• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Birdman02

GG BigAT. My defense went completely stupid in that game. I guess they were rusty after the last 2 weeks off. So many blown coverages and guys just not being where they were supposed to be.

Rorschach

Running backs fumbling, I got a bad feeling...

Hold me. :( Us against those defenses... we're

VvSDF.jpg

DOOOOOOOOOOMED.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Bob must have sent the 12th man on a blitz.

I'm assuming you are gonna be bob and not wanna play until tomorrow, bob.

Ramirez

Ram is wearing a Halo Reach Beta Tester shirt, a Halo helmet, and a reach avatar. This guy really really hates Reach.

Not that I change my avatar often, but what does a Mark VI helmet & Cortana have to do with Reach? heh

GG Smokes, pretty frustrating, but oh well.

Ramirez

GG RAMIREZ

I'm going to leave it at that for now and let it marinate i know it hurts

lol

I'm taking it a lot better than I would in the past. You know Schaub got away with a few today, next time brother!

Rors, you made a sarcastic comment about Reach because my avatar has a beta shirt on & two other things unrelated to Reach, failed joke.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I've been boosting carry as much as I can. Probably need to purchase that ball wrap trait. Will still fumble.

LeSean has 99 carry rating and brace for all hits. And he has a shit ton of fumbles. Waste of XP!

Rorschach

I've been boosting carry as much as I can. Probably need to purchase that ball wrap trait. Will still fumble.

Don't do it. Fumbles before the trait: 1. Fumbles after: 4 in 3 games.

I've put every point that my backs had into carry. Goodson started out with low 60s heh.

lol

I'm taking it a lot better than I would in the past. You know Schaub got away with a few today, next time brother!

Rors, you made a sarcastic comment about Reach because my avatar has a beta shirt on & two other things unrelated to Reach, failed joke.

Is cortana your avatar? Maybe it's your self avatar because I see something else!

[edit] Oh it's that ODST viral marketing thing. I couldn't tell.

McNei1y

I had carry rating at like 75 with Morris and Helu. I had a combined 5 fumbles in the first three games. I got both to 80 and they didn't fumble much for the rest of the year. System doesn't make sense.

Note: I don't know how many fumbles I had in the first three games.

LJ11

I fucking knew it, blew a bunch on Spiller too. Had to though, his carry was low 80s and honestly, his elusive/juke/spin are pretty damn high. Stiff arm I guess or route running/catching? Trucking will take a damn while with him, lol.

What's the deal with Bigger Hitter trait? If my defender has POW in the mid 90s, and I can purchase the trait, is it worth it? What about a low hit POW defender, does it give him big hit status even though his POW is low?

These are probably questions I should have asked during the season or at the beginning, lol.

Smokey

lol

So did you my friend and you had HFA. You also killed my TE for the entire playoffs so there's that.

Also my controller battery died during our game and I had to run through containers trying to find my wired xbox controller. That's the only wireless controller i have in the house too smh

BigAT

GG BigAT. My defense went completely stupid in that game. I guess they were rusty after the last 2 weeks off. So many blown coverages and guys just not being where they were supposed to be.

GG Bird. Seems like I have your number for whatever reason.

Onto the shitty winds of San Francisco.

Rorschach

I fucking knew it, blew a bunch on Spiller too. Had to though, his carry was low 80s and honestly, his elusive/juke/spin are pretty damn high. Stiff arm I guess or route running/catching? Trucking will take a damn while with him, lol.

What's the deal with Bigger Hitter trait? If my defender has POW in the mid 90s, and I can purchase the trait, is it worth it? What about a low hit POW defender, dude give him big hit status even though his POW is low?

These are probably questions I should have asked during the season or at the beginning, lol.

I wouldn't waste big hitter trait on a small timer. I wouldn't waste trucking on Spiller. If he already has elusiveness, he doesn't need it. Maybe stiff arm would be a better way to go... even though that's probably low as hell. I'm not saying don't get his carry up because I'm still doing that, but that cover ball trait doesn't seem to work.

Ramirez

So did you my friend and you had HFA. You also killed my TE for the entire playoffs so there's that.

Also my controller battery died during our game and I had to run through containers trying to find my wired xbox controller. That's the only wireless controller i have in the house too smh

I threw like 4 Pick Sixes in 3 quarters! The Texans DBs are so insanely good, they stick like glue to a WR & if you do manage to get free they run them down 99% of the time!

BigAT

i resent that!

i would have rather played the rams. giants are the hottest team in the league and but for the grace of pwill/FF did i win that first game :(

It's more about how whenever I play you there it seems like there are 15 MPH winds, but also interpret it in any way it offended you!

LJ11

I wouldn't waste big hitter trait on a small timer. I wouldn't waste trucking on Spiller. If he already has elusiveness, he doesn't need it. Maybe stiff arm would be a better way to go... even though that's probably low as hell. I'm not saying don't get his carry up because I'm still doing that, but that cover ball trait doesn't seem to work.
It's actually hard to figure out what to increase on certain backs.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG Bob. I will give you full credit for the beat down, after I got behind I had to pass to try and get out of it but it didn't work to my favor. I wish I could post videos in this stupid game but EA doesn't allow it. I'm totally miffed by some of your defensive plays. You literally usered Urlacher between two receivers, running towards one of the guys so I'd throw it the other way and you were still able to spin around and get to the ball.... TWICE! Those got me down 17-7 and it was over after that.

What a wacky game as far as fumbles went though.

Also, I hate Sam Bradford. He is on the block. Amendola deep behind the CB and Safety, lofts it up there and the safety catches up. Guys open, does a soft toss into the window to allow for receivers to catch up. I don't know what happened. I threw what 2 picks over my last 4 games and then I just went ahead and threw **SIX** in this one.

LJ11

Elusiveness is the way to go if you got speed. It's incredibly annoying. McFadden has shitty elusiveness. Good truck, but it's useless. I mostly use his stiff arm and manual left stick movement.

Hiya! Let's see how they set it up after the advance.

I thought a good speed + truck back would be good to be honest. Spiller's elusiveness has to be mid 90s at least. He's a beast in the new rosters, maybe I should just ape the stats they have for him now.

Rorschach

I thought a good speed + truck back would be good to be honest. Spiller's elusiveness has to be mid 90s at least. He's a beast in the new rosters, maybe I should just ape the stats they have for him now.

His momentum won't carry him over the dead body. He'll just fall on top of him. Stiff arm lets you get some yardage out of it if you're stuck down the sidelines.

Mrbob

GG Bob. I will give you full credit for the beat down, after I got behind I had to pass to try and get out of it but it didn't work to my favor. I wish I could post videos in this stupid game but EA doesn't allow it. I'm totally miffed by some of your defensive plays. You literally usered Urlacher between two receivers, running towards one of the guys so I'd throw it the other way and you were still able to spin around and get to the ball.... TWICE! Those got me down 17-7 and it was over after that.

What a wacky game as far as fumbles went though.

Yeah what a strange start. I thought I was going to have another post season melt down game when my stupid WR fumbled the ball away on my first two possessions. Game turned on the next 3 drives. I got two straight user INTs with Lach (channeling his inner Pwill!) and then I forced a fumble with a hit stick on the next possession. Everything just snowballed from there.

Divisional Round

Games:

Texans @ Raiders
Broncos @ Bills

Giants @ 49ers
Bears @ Eagles

NFC Offensive player of the week - Victor Cruz (Giants) - 3 rec, 132 yards, 1 TD
NFC Defensive player of the week - Brian Urlacher (Bears) - 2 tackles, 3 int, 1 FF, 1 TD

AFC Offensive player of the week - Mike Wallace (Steelers) - 4 rec, 94 yards, 2 TD
AFC Defensive player of the week - Quentin Demps (Texans) - 1 tackle, 1 int, 1 TD

LiveWire

hell i beat cola 63-3 and scored a couple rushing TD's with gore in the final 2 minutes! now i can say "well he threw a pick and i ran the ball in on the goal line!" but couldn't i have just run it up the gut into the linemen and ran more clock? yeah, i could have. doesn't that constitute padding gores stats?

Yes. Yes. It's not hard, if you are in THAT much command of a game (24+), to just ease off the gas pedal, drive down and stall out in FG range. Taking 3 is appropriate; if by some crazy reason the other player starts to gets back into it, you can dial it up again. 63-3 happens once every couple of YEARS in the NFL. It happens a couple times a season now in our league. Cue the "lol learn2pass nub" comments. We get it. You're good, you can score at will because you've figured out the game and we haven't. The thing is, you "elites" don't get blown out on a regular basis. If you did, you'd be a LOT more pissed if someone kept scoring on you--not because you're losing, but because it's destroying the spirit of a sim league. The reason this league was interesting at all in the first place was competitive FUN, and the guarantee that you wouldn't be playing the randoms online who go for it on every 4th down. Now it seems like we're just about equivalent to playing randoms.

Not to mention that when you're getting blown out and someone keeps passing, it lengthens the game and by that point whoever is losing is just ready to get it over with. Normally, if its the 4th quarter and I'm down by more than 2 TDs, I'll run the ball more just to get it over with.

Yes. Yes. It's not hard, if you are in THAT much command of a game (24+), to just ease off the gas pedal, drive down and stall out in FG range. Taking 3 is appropriate; if by some crazy reason the other player starts to gets back into it, you can dial it up again. 63-3 happens once every couple of YEARS in the NFL. It happens a couple times a season now in our league. Cue the "lol learn2pass nub" comments. We get it. You're good, you can score at will because you've figured out the game and we haven't. The thing is, you "elites" don't get blown out on a regular basis. If you did, you'd be a LOT more pissed if someone kept scoring on you--not because you're losing, but because it's destroying the spirit of a sim league. The reason this league was interesting at all in the first place was competitive FUN, and the guarantee that you wouldn't be playing the randoms online who go for it on every 4th down. Now it seems like we're just about equivalent to playing randoms.

Audibiling 50 times per play is sim. God bless you livewire!

Top Bottom