• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

gg squall! your D is tough. made me scared to try anything crazy. i also had 7 "pass deflections", and i believe all 7 were more or less dropped picks. of course the one pick my guys do make comes out of nowhere in tight coverage. sucks that you were stuck with stanton though!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Sigh, I fucking suck at this game. Blow winning every single time, literally

Welcome to the club!

I've beaten some of the best (record wise) teams and lost to some of the worst (record wise) teams. Zero fucking feel for this game. I only move on offense like I'd want to when I'm in hurry up offense down big in the 4th

gg squall! your D is tough. made me scared to try anything crazy. i also had 7 "pass deflections", and i believe all 7 were more or less dropped picks. of course the one pick my guys do make comes out of nowhere in tight coverage. sucks that you were stuck with stanton though!
GG, thanks buddy, feels at least a little good to hear something positive from a vet haha I was frustrated with all the Fitz drops, he don't drop that much from contact in real life! haha Nice work with that pick, I should have just run for that first down and I very well could of scored but my dumb ass throws and the pick was a death knoll. I thought I had a good read on that one though and that Fitz bodied the defender on the correct side but... Indeed, the game has made me use Stanton every fucking game from a certain point early in the season and I don't know how to make them put Palmer in :(
Welcome to the club!

I've beaten some of the best (record wise) teams and lost to some of the worst (record wise) teams. Zero fucking feel for this game. I only move on offense like I'd want to when I'm in hurry up offense down big in the 4th
I still can't get the kicks right although I had my best kick game against FMT. I think maybe there was just less lag against him? Don't know. Every game I accidentally do the hurry up that will make me spike so I have to waste a time out haha

Ok before next season, I demand to know how to put Palmer in instead of Stanton and how to make Ellington my starter, permanently. Every single game I have to pause and swap Dryer out for him and I feel bad delaying the game plus it's just annoying ;P

Also, I still have no idea what you mean by draft, do we draft available FAs? Now that I'm out, when do I need to report again for either FA or draft? I have no idea how this stuff works.

GG, thanks buddy, feels at least a little good to hear something positive from a vet haha I was frustrated with all the Fitz drops, he don't drop that much from contact in real life! haha Nice work with that pick, I should have just run for that first down and I very well could of scored but my dumb ass throws and the pick was a death knoll. I thought I had a good read on that one though and that Fitz bodied the defender on the correct side but... Indeed, the game has made me use Stanton every fucking game from a certain point early in the season and I don't know how to make them put Palmer in :(

I still can't get the kicks right although I had my best kick game against FMT. I think maybe there was just less lag against him? Don't know. Every game I accidentally do the hurry up that will make me spike so I have to waste a time out haha

Ok before next season, I demand to know how to put Palmer in instead of Stanton and how to make Ellington my starter, permanently. Every single game I have to pause and swap Dryer out for him and I feel bad delaying the game plus it's just annoying ;P

Also, I still have no idea what you mean by draft, do we draft available FAs? Now that I'm out, when do I need to report again for either FA or draft? I have no idea how this stuff works.

just go to your depth chart and set whoever you want as the starter. and the draft is like the real NFL draft. there are 7 rounds and everyone shows up and drafts who they want based on their scouting. you can currently scout college players right now. you have a pool of scouting points you can use.

if you don't show up to the draft then the CPU will draft your new players. go into the connected franchise portion of the game and poke around brah. lots of stuff there!

Let's finish the raid! Last night before the reset. Doesn't matter if you were in the original, can't wait for others. So far it's,

Me
Tsizzle
N1ghtz
Brentech

LJ11

Another choke job complete. Good game AZ, man I can't believe I forgot to hot route on that int, thought I had a slant backside, wasn't there and I just didn't want to take a sack so I chucked it. I'm a moron.

Nothing I could do to get the ground game going. Was able to move the ball in the air, but I just coughed it up in the 4th.

Another choke job complete. Good game AZ, man I can't believe I forgot to hot route on that int, thought I had a slant backside, wasn't there and I just didn't want to take a sack so I chucked it. I'm a moron.

Nothing I could do to get the ground game going. Was able to move the ball in the air, but I just coughed it up in the 4th.

Yup, good game man. I won but I feel like I lost as well. I guess Madden was punishing me for not benching some of my starters. Not having Harvin for the playoffs is really going to hurt me.

JABEE

Yess! The Comeback!

GG DCX

I feel like I have gotten better as the season has gone on.

How are you supposed to resign guys like Hardy? He never showed up as an option to resign? Can I tag him?

I can't resign Greg Hardy in depth chart. I can only release him. Cam Newton showed up on my list of players to resign. Hardy did not.
In between salaries and demand release, he's not there?

Actually I have a few who aren't there too. They'll be available at the advance / after the playoffs I guess.

if ez wins then there are 3 teams that would be 10-6 for two playoff spots. if EA uses the correct tie breaker procedure (and i think the correct one would be you eliminate comon divisional teams first, which LJ has a better division record than me and we split head to head) then i would be the odd man out :(

Greg

if ez wins then there are 3 teams that would be 10-6 for two playoff spots. if EA uses the correct tie breaker procedure (and i think the correct one would be you eliminate comon divisional teams first, which LJ has a better division record than me and we split head to head) then i would be the odd man out :(
I'll trade you teams

eznark

Banned
YES! Finally worked my up to Future War Cult rank 2. Let's see what my reward is for a week of grinding!!

Wow-its-fucking-nothing.jpg

brentech

YES! Finally worked my up to Future War Cult rank 2. Let's see what my reward is for a week of grinding!!

i just hit lvl 1. But yeah, the weapons are no longer my point of interest. I'm not sure if the armor is actually better than raid armor...so likely no point.
Kind of like the game. yet I still play for like 30min-1hr a day

CB3

I would have preferred nothing to the default Warlock item you need to buy just to earn war cult XP. I dont think i played for a few days after that

BigAT

God damn spectator that just shits on me during games. Or maybe that's how At roots for you. I dunno.

I just mean that seemingly all of the old guard is bad now. FMT out of the playoffs, Wellie and CB bumped apparently (I can't tell if they're just Eeyoreing), LJ talking about how much he stinks. I'm curious who has filled that vacuum.

CB3

Im not eeyoring. Im actually pretty fucking terrible this year (relatively speaking). Im gonna have to change something up year two.

If you plan on getting to the max level or at least doing the Raid a bunch and getting armor from there, those other factions are completely pointless unless you want a weapon from there. I didn't bother with them and have no reason to.

As for Madden, when is the draft and when is Free Agency? Does it tell me in Franchise Mode? I already swapped back to Destiny so will have to check later if so. I don't know shiz about college kids at this point in the year besides the top few QBs. How high are the top rookie QBs ever rated? Is there really a point to drafting one over using Palmer? I'm guessing we will keep these teams through out the entirety of playing this game so the point is to keep them for later down the road but considering a new game comes out every year, that's not very long, eh?

Also, why the fuck did the stupid commentators shit on my Run D the past few games? That's the one thing I'm good at and no one has really run on me, very strange. Trying to kick me when I'm down, Madden!

McNei1y

I just mean that seemingly all of the old guard is bad now. FMT out of the playoffs, Wellie and CB bumped apparently (I can't tell if they're just Eeyoreing), LJ talking about how much he stinks. I'm curious who has filled that vacuum.

NFC ended up with ~10 teams above .500. It was a pretty close season. DM, AZ, LJ, myself, and Bobby are the 5 teams in currently. I'm not sure who's getting the last spot. Ez? FMT? CB? Not sure what the tiebreakers are but they're all possibilities.

If you plan on getting to the max level or at least doing the Raid a bunch and getting armor from there, those other factions are completely pointless unless you want a weapon from there. I didn't bother with them and have no reason to.

As for Madden, when is the draft and when is Free Agency? Does it tell me in Franchise Mode? I already swapped back to Destiny so will have to check later if so. I don't know shiz about college kids at this point in the year besides the top few QBs. How high are the top rookie QBs ever rated? Is there really a point to drafting one over using Palmer? I'm guessing we will keep these teams through out the entirety of playing this game so the point is to keep them for later down the road but considering a new game comes out every year, that's not very long, eh?

FMT was saying the offseason schedule will be released when we advance to the playoffs. He was guessing the draft will be sometime early next week?

edit:eek:ops included the chargers in the nfc

Also, why the fuck did the stupid commentators shit on my Run D the past few games? That's the one thing I'm good at and no one has really run on me, very strange. Trying to kick me when I'm down, Madden!

don't listen to that commentary. every game i've played at the start they say "well this 49ers defense has been one of the NFL's worst this year" even though i have been either #1 or #2 scoring defense pretty much the entire season.

and AT, it's just been an adjustment year in season 1. defense got its first major overhaul since 2005 in my opinion. well i guess overhaul is the wrong word but the defense is just better and punish you badly for mistakes/bad throws. then you have accuracy of the QB's which is crucial. plenty of times each game where you just overthrow/underthrow open guys which didn't happen in the past.

as for who are the powerhouses, AZ has the leagues best record along with Cola. so those are kind of out of left field. AZ has been a playoff team in the past so its not too shocking but cola has never made the playoffs that i can recall. then you've got soka having a great year, crimson (chiefs) having a really good year, mcneily winning his division, bob (likely) winning his division, DM made a return to form and winning his division. so there are SOME familiar faces!

NFC ended up with ~10 teams above .500. It was a pretty close season. DM, AZ, LJ, myself, and Bobby are the 5 teams in currently. I'm not sure who's getting the last spot. Ez? FMT? Nightz? CB? Not sure what the tiebreakers are but they're all possibilities.

FMT was saying the offseason schedule will be released when we advance to the playoffs. He was guessing the draft will be sometime early next week?

Ok, cool, I'll try and keep a look out in this thread, thanks.

don't listen to that commentary. every game i've played at the start they say "well this 49ers defense has been one of the NFL's worst this year" even though i have been either #1 or #2 scoring defense pretty much the entire season.

and AT, it's just been an adjustment year in season 1. defense got its first major overhaul since 2005 in my opinion. well i guess overhaul is the wrong word but the defense is just better and punish you badly for mistakes/bad throws. then you have accuracy of the QB's which is crucial. plenty of times each game where you just overthrow/underthrow open guys which didn't happen in the past.
Yeah as a newbie the computer controlling corners on the highest difficulty while a player rushes me kicked my ass, many many picks this season. That I had to use Stanton who has shitty stats really didn't help. There were many throws that I was confident would have connected using a different QB. I also just realized that holding x and tapping it dictated a floater or tight throw...I am too far removed from when I ran those training sets. It's no wonder I had so many picks, I was always holding x and wondering how so many damn times it would go in front of my reciever where the corner was... derp. Oh well, here's hoping I've learned a few things for season 2 but I imagine I'll still struggle on O until I learn some tricks. None of you fuckers used mics and gave advice during games as I was hoping or at least after beating me ;P

squall i would recommend to scout some QB's and see what you're dealing with. the things you look for in a QB's ratings are THP (throwing power) and THA (throwing accuracy short/medium/long). These are the important things for a QB.

you can build up your guys (in the menu its something like "improve players" or whatever). every game where you do good things with players based on their goals they get XP and you can use that to improve their stats. when you're in that menu, it will detail what each stat does. some are self explanatory but others are confusing and they at least explain what each attribute means this year.

with a rookie QB there is a high probability that you can use him immediately. unlike random offensive/defensive players you don't control, a QB's awareness (for instance) is actually YOUR awareness because you control him at all times. so maybe there's a QB who is a bit lower rated but you have to take a look at his important attributes, not his overall. i don't know what palmers attributes are but you should take a look and then compare with what might be out there in the draft. you have the #1 pick in each round. i'm assuming that there is an insanely good player there for you at #1. is it a QB? is it a WR? is it a LB? i don't know, that's for you to scout my friend!

squall i would recommend to scout some QB's and see what you're dealing with. the things you look for in a QB's ratings are THP (throwing power) and THA (throwing accuracy short/medium/long). These are the important things for a QB.

you can build up your guys (in the menu its something like "improve players" or whatever). every game where you do good things with players based on their goals they get XP and you can use that to improve their stats. when you're in that menu, it will detail what each stat does. some are self explanatory but others are confusing and they at least explain what each attribute means this year.

with a rookie QB there is a high probability that you can use him immediately. unlike random offensive/defensive players you don't control, a QB's awareness (for instance) is actually YOUR awareness because you control him at all times. so maybe there's a QB who is a bit lower rated but you have to take a look at his important attributes, not his overall. i don't know what palmers attributes are but you should take a look and then compare with what might be out there in the draft. you have the #1 pick in each round. i'm assuming that there is an insanely good player there for you at #1. is it a QB? is it a WR? is it a LB? i don't know, that's for you to scout my friend!
Thanks buddy, I'm nervous not knowing the players but it should be a fun process. I suppose there's not much point in looking up players IRL since Madden scores will be whatever and it's the Madden numbers that matter.

Thanks buddy, I'm nervous not knowing the players but it should be a fun process. I suppose there's not much point in looking up players IRL since Madden scores will be whatever and it's the Madden numbers that matter.

well the draft is completely made-up players and its random. in years past, madden had pre-determined "draft classes". SOME people (people in this league!) would obviously use draft cheat sheets since the pre-determined classes would have "gems" and "duds" built in. you'd have a guy who was "projected" to be a first round pick but then his stats wouldn't be that great or you'd have a guy projected to be a 7th rounder who had insane meaningful stats.

this year the classes are completely random. the only way to have a successful draft is to do a good job scouting. the trick is that you have a small number of scouting points. so you either spend a lot of points to FULLY know what you're getting in a few players or you spend a small amount of points to know some things about a lot of players.

for me, the trick to scouting in madden is to know what you are looking for with the position you are scouting. for instance, if i am looking for a defensive lineman, i care about block shedding stat, strength, and the pass rush ratings (finesse and power moves). if i were to get the full numbers for those stats on Joe Defensive End it would be incredibly expensive but i would know exactly what i was getting. i would rather know a bit about Joe Defensive End and 4 or 5 other players than just knowing everything about 1 player. but with you picking #1 you want to make sure you get a can't-miss guy so i dont know. tough call!

Top Bottom