• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Little King's Story Thread of Tiny Conquistadors

JasoNsider said:
Okay, where is this game in Canada? :/ No Canadian retailers seem to be acknowledging its release. Anybody else having this problem? It's not even showing up on Futureshop or Best Buy.

I'm in Canada and pre-ordered at my local EBGames.

Oli

Anyone been able to find it at a Gamestop/EB yet? I'm going to call the one where I preordered today, but I'm assuming they won't get it until tomorrow at the earliest.

Hero of Legend said:
I'm in Canada and pre-ordered at my local EBGames.

Hmmmm, I shall check today. There is supposedly a crazy door-crasher special today at EB anyway (20 dollars for that GTA 4 bundle that has the safety box and duffle bag? Crazy).

Oli

Just an update for you all. I called my local Gamestop and they didn't have it in, but they are expecting it in their order for today. I'll call back later this afternoon and hopefully go pick it up.

Anyone else find it yet?

Oli said:
Just an update for you all. I called my local Gamestop and they didn't have it in, but they are expecting it in their order for today. I'll call back later this afternoon and hopefully go pick it up.

Anyone else find it yet?

Still too early here.
Even if it did magically come in today, it would be for another 3 hours.

Zzoram

Haunted said:
Everyone listen to GhaleonQ, he is not exaggerating. The game is that good.

You'll make it through the main story if you play 8 hours a day.

This game is 40 hours long for the main story?

Oxx

It really depends on how many of the optional side-quests you take-on. I tried to do as many as possible and ended up at around 50 hours.

EzLink

Banned
Maaaaaaan I'm so broke but so tempted to buy this. I'll probably do the wise thing though and wait until a price drop :(

Zzoram

EzLink said:
Maaaaaaan I'm so broke but so tempted to buy this. I'll probably do the wise thing though and wait until a price drop :(

I'm so short on time that I have had Dawn of Discovery Wii for a week and haven't played it yet. I also need to play some more Tiger Woods 10 M+.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Mine probably arrived, but I'm still out sick. So it'll wait in the office until I'm well enough to go back in. :(

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Oli said:
Well no dice on getting it today. Hopefully tomorrow. :(
last time i asked at EB games, they said they expected it on the 22nd, even though game was scheduled for 21st.

Oli

blu said:
last time i asked at EB games, they said they expected it on the 22nd, even though game was scheduled for 21st.

That's usually how things go. I assume the guy I talked to earlier mistook ship date with arrival date or something.

zigg

Mejilan said:
Mine probably arrived, but I'm still out sick. So it'll wait in the office until I'm well enough to go back in. :(

Get off GAF and go lie down! I don't think you should keep this game waiting! :)

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Volcynika said:
It is scheduled for the 21st. For shipping to retailers! :p
bah. my gamer logic defies all retail practices. if a game was scheduled for a certain date, it should be available on said date, starting midnight, none the less.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Their release date was 7/20, which means it should have shipped yesterday and arrived today. However, I haven't seen any available yet.

Volcynika

blu said:
bah. my gamer logic defies all retail practices. if a game was scheduled for a certain date, it should be available on said date, starting midnight, none the less.

They should really put it as Wednesdays. The only games that come out on special dates are few and far between, or are Nintendo published games (They release them on Sundays or something and you can find some in stores on Mondays).

Oli

blu said:

I wish "street dates" were more commonly used. "Release" dates are misleading, as most stores only have a game shipped on that date, and won't receive it for another day or two.

JasoNsider said:
Okay, where is this game in Canada? :/ No Canadian retailers seem to be acknowledging its release. Anybody else having this problem? It's not even showing up on Futureshop or Best Buy.

Or Amazon.ca.

Makes me glad I impulsively put down a pre-order for the game at EB a week or so back. I guess we're really seeing the importance retailers place on pre-orders. If there's no early customer interest they won't order in any copies of a niche game. I'm gonna throw some money down on Muramasa and Demon's Souls soon.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
JasoNsider said:
BuyNextGen has the game on sale this week and ships to Canada for free. It's not much of a deal for us after the exchange rate but it's still not bad if you want the game right away.

yeah, Gamestop gets it in on Wednesday. I work there and called (I haven't been in this week) to see if we had it b/c I know we had the Onii stress...monsters. I can't wait to get this tomorrow, every European review I've read have just gushed over how awesome it is.

bryehn

VG+ shipped my copy, I should see it tomorrow or Thursday, can't wait! :D

edit: Canadians, check out videogamesplus.ca, they usually get their stuff from the USA and seem to still have it in stock

None of it's overtly negative, it's some random comments they make when discussing The Conduit's sales and some remarks about the controls in the most recent Nintendo Voice Chat podcast. Little King's Story is just mentioned in passing, that the review will be up tomorrow (today), which is kind of odd given that it's a slow week and LKS is arguably a big release for the Wii. They just don't sound impressed. They banged on more about Wii Sports Resort and The Conduit's sales than they did Little King's Story.

GhaleonQ

zigg said:
I fully expect this from the outlet that posted the "Die, Tingle, Die! Die" Campaign.

*laughs* And Vanpool makes the Tingle games. Clearly, they have it out for these guys.

jaundicejuice said:
None of it's overtly negative, it's some random comments they make when discussing The Conduit's sales and some remarks about the controls. Little King's Story is just mentioned in passing, which is kind of odd given that it's a slow week and LKS is arguably a big release for the Wii.

"Won't affect The Conduit's sales" (referring to the audiences). I skipped to the parts where they talked about controls for other games, but I didn't hear anything. I assume it was, "Classic controls, boo!"

That said, if the The Conduit pushers rag on Little King's Story....

Kazoo22

Neo Member
Success!!

My Gamestop got it in today (didn't have the preorder bonus though). Hopefully I can find some time to play it today.

AniHawk

jaundicejuice said:
None of it's overtly negative, it's some random comments they make when discussing The Conduit's sales and some remarks about the controls in the most recent Nintendo Voice Chat podcast. Little King's Story is just mentioned in passing, that the review will be up tomorrow (today), which is kind of odd given that it's a slow week and LKS is arguably a big release for the Wii. They just don't sound impressed. They banged on more about Wii Sports Resort and The Conduit's sales than they did Little King's Story.

They're just upset they didn't get in the credits.

Oh, I'm gonna ride them on this a long time

Ordered on Amazon along with 2 copies of Madworld for gifts (Hopefully my sister likes it, she did like HotD: Overkill :lol ).

From what I've seen pretty much everything seems positive about it. IGN is the only one being down on it, but I still can't see them giving it any less than an 8 (it's not "wii" enough for them, so it seems. Who cares though, it's still gotta be a great game).

I also did free shipping, so I won't get it for a while. Crap.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
It's pretty obvious from the comments on previous Nintendo Voice Chat episodes that they've already decided a while ago that The Conduit > Little King's Story. The IGN review is going to dwell on the fact that this doesn't have IR controls like Pikmin and other silly things that the game doesn't have instead of actually tell you about what IS in the game, I'd love to be proven wrong though.

That said, who cares? I hope I get my copy of the game soon so I can enjoy it my-self.

zigg

Jonny The Pie King said:
it's not "wii" enough for them

They've always taken this tack, haven't they? Can't just enjoy a good game, gotta go down a list of platform features—be they graphics, controls, or whatever—and if it's not in there, mark the thing down.

I'm getting really irritated for not having even heard the comments in question nor (obviously) read the review. :lol

storl026

I usually don't like strategy games, but this has been getting really good buzz. I think I'm gonna rent it before diving right in with a purchase, but I AM interested.

Majora

GhaleonQ said:
That said, if the The Conduit pushers rag on Little King's Story....

Seriously. Sorry if there are people in this thread who liked The Conduit but if IGN give LKS a lower score than The Conduit then my respect for the Wii team over there will go from zero to minus fifty or something. The Conduit is a bog-standard FPS that wouldn't get an ounce of attention on the HD consoles, while Little King's Story is a funny, imaginative, surreal, clever experience. I guess Matt C would just rather focus on a 'mature' (lol) game that's vaguely like the bread and butter of the HD consoles rather than one which is actually really good.

[/hyperbolic rant]

Chumly

Is best buy even carrying this game? I had some gift cards that I wanted to use up.....but I cant even find it listed on the website.....

GhaleonQ

At least XSeed pushes their stuff on 1-Up. I think that they did Rune Factory Frontier, too.

Chumly said:
Is best buy even carrying this game? I had some gift cards that I wanted to use up.....but I cant even find it listed on the website.....

Wow. You're right. The website doesn't have it (but it has a lot of new and future Wii dreck, meaning they won't carry it?).

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Zzoram said:
This game is 40 hours long for the main story?

It'll be something like that. I am at just over 70 hours and have two items to find yet before setting off for the final boss - but then I am a rabid completionist and a compulsive chatter-upper of the local population. For example, I found 15 of my population having a late-night rave in one of the tiny huts by the river - rapped on the door and they came bumbling out - a couple of them singing songs. Would never have found that if I'd been pure main-questing.

For someone a bit less compulsive (and probably a bit more competent at boss battles) 40 hours might be a touch on the high side, but probably not by much.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
phisheep said:
For example, I found 15 of my population having a late-night rave in one of the tiny huts by the river - rapped on the door and they came bumbling out - a couple of them singing songs. Would never have found that if I'd been pure main-questing.

That's kind of awesome. :lol

Majora

I haven't even played the game since May and could spot a couple of errors in the review. Glad he liked it but 'lacklustre story'? Ok there's not much of a story for most of the game bar conquering the world but I found the end stretch very memorable and interesting.

I've got my flaming torch and pitchfork ready for the IGN review. Bring it on Matt :lol

Dascu

The story has a lot of little touches and even some 4th wall breaking depth. It's one of the most enjoyable tales I've witnessed in gaming in recent years.

Amir0x

Banned
Pretty excited for this shit. Now this looks like an awesome third party Wii game.

Majora said:
I haven't even played the game since May and could spot a couple of errors in the review. Glad he liked it but 'lacklustre story'? Ok there's not much of a story for most of the game bar conquering the world but I found the end stretch very memorable and interesting.

Can you give an example of the errors? Also, saying something has a lackluster story is not an 'error' but a different opinion, so I'm sure you didn't mean that

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Whatever you do, don't EVER let the King die. It's so sad I felt terrible for it. ;_;

AniHawk said:
They're just upset they didn't get in the credits.

Oh, I'm gonna ride them on this a long time

What's this all about then eh?

Top Bottom