• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Greg

PSN is so embarrassing

I see messages get sent and shit won't refresh or load until like 15 minutes later
yeah, I never had issues on PS3, but with PS4 it has been shit

I need to cut my friend list down because I heard that ruins things as well

That's actually probably a pretty good idea. There's a lot of people on my list where I wonder how I ever came in contact with that person.

Greg

Wow I had no idea this game was in development. I'm intrigued.

I'm all over the place today. Sheesh
the last footage they released is a bit rough around the edges, but it was just a proof of concept developed by a skeleton team (one of the original SOCOM devs included) funded through kickstarter

last I heard they are in full production and there's going to be an early release on Steam next year, but it's coming to PS4 once everything is ironed out

Played confrontation for a short time, but never *truly enjoyed it on the PS3
it was mostly garbage for the first 6 months, but then turned into the 2nd best game in the franchise after it was patched

if it had all of S2's maps, it would've been my favorite

and it had the best DLC of the generation

one of the very few MP titles on consoles that didn't lose its audience every time the next flavor of the month shooter was released

brentech

I definitely didn't give Confrontation 6 months of leeway.

Jesus. Tyrod Tayler didn't throw a in-completion until his 17th pass attempt, in the 4th qtr.
almost a nightmare until a receiver fumbled in the last 2 min. Even then I couldn't get a first to end the game and had to punt and gave them 4 more chances. Just held on.

CPU too good at passing. Gave me a scare.

Going to have to ask for an AP at this point so I can get this game in.
The plan to play yesterday before the MNF game was his. He didn't show.

Asked if I could play tonight, wasn't on PS4, but got a indicator on my tablet and responded in 20min. Now he's back on, but in Netflix. No response.
I've been realllll accommodating to pretty much everyone I've played. I'm in a tight spot myself for once, and I've made it to the game two times just to be sitting on my hands with the invite sent out.

Pretty annoying.

we will extend the deadline. could you play tomorrow against him?

edit -

whoops! i read the thread in order, didn't see your last post until now!

brentech

we will extend the deadline. could you play tomorrow against him?

edit -

whoops! i read the thread in order, didn't see your last post until now!

If i knew for sure i'd be available tomorrow night, I'd have just gone along with that plan. But since I showed up twice and got stood up, I didn't feel like playing tag anymore. sit around waiting for an hour two nights in a row, had to just play it.

Greg

I definitely didn't give Confrontation 6 months of leeway.
yeah, it got dumped on by reviewers because of server issues at launch (online-only game)

the series has its quirks, and it's not the most accessible considering most people are babied on consoles with aim assists and respawn, but it deserved more support

CPU too good at passing. Gave me a scare.
I found that the all-madden computer throws like a complete idiot if you're not controlling a lineman

they make poor decisions and eat so many sacks if you just control a LB in a zone and just casually hover around the underneath stuff - like night and day difference the amount of success you have on D compared to controlling a lineman

brentech

yeah, it got dumped on by reviewers because of server issues at launch (online-only game)

the series has its quirks, and it's not the most accessible considering most people are babied on consoles with aim assists and respawn, but it deserved more support

I found that the all-madden computer throws like a complete idiot if you're not controlling a lineman

they make poor decisions and eat so many sacks if you just control a LB in a zone and just casually hover around the underneath stuff - like night and day difference the amount of success you have on D compared to controlling a lineman

yeah, when I started playing my usual flat zones, i noticed he would hold the ball longer if I actually prevented a receiver. Still completed a lot of balls, but if it wasnt for the sacks, i would have lost that.

i consider people who play linemen to be cowards!

Greg

i consider people who play linemen to be cowards!
offline I play a LB, but 90% of the time after I make adjustments I switch to linemen when I play online

lag, odd switches off the LB, and how hit and miss the strafing is always bothers me... it's hard enough with this garbage D even when I have a perfect call

I think it's the best way to stop runs - I don't call that cowardly!

LJ11

I think that is a good point. I didn't really have much time to play earlier in the season (and no one is around to play anyway) and it showed a lot.

I'm curious, do you guys just play the defensive calls the way the game lays them out or do you make adjustments at the LOS? I am bad on both sides of the ball with lots of checks and changes. It has a lot to do with my opponent tendencies but for example I like to put JPP into QB spy at the LOS against guys like Kaeprnick and RG3. Not a huge fan of doing it as I am so effective usering him but it solves a problem for me without decreasing coverage. I've also been sneaky with zone coverages and mixing in blitzes. I'll take note during a game where my opponents like to attack my zones, but more importantly where they don't. Sometimes I will take the defenders in areas they are ignoring and hot them over to blitzing. For example, a lot of guys are running 2 TE sets so I like to sit in 4-3 because my LBs are effective in coverage. I've noticed when opponents don't want to go into the flat because they want something deeper, so that LB ends up becoming a blitzer for me a lot.

I feel like what makes Madden so good for me and has kept it fresh over the years is the constant chess game that I want to execute against whoever I am playing. There are a lot of simple and quick things that I like to do to lure guys into traps or to attack on defense and start dictating the pace of the game myself.

Damn I just checked JPPs season stats, I was a fucking beast!

I'm always trying to audible/adjust. In 2012 I would hot route my entire D except the outside corners. man, curl flat, hook, hook on SS, curl flat, man and user Byrd. If you had enough time to get through the zone with a TE or a back without getting sacked, I would then bring a zone heater and get you while you were waiting for the route to develop. I got caught a ton hot routing guys however, and would give up huge plays because of it. It was easy to bring pressure that year.

Always around for scrims if given the heads up. I lost my AIM account, so I should probably get a new one, but I wonder if anyone still uses it. Different times, we went hard at this game a few years ago, was a lot of fun.

Any1 want in on nightfall? 20% xp and rep bonus

I play everything but corner. Depends on the play / situation. I try to avoid using my higher rated guys.

offline I play a LB, but 90% of the time after I make adjustments I switch to linemen when I play online

lag, odd switches off the LB, and how hit and miss the strafing is always bothers me... it's hard enough with this garbage D even when I have a perfect call

I think it's the best way to stop runs - I don't call that cowardly!

maybe you should draft patrick willis jr. and navarro bowman jr.? that seems to work for me. if it doesn't then just draft both of them and then aldon smith

Greg

I'm always trying to audible/adjust. In 2012 I would hot route my entire D except the outside corners. man, curl flat, hook, hook on SS, curl flat, man and user Byrd. If you had enough time to get through the zone with a TE or a back without getting sacked, I would then bring a zone heater and get you while you were waiting for the route to develop. I got caught a ton hot routing guys however, and would give up huge plays because of it. It was easy to bring pressure that year.

Always around for scrims if given the heads up. I lost my AIM account, so I should probably get a new one, but I wonder if anyone still uses it. Different times, we went hard at this game a few years ago, was a lot of fun.
I'd love to scrim more

maybe you should draft patrick willis jr. and navarro bowman jr.? that seems to work for me. if it doesn't then just draft both of them and then aldon smith
I'll get right on that

I pissed away my scouting points already though, so maybe next season now that I have a better understanding!

Gotta turn that auto strafe off. It's the worst.
Every now and then a play a lineman. Usually stick to linebacker or safety.
is it safe to touch settings now? I was afraid to go into the option menu and set things how I like them because of the sync issues or whatever that popped up when we first started this

brentech

The only settings that weren't safe to change we're the visual settings. Everything else has always been good.
Auto strafe is the first thing I turn off every year. Fuck that noise.

I don't think it happens when playing head2head matches, only noticed when playing the cpu, when the ball carrier has the ball and is going down the sideline...anyone have the computer not allow them to bring the player you're controlling in on the runner? Feel like I give up a shit load extra yards because it's not letting me choose my own angle.
If ball carrier is running down the left sideline I could be pushing straight left on the stick and my guy just won't do it.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Wow had no idea. I remember when Luke was into the game way back when and he used to trot out the fucking 2 TE sets he loved. Those games were fucking war, I wish we could have streamed all of our games back then. Not sure what was the really good one that we played forever but we all got to the point where randoms weren't an issue and we would push ourselves with new ideas and concepts.

I wish some of the rushing concepts worked a little better this year. I am just happy they toned down the read option.

I am going to stick around for the next season and go from there. I only have one more trip this year so I should have time to dedicate going forward.

SickBoy

gg DM, I made some terrible decisions early (throwing that hitch pattern right to you, for example) and then kinda fell apart when I got too far behind.

Regardless, solid defense throughout from you -- hard to move the ball against... you do a great job taking away the intermediate stuff and I wasn't putting any sort of effective touch on my passes. Also, I've never gambled so much in my life... I hope those were all decisions that made sense on your end.

At the end of the first, my plan was just to run clock and see if I could draw an offside, but when I saw your D formation I knew I could get the yard.

Lucky to have the score be just 23-10. Could've been 31-6 just as easily.

McNei1y

Do bonus rolls still exist? Like I want to do ubrs but my ilvl is still 5 points too low and I want to get loot from lfr asap.

Sokantish

You buy them with 50 lesser charms of good fortune which you can farm easily on the timeless isle.

Someone put Luke on AP if you ain't gonna advance this please

DMczaf

gg DM, I made some terrible decisions early (throwing that hitch pattern right to you, for example) and then kinda fell apart when I got too far behind.

Regardless, solid defense throughout from you -- hard to move the ball against... you do a great job taking away the intermediate stuff and I wasn't putting any sort of effective touch on my passes. Also, I've never gambled so much in my life... I hope those were all decisions that made sense on your end.

At the end of the first, my plan was just to run clock and see if I could draw an offside, but when I saw your D formation I knew I could get the yard.

Lucky to have the score be just 23-10. Could've been 31-6 just as easily.

gg You completely took away my WR weapons. Had to just DMBall it up in the 2nd half with Dougie.

Top Bottom