• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

eh, LT was close to being cut by the chargers this offseason and turner is a one year wonder. i wouldn't put them in an elite category.

in other league news, the jets/dolphins game is happening in about 30 mins (from what i understand).

sable, can you play our game tonight?

Smokey

DenogginizerOS said:
:lol :lol :lol

We should have just done a fucking fantasy draft. Jesus this is stupid.

:rolleyes

FrenchMovieTheme said:
eh, LT was close to being cut by the chargers this offseason and turner is a one year wonder. i wouldn't put them in an elite category.

in other league news, the jets/dolphins game is happening in about 30 mins (from what i understand).

we'll see when i smash you later this season.

Smokey said:
:rolleyes

we'll see when i smash you later this season.

i meant in real life and being considered a player of brady/manning caliber (i.e. hall of fame).

p.s. you wont beat me. the only RB's that give me problems are pure speed backs

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i meant in real life and being considered a player of brady/manning caliber (i.e. hall of fame).

p.s. you wont beat me. the only RB's that give me problems are pure speed backs

did you forget that I have Sproles:lol :lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Pheenix,

I am home and ready to play, me hearty. Send me a PM via AIM when you are ready or just log on to the franchise and meet me in Madden.

storybook77 said:
It didn't help that Shaun Smith got knocked out of the game early. You were able to run at will up the middle after that. :\

My defense is already bad enough but I don't have any kind of depth behind my above average players. lol
Yea that was def a tough break. That and losing jackson on your first drive where you were moving easily. He went out one play and the result was a int. I hope there is no hard feelings about that pass to meachum

sableholic said:
Yea that was def a tough break. That and losing jackson on your first drive where you were moving easily. He went out one play and the result was a int. I hope there is no hard feelings about that pass to meachum

interested in playing tonight if we advance? :D

FrenchMovieTheme said:
interested in playing tonight if we advance? :D
My bad I saw your other message right after I posted. Depends on what time we advance if its soon sure, prob not if its much later. I gotta wait till I get porter.

sableholic said:
My bad I saw your other message right after I posted. Depends on what time we advance if its soon sure, prob not if its much later. I gotta wait till I get porter.

denogg and pheeniks are playing shortly, then we'll advance. it will be in about an hour. pheeniks is going to cut porter immediately after the game so you can sign him.

sound manageable?

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
there are some players in the league that under no circumstance would i approve a trade. brady, manning, AP, brees, etc.

dont get your hopes up ladies
Fuck. I was in talks for all of those...
FrenchMovieTheme said:
...the LT and Turner of real life are not the LT and Turner of Madden. And how is Turner a one year wonder? He still gets 5 yards a carry and is top 10 in rushing/top 3 in TDs. Turner is a fucking beast and top 3 overall in the game. And what about MJD? He's one of the best in the league in real life now that Fred Taylor is gone. He's definitely the face of the franchise and he went to the division winner... I don't know how much real life has or should influence the league.

Just sayin'. Anyway, besides two or three big deals last off-season, there hasn't been that much of a move overall and it usually happens with owners who aren't fans of their league teams. We're still a long ways away from being a fantasy league.

Who is the Texans? :| I'll play you tonight if you can!!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
denogg and pheeniks are playing shortly, then we'll advance. it will be in about an hour. pheeniks is going to cut porter immediately after the loss so you can sign him.

sound manageable?
:lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Great game, Pheenix. You played a flawless game. Just like the real Jets/Dolphins game this year. Came down to final possession. You keep the turnovers away, and you will do well.

DenogginizerOS said:
Great game, Pheenix. You played a flawless game. Just like the real Jets/Dolphins game this year. Came down to final possession. You keep the turnovers away, and you will do well.

gg man. I was thinking about going for just a FG to stay safe because I have sexy rexy tendencies in madden. but mark sanchez beasted me. great game

and i think i like my backup HB...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
BigAT said:
DSkillz, want to play after their game is done?

Sorry, just now saw this. I don't want to play tonight, I am exhausted. Some mindless killing might be best for me tonight.

Striker

FrenchMovieTheme said:

A CAP would've probably allowed Tomlinson to be moved, but not Turner. That's where certain trades or moves would come in handy. Want to trade or cut a player who carries a big contract? Then say hello to a massive CAP hit, bro!

Madden 2011, berieve!

Ramirez,

Are you able to play tonight or tomorrow before 4 PM est.? If not, best to try Sunday evening.

BigAT

dskillzhtown said:
Sorry, just now saw this. I don't want to play tonight, I am exhausted. Some mindless killing might be best for me tonight.

That's fine. Want to do it sometime early tomorrow?

bluemax

Banned
AstroLad said:
Dragon Age. Also stuff you can't do on consoles like Crysis. Also just any strategy or sim game that requires a lot of attention to detail. I'm not a greasy snob, but I'll often go with PC over consoles just because I'm a graphics whore and I hate having inferior versions, be they on PS3, Wii, or consoles in general. Multiplayer-heavy games though I'll almost always get on 360 because that's where my friends and family are at for the most part.

Also I am looking forward to our game in two weeks bluemax, awesome race for NFC West second-place DOMINATION. Daw knocked out Wells for a week, but lucky me it's my bye week.

I want revenge for the battery game last year! My goal of 4-2 in division is still alive!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
league advanced! gogogogogo

p.s. texans owner is pending. waiting to hear back on some things. sorry guys i should have an answer shortly
How shortly? :'(

Got back way earlier than I thought. Whomever it is, let's get it on ASAP!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
When are you available Airbrian? I am around all weekend except mid afternoon for the gym tomorrow and the Giants smashing the Falcons Sunday.

Gg fmt although if I knew you were still trying I probably would have ran that last int back. What is the etiquite on that by the way? Is defensive tds always game?

dang, another beatin :(

just wasn't my game. i can't defend speed backs, my guys are draped on saints receviers but they still haul it in, safeties droppin ints in the redzone, shockey with 4 guys around him somehow hauls in the TD, trying to run the hurry up and apparently english is tired because on an open out route he throws it way back inside to the db, etc etc.

i should probably dial my playbook back, dont have the receivers to be running all these passes!

gg sable, you just got onto my revenge list!

p.s. take those ints back if you want! i wouldn't have cared, its my own fault i say

Ok will do, just wasn't sure if that would constitute running it up. Now I've probably killed gays progression lol. Yeah a lot of tough breaks, that shockey catch was the luckiest I've ever seen, sadly the replay cuts off.

Sucks about jones he seemed like a good receiving option. Also with your rb I thought you'd rush a lot more

sableholic said:
Ok will do, just wasn't sure if that would constitute running it up. Now I've probably killed gays progression lol. Yeah a lot of tough breaks, that shockey catch was the luckiest I've ever seen, sadly the replay cuts off.

you can still watch it if you go to "view replay" (instead of create highlight)

it looks like both willis and the cb are in position for the pick but somehow it goes past both of them. doesn't morph through or anything so it was just a whiff! unlucky break but what can i do i got the bogus frank gore TD run :lol

bluemax

Banned
Heh I thought this was funny and kind of related, I was recreating Smokey's Chargers roster to practice against in offline mode and at one point it wouldn't let me add a player because I had exceeded the Salary Cap.

Was able to get under by cutting Volek, but still! First time in recreating the league's rosters I've seen that.

AstroLad said:
Bad time to be playing me; I am on a roll: 2-1 in my last 3 so yeaaaah......

We don't play until next week. You could be 2-2 at that point!

Striker

In Smokey's team now, BE would have a brand new deal, and certainly Sproles/Turner wouldn't be both on the squad with their deals.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you can still watch it if you go to "view replay" (instead of create highlight)

it looks like both willis and the cb are in position for the pick but somehow it goes past both of them. doesn't morph through or anything so it was just a whiff! unlucky break but what can i do i got the bogus frank gore TD run :lol

lol yea I had some really awful miscues on d, there was that one where i tried to hit stick and missed with a couple guys, and then the long td pass to start the game where i tried to switch to the blitzer only to turn into the cb.

regarding the chiefs/texans:

neither player is around right now anyways, so i dont know how you guys would play. i still haven't heard back from BJ so as soon as i do then we'll know whats going on. sorry fellas :(

p.s. just saw the final episode of the sopranos. wtf was that?

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
regarding the chiefs/texans:

neither player is around right now anyways, so i dont know how you guys would play. i still haven't heard back from BJ so as soon as i do then we'll know whats going on. sorry fellas :(
:\
p.s. just saw the final episode of the sopranos. wtf was that?
:lol Don't stop believing, mayne.

LJ11

Decided to use my late round DT in the 3rd qtr, he should be a 34 end, and he was shredding the interior faster than my 1st rounder. They have about a 15 point difference in str, almost the same PMV, and a 20 point difference in FMV, but my backup has the edge speed wise (though his acceleration is slower). Very little drop off in production, felt like the same exact player was in the game. Too bad he's a D and won't go anywhere.

Oh fuck

Even if I do end up with KC, I do not want my first game with a new team to be against the Colts.........

I'd rather play the Raiders with the Texans, the team trade can go through next week......

Somnia

BigJonsson said:
Oh fuck

Even if I do end up with KC, I do not want my first game with a new team to be against the Colts.........

I'd rather play the Raiders with the Texans, the team trade can go through next week......

Nnamdi just got very excited.

Top Bottom