• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

bluemax

Banned
i'm getting further into FE and i'm loving it even more now that i'm getting the hang of the system but i have a couple questions:

1. how do you change your "job" or character type?
2. howcome there is no armor in the game?
3. i got a few levels up and now chrom says "max" on exp. i can't gain anymore levels with him!? or do i have to get further in the story mode? i've just been fighting various street team missions to build my guys up. got some sweet loot and you get some nice weapons from the street team menu for beating up on these guys. plus i recruited so many characters now from the street team people. i love the street team feature!

For #1 the answer is that there are items that you use to promote units. I'm not far enough in this version to tell you how to get them though.

#2 Fire Emblem has never had armor. It's just a design decision that is probably due to some limitation of the NES.

#3 what level is he? You probably capped him either based on story progress or max cap.

when do you wanna play fifa

i played it some last night. what the fuck why do they have to make the menus so complicated? why isn't there a "play now" menu where i can just play an old school game of soccer? the only thing i could find was "be a pro" but it only lets me control 1 guy!

game looks good though. maybe a little later tonight. i wish EA had a competent basketball game cause we could have a CCM NBA live league and i think that would be interesting!

EA should just fucking release NBA live '95 with CCM and i'd buy it!

Wild Card Round:

(5) Texans @ (4) Bengals
(6) Broncos @ (3) Raiders

(5) Eagles @ (4) Saints
(6) Seahawks @ (3) Bears

NFC OPOTW: Julio Jones (Falcons) - 5 rec, 123 yards, 2 TD, 1 car, 16 yards, 1 TD
NFC DPOTW: J. Robinson (Vikings) - 3 tackles, 5 int, 2 TD

AFC OPOTW: CJ Spiller (Bills) - 14 ca, 78 yards, 2 TD, 3 rec, 98 yards, 1 TD
NFC DPOTW: J. Grey (Jags) - 1 int, 1 TD

i played it some last night. what the fuck why do they have to make the menus so complicated? why isn't there a "play now" menu where i can just play an old school game of soccer? the only thing i could find was "be a pro" but it only lets me control 1 guy!

game looks good though. maybe a little later tonight. i wish EA had a competent basketball game cause we could have a CCM NBA live league and i think that would be interesting!

EA should just fucking release NBA live '95 with CCM and i'd buy it!

lol there's no play now? I'm pretty sure there is. I'll check it out later

I only play modes with 1 guy anyways. I blow at doing the whole team thing

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
done in by ea fuckery again!
Whatever. When do you wanna end me with the birdman curse, birdman

Birdman02

i looked up the real life tie breakers and it appears because there were 3 of us tied with the same record the tie breaker would then be common opponents before conference record. i'm the #1 seed :D
that should not come into play because the east should be decided first....then the 1 seed tiebreakers should be between you and the winner.

Giants
Overall (13-3)
vs PHI (1-1)
vs Division (5-1)
vs Common Foe (11-1) Loss to Panthers

Eagles
Overall (13-3)
vs NYG (1-1)
vs Division (5-1)
vs Common Foe (10-2) Losses to Saints and Bengals

Madden didn't mess anything up.

Never used GAF mobile? Peasant.

I knew I recognized it but it felt new.

that should not come into play because the east should be decided first....then the 1 seed tiebreakers should be between you and the winner.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

1. they were tied
2. tied
3. i dont know who their common games were. cb says he lost to birdles, splat and bigat. bigat lost to bob, cb and i dont know who. not sure if he played birdles or not but maybe thats what it came down to?

bluemax

Banned
Are there any advantages to changing classes?

And wtf level 20 is tops? I'm only 6 hours in!

Well if you switch classes to another class it changes what weapons you can use and your stat growth rates. If you switch to a promoted class its generally just a better version of their current class, like a Knight becomes a Great Knight. They'll grow the same stats but generally at better rates.

Ie, if you start as a knight, and then switch to archer your knight will start seeing his speed and maybe luck go up when he levels up instead of his strength and defense. He also will only be able to use bows instead of lances.

You could then cap him as an archer, switch him to another class or even back to a knight. Level up that class and then promote or switch to another class.

Its kind of complex sounding but its not that bad.

Edit: Try reading this, http://serenesforest.net/fe13/classchange.html

AFC Post Season Overview

Buffalo Bills (12-4)
  • Hottest team in the AFC with a win streak of 3 straight
  • Have lost 1 home game all season
  • Tied for most Rushing TDs in the AFC with 23
  • Tied for highest 3rd Down Conversion % in the AFC with a rate of 54%
  • Highest 4th Down Conversion % in the AFC with a rate of 80%
  • May intentionally receive Onside Kicks with a normal Kick Return Formation
  • Has sacked opposing QB 44 times.
  • Currently averaging just over 2 defensive INTs a game.
    Names to look for
  • QB Kyle Baker: 99.3 QBR, 29 TD, 30 INT, 26 Sacks, 60% Comp %
  • HB C.J. Spiller: 1126 rush yds, 5.1 ypc, 17 rush TDs, 3 Fumbles, 38 rec, 679 receiving yards, 5 rec TDs
  • WR Stevie Johnson: 1162 Rec Yards, 56 Rec, 13 TDs,
  • LG Andy Levitre: 11 Pancakes
  • LE Mario Williams: 31 TAK, 21 TFL, 15 Sacks, 2 FF
  • OLB Tyren Hill: 59 TAK, 14 TFL, 6 Sacks, 2 INTs, 2 FF
  • SS Rajion Taylor 54 TAK, 1 TFL, 8 INT, 2 FF, 1 FR
Indianapolis Colts (12-3)
  • Most Passing Yards of AFC Representatives with 3510
  • Tied with most Passing TDs of any AFC Representative with 33
  • Has sacked opposing QB 36 times
  • Have 39 defensive INTs
  • Tied for highest 3rd Down Conversion % in the AFC with a rate of 54%
  • Is 10 for 15 on 4th Down Attempts
  • Tied for most Red Zone Trips of AFC Reps with 53 and leads them with a success rate of 90%
  • Opponents have only seen the redzone 25 times, an AFC best
    Names to look for
  • QB Andrew Luck: 113.9 QBR, 33 TD, 20 INT, 30 Sacks, 73% Comp %, 350 Rushing Yards, 6.9 ypc, 4 Rush TD, 1 Fumble
  • HB Adrian Peterson: 918 Rush Yards, 4,7 ypc, 10 TD, 5 Fumbles, 60 Rec, 641 Rec Yards, 680 YaC, 4 Rec TD
  • TE Coby Fleeny: 78 Rec, 1195 Yards, 18 TDs
  • OLB Robert Mathis: 31 TAK, 15 TFL, 11 Sacks, 3 INTs, 2 FF, 1 FR
  • MLB Pat Angerer: 41 TAK, 6 TFL, 1 Sack, 6 INTs, 2 FF, 1 FR
  • FS Antoine Bethea: 45 TAK, 2 TFL, 7 INTs, 1 TD
Oakland Raiders (12-4)
  • Fewest points allowed of any1 AFC Rep
  • Has sacked opposing QB 46 times
  • Is an AFC low 1 for 6 on 4th down attempts
  • Has a TO Differential of +19, an AFC High
  • Tied for most Defensive INTs in the AFC with 44
  • Has 12 Fumble Recoveries
  • Has 3 players with over 40 receptions and 8 TDs, each
    Names to look for
  • QB Jay Cutler: 103.8 QBR, 3470 yards, 32 TDs, 23 INTs, 34 Sacks, 62% Comp %, 193 Rushing Yards, 4.6 ypc, 2 Fumbles
  • HB Darren McFadden: 1077 Rush Yards, 4.5 ypc, 11 TDs, 11 Fumbles, 2 Rec TDs
  • WR Vincent Jackson: 47 Rec, 1155 Rec Yards, 9 TD
  • LE Lamarr Houston: 39 Tak, 27 TFL, 18 Sacks, 2 FF, 2 FR
  • RE Matt Shaughnessy: 39 Tak, 21 TFL, 15 Sacks, 1 FF
  • CB Antoine Cason: 24 Tak, 2 TFL, 13 INTs, 1 TD
  • CB Chimdi Chekwa: 24 TAK, 2 TFL, 1 Sack, 8 INT, 3 FF, 1 FR
Cincinnati Bengals (10-6)
  • Leads the AFC with 1971 rushing yards
  • Has 23 Rushing TDs
  • Has allowed the fewest passing yards of any AFC Rep
  • Has allowed the 2nd fewest rushing yards in the AFC
  • Has sacked the opposing QB 52 times, more than any other AFC Rep
  • Is the luckiest team in the AFC with 13 Fumble Recoveries
  • Tied for the most defensive INTs in the AFC with 44
    Names to look for
  • QB Andy Dalton: 70.5 QBR, 1298 yards, 13 TD, 17 INT, 58% Comp %
  • QB Evan Garaday: 1228 yards, 12 TD, 20 INT, 50% Comp %
  • HB LaRod Stephens-Howling: 1634 Yards, 6.5 ypc, 17 TD, 15 Fumbles
  • TE Jermaine Gresham: 54 Rec, 690 Rec yards, 7 TD
  • LE Carlos Dunlap: 40 Tak, 21 TFL, 16 Sacks, 1 INT, 1 FF, 1 FR
  • DT Geno Atkins: 30 Tak, 20 TFL, 13 Sacks, 2 FF, 1 FR
  • FS LaRon Landry: 53 Tak, 4 TFL, 5 INT, 5 FF, 1 td
  • CB Desmond Jones: 25 Tak, 1 TFL, 7 INT, 2 FF, 2 FR, 3 TD
Houston Texans (11-4)
  • Have allowed a league best 776 Rushing Yards
  • Has sacked the opposing QB 28 times
  • Has 27 Defensive INTs
  • Only converts 36% of 3rd Downs, the worst of any AFC representative
    Names to look for
  • QB Matt Schaub: 81.4 QBR, 2375 Yards, 19 TD, 26 INT, 25 Sacks, 55% Comp %
  • HB Arian Foster: 1381 Rush yards, 5.4 ypc, 13 TDs, 2 Fumbles, 1 Rec TD
  • WR Andre Johnson: 31 Rec, 884 yards, 7 TDs
  • TE Owen Daniels: 36 Rec, 562 yards, 5 TDs
  • OLB Brooks Reed: 35 Tak, 17 TFL, 12 Sacks, 2 FF, 1 FR
  • SS Danieal Manning: 59 TAK, 2TFL, 5 INT, 2 TD
  • CB Johnathan Joseph: 37 Tackles, 6 TFL, 6 INT, 1 FR, 2 TD
Miami Dolphins (10-5)
  • Has allowed only 1070 rushing yards all season
  • Has sacked the opposing QB 32 times
  • Has 34 Defensive INTs
  • Has best Defensive Redzone % in the AFC, allowing opposing teams to only score 72% of the time
    Names to look for
  • QB Ryan Tannehill: 31 TD, 31 INT, 40 Sacks, 59% Comp %, 232 Rushing Yards, 5.8 ypc, 2 TD, 5 Fumbles
  • HB Reggie Bush: 849 Rushing yards, 4.9 ypc, 10 TD, 3 Fumbles, 49 Rec, 569 Rec yards, 5 TD
  • WR Bronson Rivers: 63 Rec, 952 Rec yards, 12 TDs
  • LE Marvin Walker: 33 Tak, 17 TFL, 13 Sacks
  • CB Richard Marshall: 24 Tak, 8 INT, 2 TD
  • MLB Karlos Dansby: 30 Tak, 6 TFL, 4 INT, 5 FF
Denver Broncos (10-6)
  • Has allowed only 2296 Passing Yards, the fewest of any team in the AFC
  • Has allowed only 269 points all season, the fewest of any team in the AFC
  • Has sacked the QB 54 times, more than anyone in the AFC
  • Has intercepted the opposing QB 39 times
  • Has allowed just 11 TDs on the 26 times the opposing team is in the red zone. Fewest TDs allowed of any team in the AFC while in the Red Zone
    Names to look for
  • QB Peyton Manning: 86.3 QBR, 2231 yards, 21 TD, 20 INT, 29 Sacks, 59% Comp %, 1 Rush TD
  • QB Tim Tebow: 491 Passing Yards, 5 TD, 2 INT, 5 Sacks,78% Comp % on 42 Attempts, 80 rushing yards, 5.3 ypc, 2 TD, 1 Fumble
  • HB George Bowers: 960 Rush Yard, 3.7 ypc, 8 TD, 6 Fumbles, 15 Rec, 146 yards, 1 Rec TD
  • WR Trey Glass: 39 Rec, 863 Yards, 9 TD
  • K Matt Prater: 26/28 FG, 61 Long, 100% XP%
  • OLB Von Miller: 76 Tak, 35 TFL, 27 Sacks, 1 INT, 4 FF
  • RE Elvis Dumbervil: 32 Tak, 21 TFL, 17 Sacks, 1 FF
  • CB Champ Bailey: 26 Tak, 1 TFL, 11 INT, 2 FR, 2 TD
  • OLB D.J. Williams: 66 Tak, 15 TFL, 1 Sack, 2 INT, 5 FF, 1 FR, 1 TD
Added thecrow

eznark

Banned
Well if you switch classes to another class it changes what weapons you can use and your stat growth rates. If you switch to a promoted class its generally just a better version of their current class, like a Knight becomes a Great Knight. They'll grow the same stats but generally at better rates.

Ie, if you start as a knight, and then switch to archer your knight will start seeing his speed and maybe luck go up when he levels up instead of his strength and defense. He also will only be able to use bows instead of lances.

You could then cap him as an archer, switch him to another class or even back to a knight. Level up that class and then promote or switch to another class.

Thanks for the link friend!

i switched Chrom to a Lord so i hope that works out because i only had one of those potions or whatever to change your class. where do you get them from? i don't remember if i got it as a reward on the street team thing or during a battle.

this is my first fire emblem game (i rented radiant dawn for gamecube or wii and played it for an hour and then sent it back to gamefly) and i have to say that i now consider it to be superior to my all time favorite srpg tactics ogre. i love both but there are a bunch of cool little touches in FE that make me like it more. you can check out the barracks from time to time and get bonuses, the street team stuff, the pairing stuff. goty so far!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
If you were at the all-star game would you bring that waitress to talk to NBA players for you
F2y1X_zpsfee48f20.gif

bluemax

Banned
i switched Chrom to a Lord so i hope that works out because i only had one of those potions or whatever to change your class. where do you get them from? i don't remember if i got it as a reward on the street team thing or during a battle.

this is my first fire emblem game (i rented radiant dawn for gamecube or wii and played it for an hour and then sent it back to gamefly) and i have to say that i now consider it to be superior to my all time favorite srpg tactics ogre. i love both but there are a bunch of cool little touches in FE that make me like it more. you can check out the barracks from time to time and get bonuses, the street team stuff, the pairing stuff. goty so far!

You win them from some battles, and you can buy them from some street teams.

wtf i looked it up and chom was already a lord! so what did i change him to? because i picked lord again and he changed!

Great Lord I would assume?

Top Bottom