• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAFA Clan Thread of Annihilation

Kittonwy

Banned
Still have pending invites, need to purge the ones who haven't accepted, I'll give it until tomorrow then make more room for people who want to join.

icechai

capture & hold and search & retrieve is where they really out strategized us :( And andronicus didn't know where to go as the assassination target :p

TheFatOne

Kitton we need to set up practices to go over tactics. We were too disorganized on some key spots, but overall we did well.

EDIT: I think we did really well for making up the tactics on the fly. I think with some more practice we can dominate other teams. BTW Kitton man you kept screaming in my ear :lol I kept saying I laid down a spawn point here and you kept going where is the spawn point. I kept trying to tell you but the guys were nailing me.

icechai said:
capture & hold and search & retrieve is where they really out strategized us :( And andronicus didn't know where to go as the assassination target :p
they seem to always beat us every game on C&H we really need to plan that round out as its our weakest, but yea we blew it on assasination defend with the target just standing there in the hallway.

TheFatOne

aj2good4you2 said:
they seem to always beat us every game on C&H we really need to plan that round out as its our weakest, but yea we blew it on assasination defend with the target just standing there in the hallway.

For making shit up on the fly we did well. I didn't know how good everyone was until this game. You guys rocked. I have some ideas and the next time I'm on I will try and explain them to you guys.

Kittonwy

Banned
Loss 3-4.

Tacticians need to concentrate on keeping the spawn up, not fragging.

On Radec, for S&D defence we need to have the spawn point in the room and focusing all fire on anyone on the pillar and not random kills.

For Search and Retrieve the lobby area needs to be controlled, meaning two spawn points on each end with engineers spawning out while assaults in charge of carrying the speaker, there were too many people accompanying the carrier, we need people with boost for carrying the speaker that's it, we were way too far inside to defend the speaker from being delivered, someone with boost can easily rush in for an easy score.

Capture and hold was the biggest problem, we have to secure the one on our end, with at least a couple of people watching, maybe three coming out of a spawn point, one of the speakers has to be on permanent green, the other 4-5 people need to fight for the other one with a spawn nearby. Spawn points need to be up at all times.

For some reason I couldn't spawn on squad at all.

We need to play together more, not for bodycount, we're already good at bodycount.

Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
aj2good4you2 said:

We blew it because we didn't at least keep one speaker closest to our base going. We need to have a spawn point there, and another spawn point for the other speaker we're trying to hold. I don't like fighting for the center area, because it's hard to control. Have spawn point at the two opposite speakers and flood the fuck out of with guys, the two ends can be defended because people have to enter through choke points. The problem is when we get shot we tend to turtle, and that basically killed us during the time we tried to defend in search and destroy, once we turtle then can drop a spawn in and it gets much more difficult.

icechai

aj2good4you2 said:
yea good thing you got to stay in icechai as we woulda been alot worse off without ur help!

thanks AJ! :) but i'm a horrible medic, i was meant to kill ppl, not throw out health packs :p

TheFatOne

Kittonwy said:
Loss 3-4.

On Radec, for S&D defence we need to have the spawn point in the room and focusing all fire on anyone on the pillar and not random kills.

For Search and Retrieve the lobby area needs to be controlled, meaning two spawn points on each end with engineers spawning out while assaults in charge of carrying the speaker, there were too many people accompanying the carrier, we need people with boost for carrying the speaker that's it, we were way too far inside to defend the speaker from being delivered, someone with boost can easily rush in for an easy score.

Capture and hold was the biggest problem, we have to secure the one on our end, with at least a couple of people watching, maybe three coming out of a spawn point, one of the speakers has to be on permanent green, the other 4-5 people need to fight for the other one with a spawn nearby. Spawn points need to be up at all times.

We need to play together more, not for bodycount, we're already good at bodycount.

Indifferent2.gif

Hmmm I was thinking that is were we lost the match. We lost that lobby, and they had great position on it. What we should have done was abandon the lobby at that point. It was a lost cause there was no way we were going to take it over. At that point we should have focused on defending the other part were we have to get the propaganda speaker. From then on we should have moved as a squad while they were worried about keeping the lobby. That's how I snuck up on them and delivered the speaker. There are a bunch of different ideas I have on attacking something like that, but it's easier to explain them when I'm in the game.

Kittonwy said:
We blew it because we didn't at least keep one speaker closest to our base going. We need to have a spawn point there, and another spawn point for the other speaker we're trying to hold. I don't like fighting for the center area, because it's hard to control. Have spawn point at the two opposite speakers and flood the fuck out of with guys, the two ends can be defended because people have to enter through choke points. The problem is when we get shot we tend to turtle, and that basically killed us during the time we tried to defend in search and destroy, once we turtle then can drop a spawn in and it gets much more difficult.

Exactly what I was thinking. I was trying to tell you that in game but was too frustrated. All we need is to play more and we should be fine.

Kittonwy said:
We blew it because we don't at least keep one speaker closest to our base going. We need to have a spawn point there, and another spawn point for the other speaker we're trying to hold. I don't like fighting for the center area, because it's hard to control. Have spawn poing at the two opposite speakers and flood the fuck out of with guys. The problem is when we get shot we tend to turtle, and that basically killed us during the time we tried to defend in search and destroy.

our problem always seems to be that they are already on the cap spot as soon as the round starts and they get a small lead so we're forced to try to get all 3 which spreads us out too much,having even the smallest headstart is big in C&H

TheFatOne said:
Hmmm I was thinking that is were we lost the match. We lost that lobby, and they had great position on it. What we should have done was abandon the lobby at that point. It was a lost cause there was no way we were going to take it over. At that point we should have focused on defending the other part were we have to get the propaganda speaker. From then on we should have moved as a squad while they were worried about keeping the lobby. That's how I snuck up on them and delivered the speaker. There are a bunch of different ideas I have on attacking something like that, but it's easier to explain them when I'm in the game.

Exactly what I was thinking. I was trying to tell you that in game but was too frustrated. All we need is to play more and we should be fine.

on S&R we simply got lazy/distracted cause for the first 3 speakers we nvr had anyone setup ready to get the speaker as it spawns while they were waiting for it everytime.

TheFatOne

aj2good4you2 said:
our problem always seems to be that they are already on the cap spot as soon as the round starts and they get a small lead so we're forced to try to get all 3 which spreads us out too much,having even the smallest headstart is big in C&H

Not only that but they gambled placing spawn points.What I mean is that they would set up for the next game in advance by placing spawn points were they though the next game would be. Since this was a smaller map the penalty is minimal, but on a larger map they won't be as fortunate.

Kittonwy

Banned
TheFatOne said:

They controlled the lobby and scored EASILY with someone on boost. I was trying to keep the spawn up but there were probably only two of us and then I didn't even know where the rest of team was, and by then the score was already way lob-sided. They countered our only score quickly with another score because they had the lobby secured.

Kittonwy

Banned
aj2good4you2 said:

The problem is we don't need three, we need only two, there's no point trying to get all three and spread out the squads to the point where we often lost all three and had to get them back one by one. We didn't even have one completely locked down. We started controlling the one on the far side near the enemy base but we gave up on it, that was a big mistake. The center area is very difficult to control, it's always in flux, but the worst part was we couldn't control the one near our base. We need one spawn at each location, that's it.

TheFatOne

Kittonwy said:
They controlled the lobby and scored EASILY with someone on boost. I was trying to keep the spawn up but there were probably only two of us and then I didn't even know where the rest of team was, and by then the score was already way lob-sided. They countered our only score quickly with another score because they had the lobby secured.

Yea we were in a tight hole. As soon as we started they had both the spawn points in the lobby, and I thought ohh fuck. So I put a defensive one. What I should have done was boost across the map and place one at the pickup point. It was only me you and someone else. The thing is we need to find a way to stay organized. Once the match started slipping away we became disorganized. I think that was our downfall. We panicked a bit and it ended up biting us in the ass.

I put the battle replay up I suggest everyone take a look at it. See if we can come up with more improvements to our strategy.

Kittonwy said:
The problem is we don't need three, we need only two, there's no point trying to get all three and spread out the squads to the point where we often lost all three and had to get them back one by one. We didn't even have one completely locked down. We started controlling the one on the far side near the enemy base but we gave up on it, that was a big mistake. The center area is very difficult to control, it's always in flux, but the worst part was we couldn't control the one near our base. We need one spawn at each location, that's it.

Agreed that's were I fucked up. I put my first spawn point on their closest point, and I abandoned it to quickly. I should have kept at that spawn. Another thing that hurt us was that they had repaired all of our things. They used our own manual turrets against us. We have to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Raist

Banned
10dollas said:
If we win. hmmm... this sounds like a cleverly disguised subterfuge to accumulate valor points. After all, it is well known that GAFe has their squad tactics in order and are no pushovers. I got the mental image perfectly clear now: you all are snickering at the opportunity for free valor points from these big ole suckors. Plan is to pump them egos up and then tear em down. Ok... Maybe not. that's my imagination running off again.

Yeah, we're desperatly looking for 50VP so that we can finally go up to 97050. Or something. :p

Let's just play for free, there's no point in betting anything with such a huge difference of points. Once you'll get some medals, you can get the party started.

And ffs FFO, disable rockets.
:p

Nightz

Sorry guys I played like crap in our clan match last night. That first S&D match I felt like I was dying everytime right after I spawned and they weren't dying even when I sprayed them with bullets. I got frustrated and it threw my game off for the rest of the match. :\

And excuse my ignorance, but is there an option to pull up a view of the whole map while you're in the game? Even after playing this for 40+ hours, I still get lost in some of the maps. >_<

OP-A wants another game. This time at Salamun Market and 10 vs 10. No Rockets and M4. The challenge is at 11pm. Let me know if you are interested, I want to make sure we have enough people.

cjtiger300 said:
OP-A wants another game. This time at Salamun Market and 10 vs 10. No Rockets and M4. The challenge is at 11pm. Let me know if you are interested, I want to make sure we have enough people.
11pm what time zone...

EDIT: OK I fired up the PS3 to find out since I didn't get a response, it's 11pm Eastern, 8pm Pacific.

Count me in.

TheFatOne

cjtiger300 said:

I'm sick of the no M4 bullshit why are people afraid of one fucking gun.

EDIT: To be clear I hate playing in clan games with anything taken out that includes rockets. I just feel like in a clan game everything should be on including FF.

TheFatOne said:
I'm sick of the no M4 bullshit why are people afraid of one fucking gun.

EDIT: To be clear I hate playing in clan games with anything taken out that includes rockets. I just feel like in a clan game everything should be on including FF.

I agree, we will send the next challenge.

cjtiger300 said:

This is happening, I have accepted the challenge, so be there!

10dollas

Banned
Is the game still ongoing, or has it finished yet? I had received an error and was disconnected from the game, sorry :(.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It was full. I couldn't get in; although I hate the no Assault/M4. Take away the rockets fine, but mah M4 I need it.

icechai

well they know they can't beat us with M4 so they take it away :p we just have to beat them in spawn placements now

ashism

I left GAFw after it started slowing down a bit. Glad to see you guys conglomerating into one group.

Can I get an invite to GAFA?

TheFatOne

icechai said:
we should challenge more clans and get some valor points :p

yea we should. BTW I will have the battle replay up just give me a quick second.

Here is the Battle Replay as you can see we suck ass on Search and Retrieve. We have to get better on that mode. If we don't we will never beat a good team.

We need to set up some practice sessions. Every time I get online I see a bunch of clan members but they're always in full games.

TheFatOne

Rapping Granny said:
Sorry guys, didn't play that well. Coming off battlefieldBC, I spent half of the match trying to get use to the controls and the game.

I have no clue what this game is. I'm looking at some youtube clips right now.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
hey you guys were in a game last night but i didnt know the p/w! btw, is there a kz2 chatroom set up on psn yet?

10dollas

Banned
So ok, its constantly being thrown around we need to play some practice games and get our stuff in order. Well after playing that bots only game and having everyone mindless running around shooting stuff so infatuated with how well the bots aim was, I was kinda surprised.

I've found this link with some great ideas we could work into our plan. Of course I dunno how serious everyone else is about this.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...?board.id=killzone2&message.id=282101#M282101

Most of it is obvious dribble that any monkey could figure out ( and yet there are still fools running around in the general killzone population without a clue...), but some of the real good stuff shows up at point number 5: Objective guidelines. Could apply some of these guidelines for added organization.

I think everybody in that bots game was dicking around, at least I was, I wasn't going for the objectives, just running around till I get killed and respawn again.

TheFatOne

Rapping Granny said:
I think everybody in that bots game was dicking around, at least I was, I wasn't going for the objectives, just running around till I get killed and respawn again.

Pretty much this, but they did have two awesome bots in the last game ;)

SWEET, our own thread. I have not been on the past 2 nights because of an illness. I am getting better though. Nice to see we have a thread to better organize and stuff. Good work.

10dollas

Banned
Oh ehh? ok oops, ignore my first paragraph then. I simply had a mis-perception of the intention of the purpose of those two games.

Kittonwy said:
Loss 3-4.

I love the strategy on Capture and Hold that you described. That is the area we need the most work. I know it is very basic and obvious math, however, but that is what it takes. You only need to control 2 of the 3 points, so honestly, it is a waste of time to try to hold them all, especially with an 8 player game that I was apart of a few nights ago.

We need at least one tactician at each hold point, keeping a spawn available all the time if they DO take the point, so we can quickly respawn and take it back. I have no problem doing that. I was being strictly a tactician in our First clan battle against OTA, but I wasn't getting any objective points, so I would switch out to a different class for a while, then go back to tactician. I just need to stick to tactician if I choose one from the beginning.

Other than that, we could use an engineer to to supply turrets and the tactician could add some air support for what that is worth. Once we get the hold point closest to our base, and then one more, we need to stay there and hold them, not even try for the 3rd one. This is what they were doing to us the first match we played them.

As awful as this is to say, I was pretty ticked we lost in my first and only clan match thus far, our first one against OAT or whatever, then we rematched, I didn't play, and we won. I thought I must have been the weakest link. But to see that you guys did lose one without me, at least I can feel I am not THAT bad, lol. :lol

Also, I have quite a few friends on my friends list from IGN that want to battle us pretty bad. Are you guys interested in a match with them?

Awesome to see the clan getting very competitive and playing a lot. I would also like to try and play more clans, not just OAT or OTA. Is it wrong to find a really bad clan, challenge them, and spank them for fun? We have a couple of losses so it would definitely be a hustle, lol.

I have a club on Home that I purchased in the beginning that seems to still be active. Do you guys want to use it to chill out in and plot, scheme, strategize, whatever?

Problem is, it is limited to 32 people.

TheFatOne

3rdamention said:
I have a club on Home that I purchased in the beginning that seems to still be active. Do you guys want to use it to chill out in and plot, scheme, strategize, whatever?

Problem is, it is limited to 32 people.

Ohh that sounds nice.

Top Bottom