• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

I kind of want another first and/or early 2nd

But if I don't I will accept my fate of 2 decent draft picks and a whole bunch of cool sounding dudes :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Uh what the fuck is going on with player ratings. Eli is currently 64 overall and his important stats went to 70 SAC, 64 MAC, and 75 DAC. They all have green arrows pointing up, confidence modifier is 67 but confidence is at 99. They were all in the 80s last season. He was the top passer in the NFC last season so it's not performance based.

I'm also not clear on why guys that played big roles for me have regressed so much as well. If the system is going to be this intricate EA should release a clear guide as to how this shit works. I went from a franchise QB to a guy that's now worse than his backup. There's no reason for me to pay him $23 mil of cap space this season.

DCX

DCX
Uh what the fuck is going on with player ratings. Eli is currently 64 overall and his important stats went to 70 SAC, 64 MAC, and 75 DAC. They all have green arrows pointing up, confidence modifier is 67 but confidence is at 99. They were all in the 80s last season. He was the top passer in the NFC last season so it's not performance based.

I'm also not clear on why guys that played big roles for me have regressed so much as well. If the system is going to be this intricate EA should release a clear guide as to how this shit works. I went from a franchise QB to a guy that's now worse than his backup. There's no reason for me to pay him $23 mil of cap space this season.
Yea, Roddy speed is like 81 :/ might trade his ass. 7 mill a year for this :/

DCX

brentech

Shouldn't effect him THAT much, but what's his confidence rating?

eznark

Banned
Yeah if you are going to have progression you at least need to have a place where you can fucking see the progression over the years.

brentech

Okay, never-mind.....other people experiencing the same problem

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...ning-rated-69-madden-15-after-one-season.html

From another thread about progression:

So, I've gone through 9 seasons on ccm I felt like giving ya'll my opinion of it.

Firstly, this is by far the best CCM experience i've had. The sim stats aren't perfect (sacks, ints and YPC are off) but after the patch progression is the best it's been.

2. Yes, QB's tank fast. However, only starting QB's of LOSING teams. If matt Ryan has 3 losing seasons in a row it's not out of the question for him to be relegated to backup status. Look at Matt Schaub.

3. There seems to be a good mix of wiley veterans and rookies among the ranks of the elite(except maybe WR). Its all based on how they play and whether they are on a winning team. Im unsure if players on continually terrible teams fail to progress, however year 1 bad teams can become great teams through simulation.

4. I don't know how common this is, but had a 33 year old CB drop from 84 speed to 64 after the end of a season. No injury. I don't know if thats realistic.

5. 9 years through and 36 year old Adrian peterson still at 91 speed and 95 ovr. Marshawn Lynch(35 years old) however has dropped to 83 ovr, 76 speed. It seems semi random whether or not a player will regress. Anywhere from 31- 3x could see a star become a chump. Many of the completely OP players will stay in the league forever however. Also, 32+ year olds who have regressed significantly in the 80 ovr's like to stay in the league. In general wish they would let random injuries reduce player skill on top of poor performance. Probably too many 32+ year olds outside of the QB position.

6. Not much too complain about, the game is more than solid.

eznark

Banned
What a fucking awful and lazy progression implementation.

Jordy Nelson, speed 74. Julius Peppers, speed 83.

Might be my last season.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Okay, never-mind.....other people experiencing the same problem

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...ning-rated-69-madden-15-after-one-season.html

From another thread about progression:
I said it above. 67 modifier but his confidence is 99. I went to his progression page and confidence is +50 for NFC QB of the year and +25 for making the pro bowl. I went to progression recap it's an arbitrary -20 MAC and -17 SAC at the Super Bowl.

Stats last season: 200/341 passing, 58% completion, 19 TDs 15 Ints, 2,920 yards.

I knew other players had to be on the decline after seeing how Bowe's speed dropped. From 88 speed to 69 speed this season

Anybody want Alex Smith or Derrick Johnson

eznark

Banned
I said it above. 67 modifier but his confidence is 99. I went to his progression page and confidence is +50 for NFC QB of the year and +25 for making the pro bowl. I went to progression recap it's an arbitrary -20 MAC and -17 SAC at the Super Bowl.

Stats last season: 200/341 passing, 58% completion, 19 TDs 15 Ints, 2,920 yards.

Where is the progression page?

And this seems like a truly abysmal system for having a competitive league. Make the playoffs in the first year and you're rolling. Miss them, you should probably cut every player on your team and start over.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I like it. Everyone was 99 OVR by season 3 with the old system.
I get the sentiment but c'mon dude my team was edged out of the playoffs and I had a good year with him. To just become worse than most QBs on the benches across the league for no reason is stupid and lazy.

Greg

And this seems like a truly abysmal system for having a competitive league. Make the playoffs in the first year and you're rolling. Miss them, you should probably cut every player on your team and start over.
Develop Players -> Development History -> Progression Recap

and holy shit, I'm depressed I just found this

I can scroll for like 30 seconds at all the losses my team had just from the Super Bowl

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

At the home page go to develop players on the bottom then scroll to the side and hit development history.

brentech

I don't really care if we joke about a guy being slow in real life, if there is an NFL wide receiver, his speed isn't so slow that he'd be rated below an 80 in Madden. That's pretty absurd.

Like this...Robert Meachem, a fast dude in the NFL....doesn't really matter how old he is, he's always been known for his speed. He's now a 77 SPD in Madden.
GTFO

Develop Players -> Development History -> Progression Recap

and holy shit, I'm depressed I just found this

I can scroll for like 30 seconds at all the losses my team had just from the Super Bowl

Holy shit everybody on my team dropped. This shit is fucking broken

Bowe -18 speed

My FS -9 speed

Fuck glad I saw this before the draft.

eznark

Banned
People lose a step IRL all the time. Just view it as an injury he didn't fully recover from.

Jordy Nelson is slower than all of my linebackers. Where exactly can I play him? This has made him unusable. He lost 20% of his speed.

Hahaha oh man this page is amazing. Prior to week 1 Randall Cobb too a THIRTY POINT confidence hit for "not knowing the playbook."

So is EA just randomly throwing shit in??

Looking to trade down fellas

DCX

What you looking for?

Jordy Nelson is slower than all of my linebackers. Where exactly can I play him? This has made him unusable. He lost 20% of his speed.

Hahaha oh man this page is amazing. Prior to week 1 Randall Cobb too a THIRTY POINT confidence hit for "not knowing the playbook."

So is EA just randomly throwing shit in??

My top receiver has 69 speed while my starting FS has low 70s now :(

Every player I signed lost confidence for not knowing the playbook. Some by 50 points.

At least alex smith only lost 20 awareness

So how many people can be in PSN party chat? We doing this for the draft?

Also, are those xp points I have for both Coach stuff AND player development? Or only coach in which case I should use them now? If the latter, I'm guessing I should use it to get the coach bundle discount for 25 percent on all coach stuff? Just means I won't have enough xp to actually benefit off of it right now. Was hoping to use it to level up players quicker so I can get my rookies I'm about to draft up faster.

brentech

Never knew about the development history. This is the saddest thing ever. Even young QB losing accuracy and shit.

So how many people can be in PSN party chat? We doing this for the draft?
Only 8. So it's going to have to be on MUMBLE or a IRC if people want that route

Aqib Talib got +6 catching....

He was one of the only guys on my team who hit his season goal, he's also one of the only guys on my team who progressed...

eznark

Banned
Nelson is slower than 300 pound Mike Daneil, a defensive tackle! Slower than Datone Jones, 284 lb end. Slower than all of my tight ends, slower than my full back. Slower than every defensive starter on my team except BJ Raji.

This is truly pathetic. Wish I had never found this screen.

Never knew about the development history. This is the saddest thing ever. Even young QB losing accuracy and shit.

Only 8. So it's going to have to be on MUMBLE or a IRC if people want that route

Ah, too bad, my PS4 is not in my office. Oh well, I'll follow the thread on my phone if anyone posts in here. This random made up player base to choose from is scary. Would suck so hard to whiff the first over all pick.

Nelson is slower than 300 pound Mike Daneil, a defensive tackle! Slower than Datone Jones, 284 lb end. Slower than all of my tight ends, slower than my full back. Slower than every defensive starter on my team except BJ Raji.

Faster than my best receiver still!

Greg

I wonder if some of these players get bumps at the beginning of next season? maybe the progression always worked like this between seasons, and that screen just makes it look worse than it is

but probably not and they really put a premium on age and season goals

BigAT

Donny's racist against white wide receivers.

eznark

Banned
Donny's racist against white wide receivers.

dwayne_bowe-270(1)(1).bmp

Top Bottom