• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Yeah, if you have players that start playing badly individually, their confidence lowers and it tanks their ratings. So basically you have to get them to have a great game or have the team win to get their confidence back, so their ratings go back to normal

If a player's confidence is high he gets boosts

That's why it's important to try to win every game because if you just start tanking and playing like total shit, your team's ratings will go down and your players will hate being there and it just snowballs

brentech

Wait what? This shit is real?

I've only seen it when doing the training thing. If you open up a confidence boost you can just roll through all the players and see what they're at. He was like 74 going into that.

I'm sure there is another way though.

50 confidence is normal overall. Anything. Higher boosts there ratings for the short term.
Confidence is what they brought in to replace hot and cold streaks. The weekly practice sessions can boost XP (long-term stat adjustment) or confidence (short term stat adjustment, also affected by game results).
So if you lost some games, you're probably going to want to boost your QBs confidence to at least get him back to 50.

Smokey

Yeah, if you have players that start playing badly individually, their confidence lowers and it tanks their ratings. So basically you have to get them to have a great game or have the team win to get their confidence back, so their ratings go back to normal

If a player's confidence is high he gets boosts

That's why it's important to try to win every game because if you just start tanking and playing like total shit, your team's ratings will go down and your players will hate being there and it just snowballs

I'm snowballing lul

I haven't done any of the training sessions either

brentech

Yeah I've literally done zero training sessions or practice shit.
This year, almost all if is just selecting who gets the points. Only a couple actually have you play drills. So if you don't choose those, it can literally take less than a minute.

I just put my shit on delegate for that, honestly. You don't get enough points weekly to really make that much of a difference, and I figure I might as well defer to Madden logic to help them uncheat the game for me

McNei1y

GG DM. I thought I was going to pull a mcneily there and blow the lead in the 4th. I got so lucky on that pick six. I was not confident of my secondary at all. So many gaps in my zone and my dudes are too slow!

brentech

looks fine to me

I'm used to watching Packers games in half the resolution with stutters, so that's like 4k in comparison

opened it in 4th quarter and it's definitely cleared up from what I saw i the first quarter. actually looks normal

Ugh... Fuck this game. Hate when I push the wrong goddamn button.

I have a dream that one day receivers will actually fight for the ball on deep throws.

GG JABEE.

JABEE

Ugh... Fuck this game. Hate when I push the wrong goddamn button.

I have a dream that one day receivers will actually fight for the ball on deep throws.

GG JABEE.
GG storybook.

I have been on the other end of that many a time. We all dream for that.

JABEE

looks fine to me

I'm used to watching Packers games in half the resolution with stutters, so that's like 4k in comparison
:jnc

I hope it looked okay. Did it get better? There was more lag in the beginning. I'm not sure about the Twitch stream quality!

brentech

:jnc

I hope it looked okay. Did it get better? There was more lag in the beginning. I'm not sure about the Twitch stream quality!

when i looked in the 4th quarter, it looked totally fine.
when i first opened it at the start, it looked like I was watching football through the matrix

Rorschach

So does dota do items differently now? I've gotten the same item 3 times in a row and it's one I already had anyway. T_T

[edit]I'll be gone tomorrow and it's smash day :(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
So does dota do items differently now? I've gotten the same item 3 times in a row and it's one I already had anyway. T_T

[edit]I'll be gone tomorrow and it's smash day :(

Its not different. They just removed like 90% of the items that were in the drop list.

Rorschach

I thought I would have to wait. It's Nintendo!

[edit]Ugh... system update. Won't let me dl because battery is too low. It's plugged in! T_T

brentech

Oh, guess I missed the news that Logitech wheels aren't actually working on PS4.

Should have got rid of DFGT, and likely won't full purchase Driveclub either. That's a bummer. Can probably trade in the wheel I'd supposed.

eznark

Banned
By_5uaPIIAAP5oM.png:large

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I should probably stop playing smash and sleep. My thumbs hurt. Game is fucking great

Top Bottom