• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ramirez said:
I could barely finish my drop before he was in my face, I loathe manual DL play, I really wish we would ban it. Every once in a while is ok, but playing a lineman the whole game is a sham.

Try having the Texans O-line with Dockett in your face :(

Ramirez

AstroLad said:
wellie sure didn't have that much trouble with it when we met in the playoffs :lol

I won too, what's your point? Doesn't make the game any less fun because you can do one move on my linemen and be in the backfield in .5 seconds every play. :lol

Whatever, I've been down this road before, too many staunch DL players in this league to change it anyways.

Matrix, I would say pass blocking wise, our lines are probably equally bad.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad said:
wellie sure didn't have that much trouble with it when we met in the playoffs :lol
Actually Dockett sacked me twice.

For reference, I was sacked a total of 15 times last season including the playoffs.

And the guy he beat for those two sacks was my 90+ rated RG.

Soooo.....

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Well to be fair you won because my guys dropped seven picks while Taylor warp caught everything (and didn't drop anything) within 20 yards of him. And you still needed an NFL-Blitz-style CPU-assistance fumble to force OT. That victory is not quite comparable to Wellie beating me 60-7 or whatever it was in the playoffs.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I hate maunal DL play too, but Ive gotten over it. Ive become pretty good at getting the ball out of my hands as fast as possible, Schaub hardly gets sacked.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
You're also not forced to send everyone out on routes every down. I know, crazy that you should have to actually account for an elite d-lineman. What can I say Madden is fake and broken as hell. If you want real line play go play nfl2k...wait. nm. You're stuck with Madden.

LiveWire

AstroLad said:

Seriously, most times I have to battle just to get Haynesworth within sight of a QB. Sometimes he's swimming through 3 O-linemen, while my DEs struggle to get off one block.

PBY

Banned
im back... have no idea how the draft works, but i'm free whenever

also, to everyone who is giving me shit- be very scared- I WILL WIN ONE GAME NEXT SEASON!
probably not, lol
you have been forewarned:D

Ramirez

AstroLad said:
Well to be fair you won because my guys dropped seven picks while Taylor warp caught everything (and didn't drop anything) within 20 yards of him. And you still needed an NFL-Blitz-style CPU-assistance fumble to force OT. Not exactly anything to be proud of. :lol

arg! nvm

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ramirez said:
;) It was a fun game and crazy all the way down to the end. Pretty much all you can ask for from a scrim. I really don't see any need to be hating on anything. Maybe sometimes Dockett gets in quick. If there's no one back to block that's usually trouble. Maybe sometimes Taylor makes a great play on a potentially ill-advised pass. I rarely get too upset or stressed out because in my mind it all balances out. Except Fight for the Fumble. I hate that shit and am buying a turbo controller.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Should we just play with no pass rush whatsoever? How about we all just play practice with offense only and if someone runs out of bounds or drops a pass then they lose the game.

The fact of the matter is that there is ZERO pass rush in this game unless you play DL. I've wanted to switch to MLB for a while now but can't because my defense is predicated on pressure and forcing mistakes, blitzes don't get there without creativity on the DL (unless you have a super team). Sorry if you guys want to play in some cupcake arena league.

Also, does anyone actually hold in additional blockers besides me? No? So quit crying about pressure.

Nightz

peterb0y said:
im back... have no idea how the draft works, but i'm free whenever

also, to everyone who is giving me shit- be very scared- I WILL WIN ONE GAME NEXT SEASON!
probably not, lol
you have been forewarned:D
You gotta drop two players on your team. Their total overall rating must be at least 150. No kickers, punters or fullbacks. If you drop an offensive lineman, he must be rated at least 80. Send your drops in to one of the commishes.

LiveWire

Oh and a ridiculous little anecdote: I was playing a Ranked match online earlier against a guy using the Steelers. Typical online trash, going for it every 4th down from the start of the game. Using Ben's overratedness to wing passes with Haynesworth and Carter hanging on for dear life, Heath Miller breaking 500 tackles, etc.

I'm leading late in the game (I ended up winning 9-7), he's down 2 pts and on his own 24 yard line. 4th down and long, like 18 or 19, I shit you not, he's almost 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage, and he unleashes a back foot throw that goes past Santonio Holmes at the 5 yd line and hits the ground at the endzone line. That's almost a 90-yard throw in the air. Love it EA! Keep up the bullshit! :lol

Matrix

Ramirez said:

I saw that :lol

404-error.jpg

people are complaining about manual D-line play!?

do you guys realize how overpowered the passing game is?? i guarantee you dockett didn't get a sack on you every play. what do you want? sit back when its convenient for you and pass all day?

i've started to play D-line because my CB's are piss poor and i get NO PRESSURE on the qb even with a blitz.

just like in real life, you should have to account for a good d-lineman. against people who don't play d-line, there's no need to worry about non-blitz pressure. the CPU line just doesn't do anything. oh sure, once in a while you'll get a coverage sack, but no true pressure.

d-line on my friends!

LiveWire

Nightz said:
You gotta drop two players on your team. Their total overall rating must be at least 150. No kickers, punters or fullbacks. If you drop an offensive lineman, he must be rated at least 80. Send your drops in to one of the commishes.

And each player needs to be at least 75.

Matrix

Ramirez said:
shhh

I knew Wellie would be the first to lash out at the notion of no DL play. :lol

Ck and I went to war about this years ago, I'm too old to even care anymore :lol But like FMT said it's no where near as bad as years past.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i saw it too. it's cool i know people get heated after games (altho scrims that they won in OT that is hardcore). fwiw to address your points i mixed up my plays a lot and actually i was trying a bunch of new stuff that i haven't gotten much practice with in the league. maybe a lot of them looked similar i really don't know i was just picking whatever looked interesting.

LukeSmith

Ramirez said:
I could barely finish my drop before he was in my face, I loathe manual DL play, I really wish we would ban it. Every once in a while is ok, but playing a lineman the whole game is a sham.

Flip your formations so that he can't come in one on one formations without making presnap adjustments. Astro studied at the LJ school of DT play!

Matrix

Lets all talk about the real issue with the game... fumbles, lets do away with them. Lets change the game of football forever!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
Ck and I went to war about this years ago, I'm too old to even care anymore :lol But like FMT said it's no where near as bad as years past.
I just don't get it though, this year it's the most balanced it has ever been. Sorry if Astro's 92 rated Dockett or my 91 rated Tuck actually has an impact on the game. How do people admit they have shitty OLs and then get pissed off when Pro Bowl DLinemen beat their guys?

Rorschach

No one uses their backs or TEs for pass protect. Too busy throwing to the HBs in the flats. But people who do get good chips from HBs. They're actually pretty good about picking up the DEs for at least a chip which buys time. Max protect is dead in this league. :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
No one uses their backs or TEs for pass protect. Too busy throwing to the HBs in the flats. But people who do get good chips from HBs. They're actually pretty good about picking up the DEs for at least a chip which buys time. Max protect is dead in this league. :p
SHATAP!!

LukeSmith

Another reason people probably don't max protect is because of how hard it can be to throw the ball to the outside - as previously discussed a mountain of pages ago.

Ramirez

Rorschach said:

I do hold my RB in most of the time, doesn't seem to help much. Throwing under center isn't even an option for me, I always get sacked or throw a lame duck.

Wellie, I understand that the guy should be in the backfield some plays, but no linemen gets beat 80-90% of the time, no matter how good the DL is.

Also like Luke said, if you max protect, the coverage is so good in this game there aren't really any throwing lanes when you only have 2-3 options.

Matrix

Wellington said:
I just don't get it though, this year it's the most balanced it has ever been. Sorry if Astro's 92 rated Dockett or my 91 rated Tuck actually has an impact on the game. How do people admit they have shitty OLs and then get pissed off when Pro Bowl DLinemen beat their guys?

I haven't complained at all this year. I still have the right to not like it, I guess it's just left over hate cause my O-lines back in the day were truly awful. I don't think it's anywhere as bad as it was in the past that's also why I haven't said anything.

I said GG after our game and you played well and your manual Dline play didn't bother me.... fucking fumbles did. For some reason though when I was playing against Dockett in a scrim against Astro, keeping HB's and TE's in to block didn't work and he was in my face literally all game. I still didn't bitch at Astro, I think I cried a little about how badly Dockett was abusing me though.

we're ready! post the rosters fifty!

guys, please send myself or fifty a PM with your top 64 players (or less if you want!) so we can move this along quickly. come on guys.... come awn [/jimmy]

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
You're so elite and so antagonistic. You're the AFC's version of CB
Yeah, I go around declaring that no one can beat me and guaranteeing wins. Anyway, it's cool with me if the powers that be decide to ban DL play, running plays, whatever. I'm not set at DT/DE. I just think it's ridiculous. A couple of seasons ago, it was that the OL was overpowered and we didn't have enough sacks, then it was that the CBs were overpowered, and now it's that the DL is overpowered. Yet, the offenses continue to thrive throughout the league. So which is it?

And you're the most passive aggressive person here and when you finally speak your mind and someone replies you're always "just kidding."

Fifty

Let's get it on! (well, not really, because DCX isn't around and he picks first, but for example, the #3 pick could send us his top 3 picks to eliminate refreshing the thread. The 10th pick, his top 10..and so on)

Stop fighting and start looking at these old motherfuckers!

FA Draft Order

Falcons - on the clock
Ravens -
Cardinals -
Browns -
Raiders -
Colts -
Seahawks -
49ers -
Jets -
Dallas -
Steelers -
Patriots -
Vikings -
Giants -
Buccaneers -
Titans -
Broncos -
Lions -
Dolphins -
Chargers -
Bills -
Chiefs -
Redskins -
Texans -
Panthers -
Packers -
Eagles -
Rams -
Jaguars -
Bears -
Bengals -
Saints -

Name Position Rating
Tony Gonzalez TE 98
Eric Steinbeck LG 91
Tra Thomas LT 88
Greg Ellis OLB 88
Larry Johnson RB 86
Flozell Adams LT 86
Shaun Ellis LE 86
Willie Parker RB 86
Torry Holt WR 85
Levi Brown RT 85
Shaun O'Hara C 84
Matt Hasselbeck QB 84
Derrick Ward RB 83
Trevor Pryce LE 83
James Casey TE 83
Raheem Brock RE 83
Travelle Wharton LG 82
Nick Kaczur RT 82
Chris Cuper RG 81
Ben Hamilton LG 81
Vernon Carey RT 81
Tim Hightower RB 81
Tyrell Johnson SS 81
Jovan Hayes DT 81
Phillip Buchannon CB 80
Fred Jackson RB 80
Al Harris CB 80
Troy Kropog RT 80
Michael Jenkins WR 79
Jason Taylor OLB 79
Visanthe Shiancoe TE 79
Deion Branch WR 79
Mike Vrabel ROLB 79
Leonard Little RE 78
James Sanders FS 78
Rocky Bernard DT 78
Desmond Clark TE 78
Bobby Mcrae RE 77
Chester Taylor RB 77
Cornelius Griffin DT 77
Alge Crumpler TE 77
Chris Hovan DT 76
Richard Quinn TE 76
Mike Goff RG 76
Tommy Kelly DT 76
Andre Carter RE 76
D. Miller HB 75
Randy McMichael TE 75
Chanci Stuckey WR 75
Deshea Townsend CB 75
Kyle Williams DT 75
Danny Clark OLB 75
Bernard Pollard SS 75
Chris Gocong OLB 74
Roman Harper SS 74
M. Lewis SS 74
Takeo Spikes OLB 74
Scott Mckillop MLB 74
Dusty Dvorecek DT 74
Roy Williams SS 73
Johnny Jolly DT 73
Daimoine Lewis DT 71
Daimone Chubb RB 70
Marlon Mccree FS 67

Ramirez said:
I do hold my RB in most of the time, doesn't seem to help much. Throwing under center isn't even an option for me, I always get sacked or throw a lame duck.

Wellie, I understand that the guy should be in the backfield some plays, but no linemen gets beat 80-90% of the time, no matter how good the DL is.

Also like Luke said, if you max protect, the coverage is so good in this game there aren't really any throwing lanes when you only have 2-3 options.

try watching a real life 49ers game on any given sunday

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
Yeah, I go around declaring that no one can beat me and guaranteeing wins. Anyway, it's cool with me if the powers that be decide to ban DL play, running plays, whatever. I'm not set at DT/DE. I just think it's ridiculous. A couple of seasons ago, it was that the OL was overpowered and we didn't have enough sacks, then it was that the CBs were overpowered, and now it's that the DL is overpowered. Yet, the offenses continue to thrive throughout the league. So which is it?

And you're the most passive aggressive person here and when you finally speak your mind and someone replies you're always "just kidding."

That's it. We're going to couples counseling.

Ramirez

Rorschach said:

u mad?

Rorschach said:

:lol

the only people complaining are matrix and ramirez

relax fellas!

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol

the only people complaining are matrix and ramirez

relax fellas!

If that's me complaining then you wouldn't like me when I'm angry!

Nightz

I think we should all just stop manually controlling players and just sim all the games. I mean, the offseason is the best part of the franchise anyway.

And man, it's gonna take a while to get to me.

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
Haha no, but you seem to be. Unfortunately, you'll have to adjust the way you play because I don't think DL play is going anywhere.

You're definitely butthurt over something, tell us friend.

I know DL play isn't going any where, that would require some of you to not let the cpu do all of the work for you in the secondary.

Matrix

LukeSmith said:
I'm not good enough to play LB or Secondary. :(

LB is fun to play on the Texans :D Secondary....not so much.

Top Bottom