• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

Sanjuro

I like how you can beat me with a score of 59 early this season, but dealt a four point loss and you start trashing your basement.

I've already told you directly I think your shit is garbage. This isn't a secret. I'm obviously more pissed because I lost

Besides I know your objective was to troll me into that win and you succeeded. Honey nut cheerios it is

Sokantish

Yeah you should probably run more, ph33nix

How come only rushing 7 times is considered sim but going for an onside kick when you're losing in the 3rd quarter isn't?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Yeah you should probably run more, ph33nix

How come only rushing 7 times is considered sim but going for an onside kick when you're losing in the 3rd quarter isn't?

7 rushing attempts sounds about normal for a typical Reid coached team.

eznark

Banned
Bullshit. Teams defensive audibles are much more limited than offensive audibles in this game. Running it the entire game is complete cheese. A few drives, fine. But the game ph33 described sounds like classic Sanjuro bullshit.

Yeah, that's why teams run muddle/no huddle in real life too. Sounds to me like Ph33nix simply played right into his hands.

It's not cheese because it doesn't work unless you let it.

Yeah, that's why teams run muddle/no huddle in real life too. Sounds to me like Ph33nix simply played right into his hands.

I agree with this. I see no issue with the no huddle.

Onside kick is a bitch move though

Then how come you weren't, bitch?

images

I hope you enjoy your shittier draft position bitch

I did play right into his hands. He got me into a tempo I didn't want. He trolled me and succeeded.

And I'm not saying don't do it again, all I did was point out that I saw what he did to win and he's the one who called me a jerk!

McNei1y

I've seen teams onside kick right out of the gate at half time. I think the situation needs to be explained. Saying "onside kick in the 3rd quarter!" brings up a whole bunch of possible scenarios.

I've seen teams onside kick right out of the gate at half time. I think the situation needs to be explained. Saying "onside kick in the 3rd quarter!" brings up a whole bunch of possible scenarios.

He just scored and there was 4 minutes left in the 3rd down 21-14

Look I would welcome anyone who wants to do that. At the time I was just thinking ok fine more easy points if you want to do the pout thing. He basically just got so many breaks and I gave it away for a lot of reasons. I am just fucking annoyed right now

You can find instances of almost everything happening in an NFL game at one point in time - so i guess everything goes! You are right though, we need more information. On the surface, it looks like a bitch move.

Sanjuro

I had a missed opportunity due to a lag spike at the end of the first half. Time ran off, was on the three yard line or so. Ended up swinging the momentum my way with interception run back for a TD after a failed drive to start the 3rd quarter. Went for the onside kick right after to keep the momentum in my favor and piece together a drive.

McNei1y

Really? who does this?

Regularly? No one. I didn't say teams in the NFL or Sanjuro or whoever does it regularly... but it has happened before. Just like a fake field goal when it's 4th and 7 in the red zone.

You can find instances of almost everything happening in an NFL game at one point in time - so i guess everything goes! You are right though, we need more information. On the surface, it looks like a bitch move.

And I know you're being sarcastic, but my point is, given certain situations, some unsim play calls could possibly be warranted.

Sanjuro

He just scored and there was 4 minutes left in the 3rd down 21-14

Look I would welcome anyone who wants to do that. At the time I was just thinking ok fine more easy points if you want to do the pout thing. He basically just got so many breaks and I gave it away for a lot of reasons. I am just fucking annoyed right now

I don't understand the pout analogy. I don't really pout in the game, I'm always trying to put up points and compete against my opponents. Isn't that the definition of the game? You are the only one pouting now.

Sokantish

It's not like Sanjuro does an onside kick on every kickoff, he was down in points and it was half way through the quarter. The quarters go by fast in this game anyway, if someone runs that is. I've had drives take up an entire quarter against me before.

Sanjuro

It's not like Sanjuro does an onside kick on every kickoff, he was down in points and it was half way through the quarter. The quarters go by fast in this game anyway, if someone runs that is. I've had drives take up an entire quarter against me before.

I've wasted the entire first quarter and good chunk of the second on my opening drive in a game. Not to mention in this game, my defense should have had several more picks or stops in the game. I needed to take control of the game and put the pressure back on him, seemed like the right thing to do.

eznark

Banned
I've wasted the entire first quarter and good chunk of the second on my opening drive in a game. Not to mention in this game, my defense should have had several more picks or stops in the game. I needed to take control of the game and put the pressure back on him, seemed like the right thing to do.

It was.

FMT will make you sit 4 players because he like Ph33nix more than you.

Sanjuro

I came close to beating FMT on one occasion, I think he has a good idea of how I play. I only seem to upset people from Florida.

Again furthering my point of,

/floridasportsculture

They just don't know anything.

I came close to beating FMT on one occasion, I think he has a good idea of how I play. I only seem to upset people from Florida.

Again furthering my point of,

/floridasportsculture

They just don't know anything.

So if I spend all my cap on Offense and just not give a fuck about improving my D year in and year out while I acquire guys similar to Fitz, then I can onside kick it and go for it on 4th all I want because not letting my terrible D on the field is sim?

Damn, I've been going about building my team all wrong.

I'm kind of forever salty on Sanjuro. First game I played in this league where I complained at all was him going for it on 4th and short in his territory with the lead and it results in him winning the game, and then he finishes as 1st in the division over me because of that game.

Sanjuro

So if I spend all my cap on Offense and just not give a fuck about improving my D year in and year out while I acquire guys similar to Fitz I can onside kick it and go for it on 4th all I want because not letting my terrible D on the field is sim?

Damn, I've been going about building my team all wrong.

I don't do much team building because CCM drives me insane. Even so, I use the tools that I have. My defense was one of the worst right from the get-go. I was referring to in game logic.

Really miss the League Manger from years past.

LukeSmith

Sanjo, if he was consistently good or a huge fucking asshole, would be a Ramirez-level heel in the league.

I think he probably is a better player than he lets on and a lot of the time is just drunk (we're here for you, buddy) and doesn't give a fuck (9, 10, 11 INT performances) and then in this game against Pheenix he ran a more straight up attack, 33 carries for Gore and just 2 INTs for Brady and stole a win.

I had a missed opportunity due to a lag spike at the end of the first half. Time ran off, was on the three yard line or so. Ended up swinging the momentum my way with interception run back for a TD after a failed drive to start the 3rd quarter. Went for the onside kick right after to keep the momentum in my favor and piece together a drive.

You didn't miss the opportunity due to a lag spike. You missed an opportunity because you had plenty of times to elect for a field goal yet you went for it on 4th down like 2-3 times in the first half. But hey, it worked for you most of the time!

I don't understand the pout analogy. I don't really pout in the game, I'm always trying to put up points and compete against my opponents. Isn't that the definition of the game? You are the only one pouting now.

Just like a random player online

My run defense sucked dick but that's my fault I sent out too many nickel and dimes

I already said this is a game I gifted away. But next time I'll be ready for anything, since Sanjuro plays sim ball with the aggressive slider tuned to 100%. Let's move on!

Sanjuro

Sanjo, if he was consistently good or a huge fucking asshole, would be a Ramirez-level heel in the league.

I think he probably is a better player than he lets on and a lot of the time is just drunk (we're here for you, buddy) and doesn't give a fuck (9, 10, 11 INT performances) and then in this game against Pheenix he ran a more straight up attack, 33 carries for Gore and just 2 INTs for Brady and stole a win.

My run plays usually suck. So when I'm down, I'm kind of in Favre-mode. My goal is to anything to get myself away from there. This game, I kept it close enough where I could keep feeding Gore the ball and not have to worry about Ph33nix actually competing against me.

Nightz the other day, I have no clue what kind of PEDs he was taking. Nobody on my team wanted to catch the ball, I didn't even get past the 50-yard line I believe. Complete shellacking.

Sanjuro

lawl, trying to pretend like you don't know what it's like playing random players online

I actually don't. I've never played a game of Madden against a random opponent since I've been consistently in the league. Last random I've played was probably in the 2k series.

Top Bottom