• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAFA Clan Thread of Annihilation

7 against 3 for GAFe so far. Still 8 minutes to join.

edit

7 on 4 now :)

Shall I be engineer? I think I remember people saying we don't have many/any good ones.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Getting turret spammed with no one playing engineer was a bad idea. I hate turrets when rockets are disabled.

TheFatOne

alr1ghtstart said:
Getting turret spammed with no one playing engineer was a bad idea. I hate turrets when rockets are disabled.

I was an engineer. Every time I put a turret up it was gone almost immediately. In fact I tried to set up some turrets where I knew they were going to defend. I had two turrets on their side on search and retrieve. You know what happened 5-1 almost 5 seconds after I had them set up. All I needed was a spawn point behind me and another engineer and we could of had that position locked up. The entire game I was practically begging someone to switch to engineer with me and only you switched right at the end.

TheFatOne said:
I was an engineer. Every time I put a turret up it was gone almost immediately. In fact I tried to set up some turrets where I knew they were going to defend. I had two turrets on their side on search and retrieve. You know what happened 5-1 almost 5 seconds after I had them set up. All I needed was a spawn point behind me and another engineer and we could of had that position locked up. The entire game I was practically begging someone to switch to engineer with me and only you switched right at the end.

Wish I could have made it, I would have been engineer with you from the start.

TheFatOne

Kittonwy said:
A couple of spots are open, let me know if u wanna join only if ur serious.

Although I am no longer in the clan I will still update the thread. The only reason I haven't updated the thread is because I forgot :lol but I will keep updating it. Also I have some ideas for different matches and things like that.

Kittonwy

Banned
TheFatOne said:
Although I am no longer in the clan I will still update the thread. The only reason I haven't updated the thread is because I forgot :lol but I will keep updating it. Also I have some ideas for different matches and things like that.

Just join back, we need people like you in the clan who actually gives a shit about winning, if you really decide to stop playing for awhile you can always leave then, the regulars need to play together more often, that's how we get better.

TheFatOne

Kittonwy said:
Just join back, we need people like you in the clan who actually gives a shit about winning, if you really decide to stop playing for awhile you can always leave then, the regulars need to play together more often, that's how we get better.

OK I think I will join again, but we have to figure out who actually wants to actually play. Another thing we need to do is make regular squads. What I mean by that is that the regulars should join in a squad against randoms, but have specific roles. Like if me you, cj, and aj are playing a game you could be a tactician, aj and I could be an engineer and we have cj swap between different classes. That way when we play in clan games we can form groups and know exactly what to do. I have a few ideas about practice, and other things.

I think we should have a quota. Each member has to play in x amount of matches and x amount of practices a month. Like 3 for each or something. We have to find a way to figure out who really wants to play clan games and who doesn't. There are a couple different kinds of people in our clan. There are guys who are afraid to play in clan games, there are people who are only on the clan to play with other gaffers, and then there are guys like us.

Another thing I want to do is set up a game every night I'm on, but with the settings of clan matches. Every night I play I will set up a game with FF on, no rtk, no assault, no boost. Its better if we practice without boost because having boost in a clan game can be like a bonus for us. Setting up regular nightly games would give us practice we need plus we can see everyone's strengths and weaknesses. The last thing we need is some strategies. Everyone has general ideas on what to do but no one follows a specific plan.

So every time I'm on look for GAF MELTDOWN! and join in to get some practice.

Edit: CJ or Kitton the next time I play in Visari Hammer with you guys remind me of the assassination spot I know.

icechai

TheFatOne said:
OK I think I will join again, but we have to figure out who actually wants to actually play. Another thing we need to do is make regular squads. What I mean by that is that the regulars should join in a squad against randoms, but have specific roles. Like if me you, cj, and aj are playing a game you could be a tactician, aj and I could be an engineer and we have cj swap between different classes. That way when we play in clan games we can form groups and know exactly what to do. I have a few ideas about practice, and other things.

I think we should have a quota. Each member has to play in x amount of matches and x amount of practices a month. Like 3 for each or something. We have to find a way to figure out who really wants to play clan games and who doesn't. There are a couple different kinds of people in our clan. There are guys who are afraid to play in clan games, there are people who are only on the clan to play with other gaffers, and then there are guys like us.

Another thing I want to do is set up a game every night I'm on, but with the settings of clan matches. Every night I play I will set up a game with FF on, no rtk, no assault, no boost. Its better if we practice without boost because having boost in a clan game can be like a bonus for us. Setting up regular nightly games would give us practice we need plus we can see everyone's strengths and weaknesses. The last thing we need is some strategies. Everyone has general ideas on what to do but no one follows a specific plan.

So every time I'm on look for GAF MELTDOWN! and join in to get some practice.

Edit: CJ or Kitton the next time I play in Visari Hammer with you guys remind me of the assassination spot I know.

the only problem is you don't get as much practice against ppl with boost (or assaults for that matter). why don't we just keep boost on, turn off rocket launchers, and have specific roles for each member still (which would mean most wouldn't be using boost).

TheFatOne

icechai said:
the only problem is you don't get as much practice against ppl with boost (or assaults for that matter). why don't we just keep boost on, turn off rocket launchers, and have specific roles for each member still (which would mean most wouldn't be using boost).

Hmmmm that's a good point, but in a lot of clan matches now they don't allow boost. I think I will just alternate it. One night with boost one night without boost.

Facism

Would one of you lovely GAFA gents add me to your friendslist so i can see you when you play GAF MELTDOWN games etc?

PSN is Live_Feed

TheFatOne

Facism said:
Would one of you lovely GAFA gents add me to your friendslist so i can see you when you play GAF MELTDOWN games etc?

PSN is Live_Feed

GAF MELTDOWN!!! is up

22 players
no rtks
no assault
ff on

PSN ID is Lyulf its only me so far waiting for more players

Edit: My connection is being retarded and creating a ton of lag. Give me 5 min to reset my network.

TheFatOne

Games were fun tonight. I am going to try and fix my network tomorrow so that there is less lag. GAF MELTDOWN is going up tomorrow at around the same time.

10dollas

Banned
thanks for taking charge and setting this evening up with great fun^^^^.

U have some good ideas lyulf. Definitely need to implement the set groups. Most of all we need to find the perfect combination of classes given the size of the game. Too many games go by where a majority play as a the saboteur.

I should be playing more clan games with yall soon as this wave of midterms is just about over.

TheFatOne

10dollas said:
thanks for taking charge and setting this evening up with great fun^^^^.

U have some good ideas lyulf. Definitely need to implement the set groups. Most of all we need to find the perfect combination of classes given the size of the game. Too many games go by where a majority play as a the saboteur.

I should be playing more clan games with yall soon as this wave of midterms is just about over.

Yea I just want to make sure everyone knows that I will try and have games up regularly. Once everybody get into playing regular games we can work on tactics and such. Just giving everyone a heads up now GAF MELTDOWN!!! is going up at 8PM EST. I will post again when it's up.

Ok since GAFe has a mascot (Ricky Martin) I think we need one as well. I nominate the fierce Terry Tate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzToNo7A-94

icechai

TheFatOne said:
Yea I just want to make sure everyone knows that I will try and have games up regularly. Once everybody get into playing regular games we can work on tactics and such. Just giving everyone a heads up now GAF MELTDOWN!!! is going up at 8PM EST. I will post again when it's up.

Ok since GAFe has a mascot (Ricky Martin) I think we need one as well. I nominate the fierce Terry Tate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzToNo7A-94

i nominate chuck norris, its fact he wins everytime he's a mascot :p

TheFatOne

I think one of the officers or Kittonwy should accept some more tournaments and low valor matches.

Edit: 4/29/09 Didn't want to make a new post so I am editing an older post. I think I am going to give Killzone 2 a rest for a few days. The last couple of days I have been doing badly so I think I will put Killzone 2 down for the weekend. Will play some more next week though. Great games today guys and I like the Wasteland stage its pretty slick.

TheFatOne

ATTENTION GAFA MEMBERS!

I Lyulf am the greatest Killzone 2 player in the world mwhahahahah

Ohh yea this is a heads up to all GAFA members I will be joining a free tournament or game every single night I am on. I will try to make them 4 on 4 etc.. I want to make them smaller so that I know enough people will be on to play in them. On the weekdays I will accept the free ones, and on the weekends I will accept the ones with valor at stake.

Each game we play on a map we will practice a specific tactic. I will assign different roles to I figure if we can do that for a month we could then take on the more serious clan matches. I will start doing this once the patch is up so that it will be easier to practice. Ok as far as tactics go I will need everyone's help. I want to create a game tomorrow or Sunday so that we can figure out each map. It will be just us on one side to discuss tactics etc.. I will write all of this down and send everyone a copy.

These are just some things I have been thinking about. If you have any ideas let me know.

dwin45 said:
Does GAFA ever play anymore? I just started playing again and I almost never see anyone else on.

Ohh yea some of us are others are playing inFAMOUS just wait til the new patch is up. Once it is up it will be much easier to practice.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
who wants to set up a share account for the new/future maps? i really don't feel like wasting 6 bucks on a pack no one will play in a week, but wouldn't mind the 6 bucks split 5 ways.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Hi, are there any spots available? Here's my profile page.

I've done everything there is to do in this game (got the platinum) but clan stuff. I want to join an active clan to have fun in that aspect of the game. The GI clan is just a poor man's party system to me, we never actually got into any clan matches or tourneys and no one plays anymore anyway. Since I've got all the badges, I'm fine in adjusting to whatever role would be asked of me.

I've got the Sony blutooth mic as well. Don't let my join date mislead you, I was only approved like 2 weeks ago.

Top Bottom