• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Colasante

as for who are the powerhouses, AZ has the leagues best record along with Cola. so those are kind of out of left field. AZ has been a playoff team in the past so its not too shocking but cola has never made the playoffs that i can recall. then you've got soka having a great year, crimson (chiefs) having a really good year, mcneily winning his division, bob (likely) winning his division, DM made a return to form and winning his division. so there are SOME familiar faces!

I don't think I've ever even gotten more than 6 wins before. I was stuck in the NFC West as the Cardinals and Rams and finally got a good quarterback this year.

This game were playing right now is turning me off of 2K. That slight lag makes it impossible to play on ball d, and when teams realize that, they use that to their advantage.

Edit: you're not a cancer Phee, this game is just trash

Because of the lag, you end up having guess rather than react on defense. The teams that realize this just wait it out for you to guess wrong and go the other way (like those guys tonight)

Add to the fact that most players seem to be rated 99 in three point shooting, driving to the basket, and dunking, and it becomes a game of pick your poison.

Until they can ensure that the defense isn't playing a second behind, I doubt you'll see any semblance of basketball.

rinse82

Is it just me or are there less Scouting points allocated this year?

I just scouted a couple QB's and looked into THP and I'm already out of points lol

rinse82

Thinking of getting a dedicated monitor in the office for my PS4 - what are some decent options at around 24"?

It would solely be used for PS4 gaming.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Man Wellie was a +86 and didn't make the playoffs, Skins -4 and win the division.

Running it up when you win doesn't count in the other games unfortunately. Not that that's running it up, but, you know what I mean.

Not sure what you're getting at but I lost 7 games by a combined 61 points. I was only really outclassed against FMT in which I lost by 21 due to turnovers and I lost to Crow by 13. Take those two away and I lost 5 games by a little over 5 points average against the NFC West and within the NFC East. Further I lost to the Redskins AI early in the season, and that turned out to be the difference between making the playoffs and not.

brentech

Not sure what you're getting at
Wasn't getting at anything. Was just trying to make the point that being +86 doesn't mean anything or help you in your losses. It's not a very meaningful stat.
I used bad wording. Tried to save it the end but was typing between half of Fifa club match and didn't bother going back to it.
Is it just me or are there less Scouting points allocated this year?

I just scouted a couple QB's and looked into THP and I'm already out of points lol
There is less points, but certain things no longer need scouted. If you scouted their OVR, then sure, your boned. Not sure what throw power costs, but the price of most the stat scouts are also way down from last year. But basically you have to be way more choosey about who you reallllly want to learn about.
I think I like it this way. People are going to be making gambles in the first round if they don't play it right.

McNei1y

To add to what Brent said: There are more scouting points but things cost way less unless you want to actually see what the overall rating is. I remember Agility, Acceleration, and Speed were all ~100-200 points last year. I believe they're floating around 10-20 this year.

eznark

Banned
Totally forgot about scouting til yesterday when I resigned my players.

Good to see EA stil lhas no fucking clue how to do contract negotiations. You get one shot, make it a good one! Really inflates the market for connected franchises.

McNei1y

Totally forgot about scouting til yesterday when I resigned my players.

Good to see EA stil lhas no fucking clue how to do contract negotiations. You get one shot, make it a good one! Really inflates the market for connected franchises.

Did you low ball them? I agree that it's stupid if you go too low but all of the people I want to resign did except for a couple who are still in contract negotiations with me.

eznark

Banned
I went 5% under the asking price of one guy. "Not interested"

Oh, nice negotiation. It was Boykin or someone I didn't give a shit about but still.

Anybody here from Seattle know what Deception Pass State Park is like?

Found out last night I had a friend who's been missing for a week. They found his car there this morning. But I can't even imagine this person ever putting himself in harm's way.

BigAT

They never changed that functionality? I thought that was some broken ass shit that would only exist since it was the first year they had contract negotiations. I guess never doubt EA.

Ferny

Anybody here from Seattle know what Deception Pass State Park is like?

Found out last night I had a friend who's been missing for a week. They found his car there this morning. But I can't even imagine this person ever putting himself in harm's way.

That's insane. I hope he/she turns up Phee

Mrbob

If I purposely disconnected there can I get my win back? I was burying sanjuro in the first game and in the replay everything went wrong. Missing open throws, receivers slipping in the snow leading to ints, giving up a td in double coverage where both my db and safety watched the wr catch the ball while doing nothing letting the receiver blow by between them. Snow games are the worst.

BigAT

Sanjuro is a fellow redlettermedia fan.Don't know how I feel about that.

VTUDLgr.gif

I went 5% under the asking price of one guy. "Not interested"

Oh, nice negotiation. It was Boykin or someone I didn't give a shit about but still.

I've been negotiating with culliver all season. Gave him 20% below to start and working my way up but he still won't bite! We will see if he took my last offer. He can go to FA I don't care. He gots to get up outta here!

Mrbob

LJ losing was good for me. I might actually beat FMT in wild card tiebreakers now if EA follows the rules. Wildcard tiebreaking scenario different for 3 or more teams versus 2. We'll see though.

Bob, buy me Far Cry 4 when I win our bet

Hahaha, Samurai Warriors 4 is out today so you should get that for me. One million units down and you still don't give up hope. It is over Ferny. Has been since January 1.

Caja 117

I asked a slider question in the Xbox one league, but aparently that thread is dead, could someone tell me what set of sliders is a good base to play Conected Franchise?

Smokey

This game were playing right now is turning me off of 2K. That slight lag makes it impossible to play on ball d, and when teams realize that, they use that to their advantage.

Edit: you're not a cancer Phee, this game is just trash

Because of the lag, you end up having guess rather than react on defense. The teams that realize this just wait it out for you to guess wrong and go the other way (like those guys tonight)

Add to the fact that most players seem to be rated 99 in three point shooting, driving to the basket, and dunking, and it becomes a game of pick your poison.

Until they can ensure that the defense isn't playing a second behind, I doubt you'll see any semblance of basketball.

Phee said he was a cancer ? Lol

I've been exclusively playing park in the game. Spent all of last week doing so. The lag is there but I'm almost to the point where it's become second nature. I'm able to stick with my guy when people try and do that zig zag BS. Get a lot of rips when they do that.

Were you guys playing in the Rec center

You're hooked on HoTS!

It's pretty fun and it's nice that the games are so short. The problem is I go back to dota and realize how much better the game is. Just sucks that it takes an hour to play one match.

Also, I couldn't figure out how the queues were so quick when Dota's take so long. Then I realized it just randomly inserts bots into matches to get them started and the bots are fucking braindead. And the game doesn't fucking tell you there are bots so you have to figure out on your own why that one dude is playing like an asshole. I wish there was an option you could choose to wait for full games instead of having bots inserted. Some of blizzard's design decisions are real head scratchers.

Edit: And sorry about the raid. I went to sleep really early on Saturday due to lack of sleep catching up to me. And I don't think you were on when I checked Sunday night.

Ferny

It's pretty fun and it's nice that the games are so short. The problem is I go back to dota and realize how much better the game is. Just sucks that it takes an hour to play one match.

Also, I couldn't figure out how the queues were so quick when Dota's take so long. Then I realized it just randomly inserts bots into matches to get them started and the bots are fucking braindead. And the game doesn't fucking tell you there are bots so you have to figure out on your own why that one dude is playing like an asshole. I wish there was an option you could choose to wait for full games instead of having bots inserted. Some of blizzard's design decisions are real head scratchers.

Edit: And sorry about the raid. I went to sleep really early on Saturday due to lack of sleep catching up to me. And I don't think you were on when I checked Sunday night.

Wait, you're getting bots? I haven't had any bots unless someone leaves and then they go ahead and throw in a bot which sometimes is a better player than the scum it's replacing.

Wait, you're getting bots? I haven't had any bots unless someone leaves and then they go ahead and throw in a bot which sometimes is a better player than the scum it's replacing.

Maybe it's due to someone leaving at the beginning, I don't know. I just know people will be complaining about someone then be like "oh, no wonder. it's a bot."

I don't even know how you can tell aside from trying to give them orders I guess.

well the draft is completely made-up players and its random. in years past, madden had pre-determined "draft classes". SOME people (people in this league!) would obviously use draft cheat sheets since the pre-determined classes would have "gems" and "duds" built in. you'd have a guy who was "projected" to be a first round pick but then his stats wouldn't be that great or you'd have a guy projected to be a 7th rounder who had insane meaningful stats.

this year the classes are completely random. the only way to have a successful draft is to do a good job scouting. the trick is that you have a small number of scouting points. so you either spend a lot of points to FULLY know what you're getting in a few players or you spend a small amount of points to know some things about a lot of players.

for me, the trick to scouting in madden is to know what you are looking for with the position you are scouting. for instance, if i am looking for a defensive lineman, i care about block shedding stat, strength, and the pass rush ratings (finesse and power moves). if i were to get the full numbers for those stats on Joe Defensive End it would be incredibly expensive but i would know exactly what i was getting. i would rather know a bit about Joe Defensive End and 4 or 5 other players than just knowing everything about 1 player. but with you picking #1 you want to make sure you get a can't-miss guy so i dont know. tough call!
Oh, whaaat? Made up players? I guess that shakes things up then. Damn, that is tricky with me having the #1 pick, I should probably spend the points to make sure I hit the home run but the question is how do I decide who to blow all the points on? Should be interesting. Thanks for explaining that and especially for the PM.
Most accurate description ever.

And Destiny gets at least 4 more nights, as it's the perfect baseball companion. Wonder if I can hate fuck my way to faction level 3 and buy a primary purple gun
So I can probably assume you won't bother with the DLC as they come out?

BigAT

There are hearthstone bots now? or do you mean the CPU in which case fuck those bots.

There are actually bots on ladder. It's super obvious and Blizzard, in typical Blizzard fashion, isn't doing shit all about it. I faced one on ladder yesterday that had been going for so long that it was a golden Shaman (500+ wins).

Top Bottom