• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

BigAT

Lesh might now be in that category of heroes that got buffs in every single patch but continued to be ignored until they secretly became ridiculously good (Lina, Jugg).

People complain about stale meta. Icefrog blows up DotA2.

At least it will be awhile before people claim things are stale again.

I think the idea that the patch makes Dota a lot like LoL now. I'm finally getting around to diving into the patch notes now. Shit was just too overwhelming last night.

I don't remember much of LoL but it does seem like the emphasis has been put back on Pace of Play. Buff every hero, make vision way more cost effective, nerf towers.

AT, soon they'll probably add furry costumes!

Anyone of the usual suspects put up a good patch notes video yet?

It seems to me like the CDR and Spell Vamp items prompted the LoL comparisons. There's still a pretty decent difference in both games.

Ferny

People complain about stale meta. Icefrog blows up DotA2.

At least it will be awhile before people claim things are stale again.

Yeah exactly. I like that things are being blown up some. It'll take some getting used to and new strats will be made with this. Dota has felt the same for so long now.

you mean that one that is sitting unused in someones inventory? If you dont kill him in the sheep window he just comes back, spams quills, and heals right back up.

If there is one thing we are really good at, its focusing one target and blowing them up quickly and efficiently

So now your argument is that he's unbalanced because we're bad at Dota? If only icefrog would balance Dota around my terribleness. But then I guess we'd just have another hots.

So now your argument is that he's unbalanced because we're bad at Dota? If only icefrog would balance Dota around my terribleness. But then I guess we'd just have another hots.

Yes... and there is a precedent for this. Back around when we first started playing dotes spirit breaker was nerfed because he was too strong in the pub meta despite not being in the pro meta (only EE and Kaipi/Speed were really trying to run him). 99.99% of dota players only play pubs. Why would i care more about pro meta and balance around that? We play in pubs... pub balance and pub meta is all you or I should care about.

I don't think these items will be OP in the pro game for a number of reasons. The item is crazy expensive so no way bb is getting this quickly in the offlane of a pro game. He would have to get 1/2 position farm to get it at a decent time. In pubs, you can almost get free farm in the offlane as bb cause the supports are so bad at zoning out a solo bb

and we're all not bad at a dota... it's just some of us really fucking suck

eznark

Banned
CDscZCQUEAMQuqo.png:large

BigAT

Can't wait to be angry at how badly you guys play NP again.

Does this mean the return of Shake's cliff-jungling Prophet?

Silver Edge takes off passives.

Its cheaper than sheep too but sheep was still better.

Sheep had 800 range no matter who its on so it allows for much safer positioning, especially if the support had the sheep. The silver edge disable is tied to your attack range. Only 5 heroes have higher than 600 attack range and none are higher than 700 (techies). Some of the popular meta supports have really low attack range - like venge with 400

edit-

BOOM if you dont understand the mechanics

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You dont need to be a support. You pick a carry with a stun (especially a STR carry), invis in, right click-stun-kill. You wont even have to be around the front since it will disable his damage reduction passive.

For example, i think a Tiny could solo kill a bristle almost instantly at any point

You dont need to be a support. You pick a carry with a stun (especially a STR carry), invis in, right click-stun-kill. You wont even have to be around the front since it will disable his damage reduction passive.

For example, i think a Tiny could solo kill a bristle almost instantly at any point

Yeah you could do a lot of things. A carry with a hex is as rare as our supports with detection

Edit----

All I'm saying is we still have a tool to deal with bristle but its inferior to old sheep

Ferny

Uhh okay...it's the truth. Very rarely have I had a game LATELY with the crew where they didn't have proper detection. Maybe it was used at the wrong time or whatever, but that's a different complaint altogether.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I dont know that its better or worse. Just different. Bristle was almost impossible to kill if he was doing well until 40-50 minutes and you needed stuns/hex/damage. Now you can solo or 2 man gank him alot earlier. Silver Edge is alot more viable for carries to have and it builds off shadow blade which guys like Tiny/Kunkka/Shadow Fiend ect. will already be building extremely early on, therefor will get to far faster than Hex

To me, the fact we can even talk about these new skills and builds/items to counter them is super exciting. The mid/late/super late game got a complete different layer of depth added to it

I dont know that its better or worse. Just different. Bristle was almost impossible to kill if he was doing well until 40-50 minutes and you needed stuns/hex/damage. Now you can solo or 2 man gank him alot earlier. Silver Edge is alot more viable for carries to have and it builds off shadow blade which guys like Tiny/Kunkka/Shadow Fiend ect. will already be building extremely early on, therefor will get to far faster than Hex

To me, the fact we can even talk about these new skills and builds/items to counter them is super exciting. The mid/late/super late game got a complete different layer of depth added to it

That's actually a fair point. You are probably right that we see silver edge quite a bit more often than we see sheeps. It would make slark a really good BB hunter, actually.

I guess we will see how it all plays out!

eznark

Banned

yup, it's been a struggle to stay interested

If a bristleback is able to get a quick 6k gold item you're kind of fucked anyway right?

Yeah, its entirely possible I am overreacting, but that is what patch days are all about! I just think he will get it much faster than maybe icefrog expects. BBs just arent punished in pubs. Especially solo q pubs where the coordination is pretty terrible for the most part. In pro games its not a huge issue. In pubs its so easy to find farm as a BB because supports are terrible at dealing with him in the offlane.

eznark

Banned
Yeah but is he balancing for pubs? I genuinely don't know. I assumed he balanced to the pro scene and it filtered down to pubs.

Yeah but is he balancing for pubs? I genuinely don't know. I assumed he balanced to the pro scene and it filtered down to pubs.

Yeah I'm not entirely sure either... It's probably mostly around the pro game, but there has been instances in the past where a popular pub stomper got nerfed despite not being relevant in the pro scene.

Top Bottom