• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Fifty

The Ravens select Tony Gonzalez.

I feel that even if for one season, being able to play him alongside Todd Heap will add an interesting dimension to my team. Heap/Gonzo/Boldin, Rice/Keller should give me plenty of options to finally win a playoff game!

P.S: I'm not going to spend my entire saturday night refreshing this thread (just most of it!) so everyone can chip in..just try and keep this list updated and near the top. Quote my post to get at it.

FA Draft Order

Falcons - Tim Hightower
Ravens - Tony Gonzalez
Cardinals - James Casey
Browns - on the clock
Raiders -
Colts -
Seahawks -
49ers -
Jets -
Dallas -
Steelers -
Patriots -
Vikings -
Giants -
Buccaneers -
Titans -
Broncos -
Dolphins -
Chargers -
Bills -
Chiefs -
Redskins -
Texans -
Panthers -
Packers -
Eagles -
Rams -
Jaguars -
Bears -
Lions -
Bengals -
Saints -

Name Position Rating
Tony Gonzalez TE 98
Eric Steinbeck LG 91 - Browns
Tra Thomas LT 88 - Niners
Greg Ellis RE 88 - Raiders
Larry Johnson RB 86 - Ravens
Flozell Adams LT 86 - Cowboys
Shaun Ellis LE 86 - Jets
Willie Parker RB 86 - Steelers
Torry Holt WR 85 - Jaguars
Levi Brown RT 85 - Cardinals
Shaun O'Hara C 84 - Giants
Matt Hasselbeck QB 84 - Seahawks
Derrick Ward RB 83 - Bucs
Trevor Pryce LE 83 - Ravens
James Casey TE 83
Raheem Brock RE 83 - Colts
Travelle Wharton LG 82 - Panthers
Nick Kaczur RT 82 - Patriots
Chris Cuper RG 81 - Broncos
Ben Hamilton LG 81 - Colts
Vernon Carey RT 81 - Chargers
Tim Hightower RB 81
Tyrell Johnson SS 81 - Vikings
Jovan Hayes DT 81 - Titans
Fred Jackson RB 80 - Bills
Al Harris CB 80 - Packers
Troy Kropog RT 80 - Dolphins
Michael Jenkins WR 79 - Falcons
Jason Taylor OLB 79 - Eagles
Visanthe Shiancoe TE 79 - Vikings
Deion Branch WR 79 - Seahawks
Mike Vrabel ROLB 79 - Chiefs
Leonard Little RE 78 - Rams
James Sanders FS 78 - Patriots
Rocky Bernard DT 78 - Bengals
Desmond Clark TE 78 - Bears
Bobby Mcrae RE 77 - Saints
Chester Taylor RB 77 - Redskins
Cornelius Griffin DT 77 - Redskins
Alge Crumpler TE 77 - Titans
Phillip Buchannon CB 76 - Lions
Chris Hovan DT 76 - Bucs
Richard Quinn TE 76 - Broncos
Mike Goff RG 76 - Lions
Tommy Kelly DT 76 - Raiders
Andre Carter RE 76 - Dolphins
D. Miller HB 75 - Cowboys
Randy McMichael TE 75 - Rams
Chanci Stuckey WR 75 - Jets
Deshea Townsend CB 75 - Steelers
Kyle Williams DT 75
Danny Clark OLB 75
Bernard Pollard SS 75
Chris Gocong OLB 74
Roman Harper SS 74
M. Lewis SS 74
Takeo Spikes OLB 74
Scott Mckillop MLB 74 - Niners
Dusty Dvorecek DT 74
Roy Williams SS 73
Johnny Jolly DT 73
Daimoine Lewis DT 71
Daimone Chubb RB 70
Marlon Mccree FS 67

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:
Worst GM Ever
Save this post when i take the South again and win two or more playoff games. i almost took Gonzo back, but it would take away from Moss and White. Hightower is young yet with B potential and his trucking is nice enough for me to work with. He will work well within the Falcon offensive system i have in place.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
Name Position Rating
Tony Gonzalez TE 98
Eric Steinbeck LG 91
Tra Thomas LT 88
Greg Ellis OLB 88
Larry Johnson RB 86
Flozell Adams LT 86
Shaun Ellis LE 86
Willie Parker RB 86
Torry Holt WR 85
Levi Brown RT 85
Shaun O'Hara C 84
Matt Hasselbeck QB 84
Derrick Ward RB 83
Trevor Pryce LE 83
James Casey TE 83
Raheem Brock RE 83
Travelle Wharton LG 82
Nick Kaczur RT 82
Chris Cuper RG 81
Ben Hamilton LG 81
Vernon Carey RT 81
Tim Hightower RB 81
Tyrell Johnson SS 81
Jovan Hayes DT 81
Phillip Buchannon CB 80
Fred Jackson RB 80
Al Harris CB 80
Troy Kropog RT 80
Michael Jenkins WR 79
Jason Taylor OLB 79
Visanthe Shiancoe TE 79
Deion Branch WR 79
Mike Vrabel ROLB 79
Leonard Little RE 78
James Sanders FS 78
Rocky Bernard DT 78
Desmond Clark TE 78
Bobby Mcrae RE 77
Chester Taylor RB 77
Cornelius Griffin DT 77
Alge Crumpler TE 77
Chris Hovan DT 76
Richard Quinn TE 76
Mike Goff RG 76
Tommy Kelly DT 76
Andre Carter RE 76
D. Miller HB 75
Randy McMichael TE 75
Chanci Stuckey WR 75
Deshea Townsend CB 75
Kyle Williams DT 75
Danny Clark OLB 75
Bernard Pollard SS 75
Chris Gocong OLB 74
Roman Harper SS 74
M. Lewis SS 74
Takeo Spikes OLB 74
Scott Mckillop MLB 74
Dusty Dvorecek DT 74
Roy Williams SS 73
Johnny Jolly DT 73
Daimoine Lewis DT 71
Daimone Chubb RB 70
Marlon Mccree FS 67

:lol :lol :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i still have nightmares of you using derrick johnson patrolling the middle..... :(

haha

I'm better with Ryans.

Nice pick Astro, my boy Casey from Rice was hard to let go of.

:lol @ LJ the FA

DMczaf

20h1r37.jpg

Fifty

Browns up now.

Also, I'm editing my above list with the team names of dropped players, so that you can easily find out their attributes. Just give me some time with that!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Matrix said:
haha

I'm better with Ryans.

Nice pick Astro, my boy Casey from Rice was hard to let go of.

:lol @ LJ the FA
yep i was looking at your roster and saw you pretty much had to let go of him b/c of the glut of riches at TE but he's gonna be huge for me, my current high TE is Pope, who is a 75 and borderline waiver wire fodder. and now i can move tolbert back to fb where he can make up for the pass-catching threat lost with hightower. I LIKE

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Astrolad I have dropped Casey, he's yours to have when the time comes.

Fifty

Rorschach said:
You can't pick up FAs in the offseason

Oops OK well maybe it's not a good idea to drop players. Because you can't see FAs on the site, so you can't check their ratings. Carry on without dropping yet! (unless your player was already picked, then it doesn't matter)

DMczaf

Fifty said:
Oops OK well maybe it's not a good idea to drop players. Because you can't see FAs on the site, so you can't check their ratings. Carry on without dropping yet!

Too late, the machine has started

Rorschach

It's not about assigning players, it's about people dropping them and us not being able to see ratings online.

I'm on the tree siddy, but I can imagine this thing dragging on and some people wanting to check ratings from work or school.

Rorschach said:
It's not about assigning players, it's about people dropping them and us not being able to see ratings online.

I'm on the tree siddy, but I can imagine this thing dragging on and some people wanting to check ratings from work or school.

is striker on XBL by chance? :(

LiveWire

How come there are players below 75 in the FA list? I thought it was minimum 75 rating? Fuck, if that's the case I'd have put good old Robert "Go back to McD's you morans" Henson on the board.

Ramirez

LiveWire said:
How come there are players below 75 in the FA list? I thought it was minimum 75 rating? Fuck, if that's the case I'd have put good old Robert "Go back to McD's you morans" Henson on the board.

I knew I should have just held on to Parker, the list is mostly Linemen and trash again. =\

LJ11

Just got in, that's a pretty good FA pool.

With respect to DL play, I was playing MLB or FS the majority of last season and had decent results, but the sacks weren't coming. Switched to DL and blew it up with my DT's. Playing DT is tougher than some of you think, because it's harder to stop the run. All of my loses were due to my inability to stop the run, played pass first instead of staying at home. It's why I put up the sack numbers I did, but it's also the reason I lost to Crow.

Crow kept an extra back in at all times, I suctioned into his RB multiple times, he had a strategy going in and it paid off. On the other hand, I could have left the flats more open than I did because his back was in to block, so he had 4 man routes max.

It's a chess game, adjust to what your opponent is doing.

LiveWire

Ramirez said:
I knew I should have just held on to Parker, the list is mostly Linemen and trash again. =\

Eh, I'd be stoked if I get Flozell Adams. Then I can fuck with Wellington's D-linemen. What button is assigned to tripping, Right Bumper?

Ramirez

LiveWire said:
Eh, I'd be stoked if I get Flozell Adams. Then I can fuck with Wellington's D-linemen. What button is assigned to tripping, Right Bumper?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he won't be there by your pick. :lol

Birdman02

LiveWire said:
The 75 minimum was last season. This season, it was just 150 point minimum total.

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
did you even use parker last season?

and there are good players to be had. but i'm not going to point them out for you!

Yup, I used him a lot in certain situations...plus my back up is Moore, and Mendenhall got hurt on the regular last season.

Don't get me wrong, there are good players, but the list is mostly made up of linemen and old players that will probably retire in a season. :lol

On the subject of this, has EA said anything about next years Madden even including a proper FA system and salary cap? I could totally see them skipping it again TBH.

Ramirez said:
Yup, I used him a lot in certain situations...plus my back up is Moore, and Mendenhall got hurt on the regular last season.

Don't get me wrong, there are good players, but the list is mostly made up of linemen and old players that will probably retire in a season. :lol

On the subject of this, has EA said anything about next years Madden even including a proper FA system and salary cap? I could totally see them skipping it again TBH.

i picked up an "old" RT last season and he absolutely solidified my line and helped me to pass for the most yards in the league (he was also helped by the drafts #1 pick, max younger, who is 5 years old according to EA's site)

regarding next season, we don't know. there may not be a salary cap in the real NFL so obviously that would be on hold for OF

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i picked up an "old" RT last season and he absolutely solidified my line and helped me to pass for the most yards in the league (he was also helped by the drafts #1 pick, max younger, who is 5 years old according to EA's site)

Your team was second in passing in the league. I played Curtis Painter. You and your revisionist history.

Birdman02

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i picked up an "old" RT last season and he absolutely solidified my line and helped me to pass for the most yards in the league

And yet he's right back on the FA block this season! :lol

Did anyone confirm AirBrian's cuts, or did we just use the ones Fifty suggested (I'm too lazy to check for myself)?

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:

I was all set to take Thomas who you STOLE one selection before I was set to pick. Instead I got Mike Gandy who dropped 6 points in the offseason, despite being 5 years younger than Thomas who dropped 0.

Boo.

Fifty

I cut for him. Alge Crumpler and a DT. He hasn't been around for a few days, and I don't know where he is. Anyway, they were really good cuts because he has 3 good players at both positions.

Rorschach

Fifty said:
I cut for him. Alge Crumpler and a DT. He hasn't been around for a few days, and I don't know where he is. Anyway, they were really good cuts because he has 3 good players at both positions.
You're thinking of the wrong guy.
[edit] Oh nm you were responding to bird. This is what you get when you don't use the quote function!

we could speed it up in the future if upcoming people would send myself or fifty a list of the players they want.

obviously not for striker (he had no opportunity to see the last), but for the future!

Matrix

I'm so low down on the list I'm not sending anything yet.

I'd rather scrimmage, anyone want to play?

Matrix

Fine send the invite Bob and get ready to face a depleted Texans team!

Top Bottom