• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Smokey

FYI if you pre order 2K15 from Best Buy you get a $10 certificate on top of the 20% off MSRP for GCU.

Thought I was going to go 100% all digital but fucking GCU makes that hard to do.

eznark

Banned
Tried to get in and play with CB and FMT but it was a full room :(

I haven't really played any smash since N64 high school days. I have no clue what I am doing. Up to jump?? Madness!

FYI if you pre order 2K15 from Best Buy you get a $10 certificate on top of the 20% off MSRP for GCU.

Thought I was going to go 100% all digital but fucking GCU makes that hard to do.

I thought I was going to do the same but I've made my setup now where I don't have to get my ass up to change games when I'm at my desk

Buys 3 titan blacks, can't eat the 25 extra dollars it costs to go all digital.

eznark

Banned
Oh rad, controls are crazy customizable. Changed the attack buttons around, put grab on Y and turned off up jump.

Now we're cooking with gas!

2ksportslogo530dph.jpg

Don't be a hypocrite!

McNei1y

Hey FMT, I see we play next. Just a heads up, I'll probably be too faced to play tonight (going to the Nats playoff game today against your Giants). And as for tomorrow, I'm going to be in New Jersey for the day. Sunday might be our best bet.

It's weird that the last Wii Smash game too come out came during the winter break of my Freshman year... that was 7 years ago.

Hey FMT, I see we play next. Just a heads up, I'll probably be too faced to play tonight (going to the Nats playoff game today against your Giants). And as for tomorrow, I'm going to be in New Jersey for the day. Sunday might be our best bet.

It's weird that the last Wii Smash game too come out came during the winter break of my Freshman year... that was 7 years ago.

Works for me!

An AFC West Overview

Chargers (7-3)
Key To Offense: Phillip Rivers to Antonio Gates. These two have connected 51 times this season, 7 of which were TDs. When Gates is covered expect a check to Keenan Allen, who has 35 receptions. Malcolm Floyd has the third most, with just 17 receptions.
Key to Defense: Mixing up the Blitz. 9 different players have recorded a sack for the Chargers, only two of which are defensive linemen. This causes confusion which has helped lead to MLB Donald Butler's 40 tackles and 6 INTs.
Games Remaining vsRams, @Ravens, vsPatriots, vsBroncos, @49ers, @Chiefs
Has lost to: Seahawks, Raiders, and Raiders.
Extra Drizzler Thoughts
Powerhouse N1ghtz has lost to only two teams this season. The problem is one of those teams is in his division, and they beat him twice. The Raiders feel they're the better team and are just praying N1ghtz slips up and hands them the title.

Raiders (6-4)
Key to Offense: Run the ball, share the rock. MJD is averaging just under 70 yard per game. And he's doing it on just 15.5 carries per game. With McFadden coming in and 6.9 whenever the bowling ball needs a rest, Oakland's run game is no joke. Rookie QB Derek Carr is willing to check down and take the occasional sack instead of throwing the pick as well, so don't hope for the QB to blow it. He has just 6 INTs in 10 games, with 11 sacks. The top 5 receivers on the team are all within 11 receptions of each other.
Key to Defense: DT Antonio Smith causing picks. The inside presence has 9 sacks this season and has been a contributor to the Ds 21 INTs.
Games Remaining: vsChiefs, @Rams, vs49ers, @Chiefs, vsBills, @Broncos
Has Lost to: Texans, Patriots, Seahawks, Broncos
Extra Drizzler Thoughts their remaining schedule is tough. 2 games remaining vs the Chiefs could decide which of them make wildcard or possibly win the division, but then again they could split. Good chance it'll come down to week 17s divisional matchups until both the wildcard and divisional winners are determined. You have to score against this team. They play the possession game and the entire team gets involved, making defensive adjustments tough.

Chiefs (6-4)
Key to Offense: Jamaal Charles. Averaging over 78 yards per game, Charles has been the focal point of this offense. When you play the Chiefs you want to stop the run at all costs while being wary of the play action. Tiny hands has 19 INTs and has been sacked 16 times. Stop the run and force Alex Smith and Anthony Fasano, his leading receiver, to beat you.
Key to Defense: OLB Justin Houston has 15 TFL and 8 sacks, being both a run stopping force and some great pass rush. This has helped lead to Eric Berrys 6 INTs, and 9 deflections.
Games Remaining: @Raiders, vsBroncos, @Cardinals, vsRaiders, @Steelers, vsChargers
Has Lost to: Dolphins, 49ers, Chargers, Seahawks
Extra Drizzler Thoughts
The leading tackler on this team has under 40 tackles. Besides Jamaal Charles, the clock is the best weapon the Chiefs use. They keep their O on the field, and their D knows how to get off the field.

Broncos (4-6)
Key to Offense: Julius Thomas. The big TE is the first option on the majority of plays called by the Broncos while the second Option couldn't be more evenly distributed. Thomas has 43 receptions while WRs Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker, and Emmanuel Sanders all have just 25 receptions a piece. Peyton has had trouble checking down this year as well, he has 26 INTs on the season. Possibly the pressure of 23 sacks in 10 games is getting to him.
Key to Defense: Linebacker play. Trevathan is all over the field with a team high 52 tackles. The Pass rush of Ware and Miller combined with the great DB play of Talib and Moore results in the game coming down to whether or not my other LBs can cover the TEs and slot receivers and RBs.
Games Remaining: vsDolphins, @Chiefs, vsBills, @Chargers, @Bengals, vsRaiders
Has Lost to Chiefs, Seahawks, 49ers, Chargers, Patriots, Rams
Extra Drizzler Thoughts
There's a slim chance I get to the postseason. But then again I probably have the least difficult schedule remaining. Still willing to trade some of those Stud WRs or QB of mine.

My friend code for Smashing Bros is 5112-3585-1469, my 3ds says eznark, Sanjuro and Gold Lion are all provisional friends because I guess they didn't add me back :(

Cheeto, just added you. Here's mine:

5429-7620-6036

Drizzler, are you around tomorrow afternoon/night to play? I'd prefer to do it then rather than tonight. Because tonight I'd rather play Smash and FIFA, lol.

SickBoy

Am I seeing this right? Ravens are CPU?

Matchups are:

Chiefs/Raiders
Browns/Falcons
Titans/Eagles
Lions/Patriots
Packers/Vikings
Jaguars/Colts
Bengals/Texans
Jets/Bills
Bucs/Bears