, switch hosts and play Supply Raid on Lakeside
8 | Celebrate or cry
9 | Report results in the thread

Linked up, meaning my Twitch account hooked on my PS4? Then yes

Perfect.

Korten

Banned
Updated the OP Protocol, adding the stream naming to the steps

|||| Protocol ||||
1 | Get into a private match with your opponent
2 | Both teams set up your stream from the PS4-make sure archiving is set on Twitch-and post the links here in the thread (one person per team); name your stream GAF TOURNAMENT-[TEAM NAME]. I will update the OP with the stream link so everyone on GAF can watch
3 | First game is Supply Raid played on Lakeside
4 | Switch hosts so that someone on the other team is hosting
5 | Second game is Survivors played on High School
6 | If there is still a tie, switch hosts again and play Interrogation on Dam
7 | If there is still a tie, switch hosts and play Supply Raid on Lakeside
8 | Celebrate or cry
9 | Report results in the thread

Perfect.

Wait, so everyone is streaming? Not just one person?

GoaThief

IMHO positioning of the opponents would be far more valuable than voice. We're all gentlemen/ladies here on GAF so I'm just going to roll with it and hope for the best. ;-)

nope, party chat usually doesn't stream out unless you have a special mixamp or set up for party chat to work
Are you sure? Whilst streaming some Destiny GAF stuff I'm pretty sure party chat was being broadcasted as at one point someone who joined the party was already watching the stream and ended up hearing themselves which provided a little entertainment.

Gaz_RB

Yeah the chat is your choice. But I don't think we'll have any cheating.

Having streams so GAF can watch>slight chance of cheating, imo

IMHO positioning of the opponents would be far more valuable than voice. We're all gentlemen/ladies here on GAF so I'm just going to roll with it and hope for the best. ;-)

We're all gentlemen/ladies here and it might make for more interesting viewing.

Are you sure? Whilst streaming some Destiny GAF stuff I'm pretty sure party chat was being broadcasted as at one point someone who joined the party was already watching the stream and ended up hearing themselves which provided a little entertainment.

yep. I want to stream party chat but can't unless I have an astro mixamp 2013 with a stream port. Destiny by default had chat set to headphones and speakers so that's probably why and probably the only game that happens for

I don't think anyone will be stream watching or cheating.

With that said, its my buddy's wedding and I'm going to be drunk as fuck and my battery is dying so I'll catch you all at 10pm PDT.

I'm so excited!!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
We were just playing a "skirmish", and the game crashed for one of their players while we were up two to one (in survivor). We were all booted back to the main menu... What happens if such a scenario plays out during the main tourney? Does the team up at the bootout win? Does the crasher's team automatically lose? Or do we pick up survivor again and keep the score of two to one?

Our team leader isnt online right now, leader of SSMW please send me a PM so I can add you to PSN.

We were just playing a "skirmish", and the game crashed for one of their players while we were up two to one (in survivor). We were all booted back to the main menu... What happens if such a scenario plays out during the main tourney? Does the team up at the bootout win? Does the crasher's team automatically lose? Or do we pick up survivor again and keep the score of two to one?

I would like to know this too, it was my game that crashed and everyone got booted and I had to restart. My game has crashed at least three times this week.

Also when streaming, how do I remove the huge display thing that goes around my screen?

Gaz_RB

In the unlikely event of a crash, restart the current match. I trust no one will try to abuse that.

Our team leader isnt online right now, leader of SSMW please send me a PM so I can add you to PSN.

I would like to know this too, it was my game that crashed and everyone got booted and I had to restart. My game has crashed at least three times this week.

Also when streaming, how do I remove the huge display thing that goes around my screen?

It's an option when you're setting up the stream.

I'll probably be streaming. I'm on one of the teams for the tourney. So feel free to check it out if you want. We're playing now too (for fun) in case you all want to check in now.

Mortal_Monday is the Twitch channel.

the team up 2-1 should still be up 2-1, restart game and play till the team has 4 wins total

In the unlikely event of a crash, restart the current match. I trust no one will try to abuse that.

It's an option when you're setting up the stream.

We will be streaming, so it will be obvious.

Maybe we should have host stream? If the host crashes, it will be seen.

Everybody who will be streaming the match Simply Surreal Modern Warfare VS Shivver Me Timbers @ 6 PDT Friday please quote me with your stream page.

Everybody who will be streaming the match Cincinnati One Hitters VS Team IFA @ 6:30 PDT Friday please quote me with your stream page.

Everybody who will be streaming the match The Guardians VS INFECTUS @ 7 PDT Friday please quote me with your stream page.

Everybody who will be streaming the match Sangre Por Sangre VS Macaroni Champions @ 7:30 PDT Friday please quote me with your stream page.

Everybody who will be streaming the match Hot Schadenfreude VS #TeamCG @ 9 PDT Friday please quote me with your stream page.

SPECIFY WHICH ONE YOU ARE IN BY REMOVING ALL BUT YOUR OWN MATCH

Um, livestream...aren't people going to cheat by looking at the enemy on Survivors? Can't we just upload the Last 15 minutes after the game?

Also, how do I archive on Twitch?

Everybody who will be streaming the match Simply Surreal Modern Warfare VS Shivver Me Timbers @ 6 PDT Friday please quote me with your stream page.

Everybody who will be streaming the match Cincinnati One Hitters VS Team IFA @ 6:30 PDT Friday please quote me with your stream page.

Everybody who will be streaming the match The Guardians VS INFECTUS @ 7 PDT Friday please quote me with your stream page.

Everybody who will be streaming the match Sangre Por Sangre VS Macaroni Champions @ 7:30 PDT Friday please quote me with your stream page.

Everybody who will be streaming the match Hot Schadenfreude VS #TeamCG @ 9 PDT Friday please quote me with your stream page.

SPECIFY WHICH ONE YOU ARE IN BY REMOVING ALL BUT YOUR OWN MATCH

http://www.twitch.tv/jdfatalist/ SSMW

Strider

So my Internet is completely down (posting from phone) and a tech can't come until Sunday morning XD

Looks like I may have to take my ps4 to a friend's or something for out game tomorrow. Hopefully that's not necessary :/

Gaz_RB

Um, livestream...aren't people going to cheat by looking at the enemy on Survivors? Can't we just upload the Last 15 minutes after the game?

We've debated this a lot, and I believe most of us came to the conclusion that either most won't cheat (because we're all honest gaffers), or that trying to cheat will result in them being unfocused. Don't forget that there is still a decent delay on the streams.

The Twitch delay is about 30-40 (sometimes more) seconds. We are also hoping that people just don't be dishonest.

It is somewhere in the dashboard settings.

QTrain

Neo Member
post-29966-ITS-HAPPENING-gif-Ron-Paul-HD-xThK.gif

Top Bottom