• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

eznark

Banned
People are idiots

no way I'm spending another money to upgrade those machines to W8.

OjyWv23.gif

Win10 is free what does Win8 have to do with anything.

See what I mean Eznark.

I thought you were talking about people refusing to upgrade from W7 -> W8

Who would refuse a free upgrade (after a reasonable amount of time and any major issues are hammered out with compatibility of needed programs)?

Trasher

Never knew Somnia was a Halo nerd. How has 343 not ruined that shit for you by now? Anything that was interesting about that story died in Halo 4. The Didact and the shitty Cortana/Chief stuff was all awful and seemingly written by 10 year olds. This is coming from someone who read all the books way back. Loved all the Spartan program stuff.

Never knew Somnia was a Halo nerd. How has 343 not ruined that shit for you by now? Anything that was interesting about that story died in Halo 4. The Didact and the shitty Cortana/Chief stuff was all awful and seemingly written by 10 year olds. This is coming from someone who read all the books way back. Loved all the Spartan program stuff.

I think we are best friends.

Who is even the most interesting character in the (non-book) Halo universe? Because it certainly isn't Master Chief.

Uhhhh... Cortana I guess, or Arbiter.

Somnia

I didn't mind the Didact and Cortana/Chief stuff. It wasn't great or anything, but it wasn't awful in my opinion. It feels like based off all the pre-release stuff we've seen so far they are going in the right direction story wise for 5, but we'll see. It's not like Bungie helped the story at all themselves in the end.

Halo 5 seems to be going another route and they are doing a great job with the pre hype. If you loved the Spartan program stuff you really should listen to the Soundcloud stuff I've linked a few times, they're up to episode 5. It might give you a little bit of faith back in what they are doing going forward.

Who is even the most interesting character in the (non-book) Halo universe? Because it certainly isn't Master Chief.

That one human guy! The black dude! Good ole gruff leader guy whose name I can't even remember! Surely he was more than a cliche gruff old military human leader guy!

Big halo spoiler

Cortana and master chief have a baby. That baby is the main antagonist in halo 5 as he is from the future Ala cable vs cyclops from xmen. He kills master chief but fails to realize thst he now also ceases to exist. Sad ending

I honestly wouldn't even remember master chief's name if it wasn't so generic. It sounds like a name FMT came up with for a Dota hero.

Wasn't that originally the point? Wasn't he supposed to be a blank slate protagonist so player's could self project themselves onto him? I mean the one quasi good combo of story/gameplay in Halo:CE was all the set pieces where the regular human dudes are there getting their shit packed in and then you show up and they all get excited because you're gonna save them. It always made me want to actually try and make sure all the nameless soldiers actually made it through that set piece alive.

Everything else was whatever.

Somnia

Wasn't that originally the point? Wasn't he supposed to be a blank slate protagonist so player's could self project themselves onto him? I mean the one quasi good combo of story/gameplay in Halo:CE was all the set pieces where the regular human dudes are there getting their shit packed in and then you show up and they all get excited because you're gonna save them. It always made me want to actually try and make sure all the nameless soldiers actually made it through that set piece alive.

Everything else was whatever.

Ya it was more of a Link in Zelda thing where you were the hero basically. Then starting with 2 that changed and they went more story oriented. It's also probably why 343 is adding in Locke so they can try to possibly move a bit away from Chief himself. So far Halo fans for the most part are mixed on Locke, he wasn't great in the Nightfall series. The commercial and stuff post Nightfall with him have been good though. Just depends how well 343 integrate him into the universe. Though r/Halo for the most part seem up on Locke and there's quite a few people on GAF who are excited for him.

Seriously though when did fleek replace point? It feels like something that happened in the last two weeks or so.

Also FMT be jealous, Dave Lombardo called me at work today to ask if I got the package he sent.

brentech

I wonder how bad-good The Rock's new show on HBO will be. Looks like a hot mess. A Rocks hot mess.

Gone in 60 Seconds is wonderful.

iYhfgAhpsIdEJ.gif

EDIT: Also Cheeto, I saw you dropping truth bombs in that thread about that lady programmer who was fired from ND.

You must have some juicy stuff

Not really. I posted almost everything I know, I actually feel bad about it cause I don't want my friend to get in trouble. I'm glad that thread got locked, people were trying to turn it into a #GG witch hunt.

Not really. I posted almost everything I know, I actually feel bad about it cause I don't want my friend to get in trouble. I'm glad that thread got locked, people were trying to turn it into a #GG witch hunt.

Oh yea, people were making some crazy claims and going all out for no reason.

I just didn't know you worked in the industry (unless it's just your friends who work in industry)

Mrbob

Yeah, right now the commercials make it look Entourage-tier awful.

I think this is because many people who were involved in Entourage are working on Ballers.

I'll watch it for The Rock alone. At the very least the show will have a lead with charisma.

Oh yea, people were making some crazy claims and going all out for no reason.

I just didn't know you worked in the industry (unless it's just your friends who work in industry)

I did, but I don't at the moment. But Twitch.tv sponsors a once a month drink up at a bar not far from me so I go because free beer and talking to old classmates/coworkers can be nice.

Top Bottom