• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAFA Clan Thread of Annihilation

3rdamention said:
I have a club on Home that I purchased in the beginning that seems to still be active. Do you guys want to use it to chill out in and plot, scheme, strategize, whatever?

Problem is, it is limited to 32 people.
Did they put voice chat back in Home yet?

3rdamention said:
I have a club on Home that I purchased in the beginning that seems to still be active. Do you guys want to use it to chill out in and plot, scheme, strategize, whatever?

Problem is, it is limited to 32 people.

That sounds awesome. DO IT!

Does gamelaunching work with Killzone 2 yet? if so, MORE AWESOME!

Rapping Granny said:
That sounds awesome. DO IT!

Does gamelaunching work with Killzone 2 yet? if so, MORE AWESOME!

Game launching does not work. I thought you could still use voice chat while in your home or a club. I will try to set it up this evening and kick everyone from IGN out of it. We have honestly not used it for months.

I will invite all of you who are really active in this thread and stuff. I will let you know in this thread when it is set up.

Hey guys, I sent out 20 invites for the Home Club. The club is called "Hall of Champions", that was the name from when I purchased the club option 3 or 4 months ago, lol. It doesn't look like I can change the name right now, and I dont want to disband the club cause I dont know if I will lose the club option alltogether or not, and I dont want to spend another $5 for it. :D

I basically sent the first 20 invites to those of you who are on my friends list, are the leaders or officers of the clan, I recognized from these forums, recognized from play with on KZ2, etc. I only invited people from our clan, obviously. So you can either check to see if I sent you an invite in home and/or simply post in this thread.

If you want to join the Home Club to discuss GAFA strategies and whatnot, just post in here with your username. If I dont invite you tonight, I will send it out tomorrow. I am not sure if there is Voice Chat enabled in the club, I dont have the option to enable it, but I dont know if it is removed from Clubs or not (i didnt think it was). Also, if we cannot voice chat in the Club, this may be all for nothing. I dont know how much we wanna type. We can do that in here, lol.

I have an absolutely splitting headache right now so I dont know if I will be on for the Clan Match or not, you guys do fine without me anyways with OTA.

I am downloading Kung Fu Fist of Plastic but I dont even know if I can stand staying awake to try it out before relaxing. I am probably just going to finish Red Cliff while I lay down. Peace brothers.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hey can i get a home invite? PSN is tigerheli. I guess its' time to install home or something! Thx thx :)

TigerHeli, I already invited you, you are on my friends list bro, actually my newest PSN buddie, lol. :lol

Futile, I will send you one now.

Nightz

Did I get an invite? I think I have you on my friends list. Downloading Rag Doll Kung Fu at the moment, so I can't check.

Nightz said:
Did I get an invite? I think I have you on my friends list. Downloading Rag Doll Kung Fu at the moment, so I can't check.

You know it!!! Again, I still dont know if Voice Chat works since they disabled it a few months back in home. I thought it only worked in your home or club, but I cannot verify it yet. I am not going to log back into home tonight, but I will send out any more invites tomorrow night. Looks like I still have like 11 more slots open.

TheFatOne

3rdamention said:
You know it!!! Again, I still dont know if Voice Chat works since they disabled it a few months back in home. I thought it only worked in your home or club, but I cannot verify it yet. I am not going to log back into home tonight, but I will send out any more invites tomorrow night. Looks like I still have like 11 more slots open.

Hey can I get an invite my PSN ID is Lyulf

Hey invite me to that Home club yo

And yeah I'm about to get on someone should start up a private GAFA room with bots on one side and humans on the other so we can practice

polyh3dron said:
Hey invite me to that Home club yo

And yeah I'm about to get on someone should start up a private GAFA room with bots on one side and humans on the other so we can practice

we did that the other day, but the bots play nothing like actual people their aim is too ridiculous:lol

TheFatOne

aj2good4you2 said:
we did that the other day, but the bots play nothing like actual people their aim is too ridiculous:lol

Like I said earlier the Lyulf bot was just godly.

EDIT: It's not necessarily to get better but it is to get more organized. Trying new strategies etc.. while playing against bots.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
3rdamention said:
TigerHeli, I already invited you, you are on my friends list bro, actually my newest PSN buddie, lol. :lol

Futile, I will send you one now.

Wha???? I didnt see it! Lemme check right now.

Ok, I feel like an idiot, but when did bots return? Was that part of the last update or something? I honestly had no idea that bots were back.

Also, I agree, bots dont play like real people, but it is SOMETHING to practice and get organized with.

Hey guys, I did see that voice chat is back in home, and was at the end of December. However, it only works in Apartments and clubs. So we should be good to go to sit and strategize, talk trash, whatever.

Heck, you guys can even play Pac Man and Galaga in the Hall of Champions Club House.

Soooo, about challenges this weekend...

Oh and also, I checked out the club, pretty cool. Couldn't play the Pac Man and Galaga though, something about needing to download Namco Museum and I didn't know how to do so.

Raist

Banned
Why hallo there.

So basically FFO sent you a clan challenge for 0am GMT tomorrow (should be 7pm EST if I'm correct). Unfortunately we've been in a tourney for two days and the final is unexpectedly going to take place tomorrow, roughly at the same time.

So could you guys just edit the challenge so that it happens a bit later? 7.30 EST should be alright, 8pm even, if ya want.

Cheers

Cagen

It's been declined and resent for 11:30pm GMT but seeing as no one has bothered to post it in here, I'll come to the rescue!

Name: GAFe Gods vs GAFA Peasants
Date: 12 Apr 2009 11:30PM BST/GMT +1
Team: 8vs8
Map: SM
VP: 10
Modes: all
FF: on
Classes: All
Weapons: No rockets/grenade launcher

Raist

Banned
Cagen said:
It's been declined and resent for 11:30pm GMT but seeing as no one has bothered to post it in here, I'll come to the rescue!

Shouldn't you be sleeping since like, 2h ago? :p

Anyway, stop using that BST crap it's confusing, especially since it's not the equivalent of GMT+1 (well technically it is, but GMT+1 is Paris' timezone, so GMT+2 in summer).

Everyone except a few SA countries use DST anyway.
So it's 11.30pm GMT, 6.30pm EST.

Kittonwy

Banned
Cagen said:

We will face u in battle GAFe doGs.
Indifferent2.gif

SpudBud

Does GAFa have any spots open? The guys in my old clan quit playing and I'm looking for people to play with regularly. My PSN is SgtSpud.

Go to your Clan Member list and join up with me in a game called GAFA PREGAME.

It's at Salamun with the same rules as our challenge, with bots on one side and ONLY GAFA MEMBERS ADMITTED on the other side. We've got a half hour until go time.

Futile: come on we need all the GAFA members we can get.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I couldn't join the match because it was scheduled before I joined the clan. :( Sorry guys. I wish someone had invited me some days ago when I asked...

GAFA get in this challenge we're outnumbered 8 to 3...

This means you, MrBigJohnson and Click :p

Oh well, see you next match then Futile.. :(

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
If you're still outnumbered by 6:30, see if you can get them to allow a reschedule for 7:00 so I can get it and see if anyone else shows up.

ICallItFutile said:
If you're still outnumbered by 6:30, see if you can get them to allow a reschedule for 7:00 so I can get it and see if anyone else shows up.
It was too late, but luckily 7 of us made it in there though and we tied them while being outnumbered.

icechai

get Hoocares in more clan matches as engineer, i remember i was soooo frustrated by him in some games with GAFe yesterday arghhh :p

TheFatOne

Fuuuuuck I had to deal with some bullshit for several hours so I couldn't play :( Next time I will play for sure.

EDIT: Anyone have the Battle Replay?

Rapping Granny said:
GAFA needs more and better engineers who know where to set up turrets.
I've been working on that myself, I believe last game my turret placements helped us win that Search And Destroy round.

Good Job Guys, Draws are better than loses. We will take them all day. I passed out last night playing The Show 09, and missed the Battle. Honestly, I had like 3 different easter egg hunts yesterday and the kids and I were exhausted.

icechai

why don't we just start throwing a challenge to any random clans around our clan rank 8v8 2-3 times a week? What days would be best to do this? Seemed like a ton of you guys were on tonight.

icechai said:
why don't we just start throwing a challenge to any random clans around our clan rank 8v8 2-3 times a week? What days would be best to do this? Seemed like a ton of you guys were on tonight.
Any day cept for Wednesday (Lost night) is good for me :D

10dollas

Banned
For myself, any Sunday and Saturday. and Tuesdays and Thursdays after 8:30pm EST. I play everyday but my schedule is far to irregular on the other days

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I'm pretty fear right now except in the afternoons during the week. I'm completely open on the weekend.

I really want to play; never been in a clan before. I'm not amazing but I think I'm a very good medic.

Top Bottom