• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

LiveWire

My DE wrecking CB in the BCS play-in game has caused him to try and once again start a revolution lolz

Although what wellie did last year was absolutely crazy that was because he moved guys to different positions on the line right? Or some other voodoo magic

Yep.

Oh and the league's longest player at manual DE amassed a lot of sacks last season. News at 11!

Colasante

I personally vote in favor of no restrictions on how people play. If someone finds an exploit, trust them to not abuse it, though perhaps that's unreasonable to ask for.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
We did all play in the same league last year, right? The one where 2 guys almost had 40 sacks?

That's about the average time a quarterback in the NFL has to get a pass off anyways.

I think I probably was too generous. Like I said, this is how it feels

*max protect*
*snap ball*
*drop back*
*oh shit, he's already there! what the fuck are my TE and HB doing just standing there!

I get that you should probably have about 3 full seconds to get a pass off, I'm cool with that. But it's really annoying when every time I snap the ball, when I see that as my QB is doing his 3/5 step drop, and I see a DT shoving my O-Line out of the way as he's doing his drop. It's really pathetic how one swim move/shove will do it and the O-Lineman just quits.

Keep in mind this often comes from a regular 4 man rush. So it's not like a blitz is coming where my offensive lineman are confused as to who to block

Ramirez

I play safety mostly, but I don't require everyone to play exactly like me. I know both you and Ram have had a bias against DL since you joined the league. This just feels like an excuse to get players to play the way you want.

You play Safety mostly? When did this happen? You always played DT against me and would get stupid amounts of pressure all game just like the rest of them.

D-line play is for people that can't play real defense.

My man.

It's not like OP DL play is new to last year. AstroLad would do the same thing with Dockett that Splat did with that rookie. Once or twice a game? Ok. But it's every single play!

CB3

You play Safety mostly? When did this happen? You always played DT against me and would get stupid amounts of pressure all game just like the rest of them.

And the truth is revealed!

t9yzas.gif

eznark

Banned
Rors played d-back against me the times we have played. Personally, I'd like that banned. I can deal with pressure, I can't deal with great defensive back play when PI doesn't exist.

CB3

Rors played d-back against me the times we have played. Personally, I'd like that banned. I can deal with pressure, I can't deal with great defensive back play when PI doesn't exist.

Your advice is only valid with animal murder and jerking off Gary Whitta

Mrbob

All you need to do is get a 99 speed WR to stop CB from his safety cheese. I could continuously beat him deep over the top with Hester when he wanted to creep up and cover more ground with his safety.

Edit: What's wrong with The Walking Dead? First two episodes have been great!

eznark

Banned
All you need to do is get a 99 speed WR to stop CB from his safety cheese. I could continuously beat him deep over the top with Hester when he wanted to creep up and cover more ground with his safety.

Edit: What's wrong with The Walking Dead? First two episodes have been great!

Not enough men in speedo's rubbing against each other I guess.

CB3

You enjoy wrestling. You realize that puts you significantly more in the "trailer park trash" demographic than a hunter right?

untitled-444lv0.gif

madden-12-dolphins-wheel1.jpg

Splat

It's weird, if I wasn't godawful at Safety play I'd totally do it. Nothing fucks me more than a good manual safety player, and if I could, I'd switch to playing it in a heartbeat. I guess I got too good at timing my power/finesse moves :(

There is cheesiness to lb/safety play too. The amount of ground you can cover is a joke. As eznark said, self serving at its finest

There's a very big difference between defending passes and not being able to get one off after you do a drop

Whatever, it's a pretty moot point till the game comes anyways. And you all know damn well this league will find a way to find controversy somewhere no matter what

bluemax

Banned
I'll adjust, but I don't think it's fair to ban dline play because of a couple high sack numbers. If were going that route we need to ban the number of times TEs and HBs can be passed too because having TE and HBs at the top of receiving yards every season isn't in fairness of a sim league either. I know this wasn't always the case, but it happened a lot.

Actually if you look at the league leaders in receiving last year for the real NFL TEs are featured pretty heavy in a lot of teams passing attacks.

McNei1y

I'll be around all night gents for some RDR. 11pm est is probably my preferred time, though, since Nats play and Raw is on... and some olympics too.

DMczaf

Once he stops doing those immature "Top 10 Most Overrated Games!" hitwhoring lists, maybe.

Until then, he's just another vidya game hack.

eznark

Banned
Well yeah, I said he is the best games writer. That's like saying he's the best Halo writer. Of course it's still pretty shitty but he's the best of it!

bluemax

Banned
They don't lead the league in receiving

Maybe not, but I mean there's a lot of other bull shit that goes on in our leagues that isn't entirely reflective of how things work in real life.

Tom Brady shattered the INT record, should we ban passing? Or playing manual defensive back against Sanjuro?

Torry Sanders shattered the single season receiving mark. Should we ban throwing to a dominant receiver?

The Stealers probably shattered the team forced fumbles record, should we ban using the Stealers?

Madden isn't exactly a perfect simulation engine and when you add in the disparity in skill levels between players in this league we're gonna end up with some wonky outliers from time to time.

I mean sure if everyone was on equal tier I'd understand some of this stuff more. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like bans of non obvious exploits just benefit the top tier and widen the gap. Shrug.

Also good article on the change in pass distribution from WR3 to TE since 1970: http://www.footballperspective.com/examining-passing-distribution-in-the-nfl-since-1970/

CB3

I mean sure if everyone was on equal tier I'd understand some of this stuff more. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like bans of non obvious exploits just benefit the top tier and widen the gap. Shrug.

But doesn't that just insinuate that non top tiers are using something that can be deemed at the very least questionable to make up for their actual skill and lessen the gap?

DCX

DCX
Being a mid to low tier player, i welcome this change. I understand where Blue is coming from because most of the top tier players already manual a LB or Safety. The reason i welcome it is because i like the ability to play the digital chess with the Qb/play call and manual defender/play call. I have burned CB and DM at times, i have baited Ram and Wellie at times and its satisfying to do so. The trick is to keep them guessing and off balance. ( which im terrible at. I get them once, but hardly ever again and i get baited lol )

Same goes for defense. I have worked hard at playing manual D (lb/S) and there has been times i have read the play perfectly and been late on hitting Y, maybe held strafe to long..maybe didn't strafe at all and jumped late..same with sniffing out a run..i may over run the lane. The point is when you guess right, and it works..no better feeling than knowing you one upped your opponent rather then the CPU.

Same goes for NBA 2K and manual D, being able to cut off the dribble drive and forcing a shot clock violation due to tough manual D is just great.

DCX

Somnia

So does anyone have access to league manager and is able to look up the season high INT's for CB's and Safetys? I'm curious how out of whack some of those numbers are from RL also.

DCX

DCX
So does anyone have access to league manager and is able to look up the season high INT's for CB's and Safetys? I'm curious how out of whack some of those numbers are from RL also.

to be fair, Sanjuru made up alot of those int records especially the game against the Eagles. I think one of his secondary players had like 5 of the 10 or 11 he threw. In my game where i picked off 10-11 it was spread out between the Lbs and secondary.

DCX

Top Bottom