• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Smokey

Im really digging the multiplayer. Didnt like ghosts, so i switched to counter strike around april this year, so my aiming is still off. But as far as i can tell, they did a really good job with the multiplayer this year. Kinda reminds me of black ops 2. Didnt notice any framedrops on PS4, runs very well.

Lé Blade Runner;136884511 said:
This seems to be the best COD since BLOPS ( as far as early impressions are concerned ). Which means that I'm on board again. Pre-loaded and ready to go on PS4 - can't wait!

mmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmm

and as always, on draft day you can trade without approval so long as a draft pick is involved!

i myself won't partake in any trades as i dont want people to think i'm somehow gaming the system! that and i have no money to take on any contracts anyways. so you enjoy your wheeling and dealing if there is any

rinse82

How many more stages of FA are there?

Annoying that these guys are waiting till last stage to decide - makes it hard for me to know where to scout.

How many more stages of FA are there?

Annoying that these guys are waiting till last stage to decide - makes it hard for me to know where to scout.

none, this is the last stage. i will advance it tonight as planned, then leave it on the stage before the draft so people can still scout

Ferny

ferny i'm going to be on titanfall for a bit

try and get used to the superior x1 sticks in a fps before tomorrow
Sorry I was out getting an eye exam. Ive been playing battlefield some so Im good with the sticks. Just gotta make sure to recharge my batteries.

Colasante

You should all see Nightcrawler. Great film.

Also, CB Brandon Browner is on the trading block. Looking for a very good guard. 85 man coverage, 93 zone coverage, 90 press.

Somnia

Went to Wal-Mart earlier to buy a blu-ray player for my Mom and they have this HUGE area set off near electronics with like 10 HDTV's hooked up and big Monster energy drink tents and tons of Monster stacked up for the COD midnight tomorrow. Guess they're having some big tournament.

BigAT

These new Big Ten additions are great! Thanks for coming on board AT and McNeily!

You know what, you can take yo
ot3sUfx.gif
ot3sUfx.gif
ot3sUfx.gif
ot3sUfx.gif
ot3sUfx.gif
ot3sUfx.gif
ot3sUfx.gif
ot3sUfx.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I'd be willing to trade my first round pick for a good defender or WR. I think its in the 20-25 range

LJ11

I'm pretty fucking sick and the thought of waking up tomorrow for the draft....

Scouting seems much more difficult, randomness should be fun. No UDFAs in the first at least.

Edit: We have one more advance tonight?

I want to cut Peyton and renegotiate a contract with him through FA. But I'm not allowed to. Apparently the day of the last advance is too late. I know right, first time I've ever heard that rule too. Especially since I thought I could do it after the draft since FMT said I could,
FrenchMovieTheme said:
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
So what if I were to pull an AT and cut Peyton then resign him after the draft, perfectly legal?

it's your business brah. no guarantee he will stay available

But of course FMT just didn't read the entire post and just assumed he knew what I was asking. He didn't mean I could actually do that! This was yesterday. I rehash it today cause I have a feeling he misunderstood, and now I can't even do it legally thru FA. I still don't understand why we can't advance in the morning and bid on Peypey tonight.

I understand where you guys are coming from in that I put myself in this situation, but I think being able to do stuff like this is a part of the benefits of having a guy with no money guaranteed.

CB3

Apparently there is some discussion and disagreement on the Peyton Manning situation. Ive literally been gone all day so im just catching up now. So if i have some of the facts wrong, feel free to correct me.

You will not be able to cut Peyton right before the advance in order to have a shot at either making an offer right away before the advance or to race to get him post draft on a 1 year deal where free agents sign on a first come first serve basis. I realize things similar to that have happened in the past, but i sort of remember that being a surprise thing and something i didnt feel super great about afterwards. It games the system in a way it shouldnt.

If you had cut him early and let the FA negotiation process happen and bid on him then, it would have been fine.

Thing is I've been trying to trade him knowing if I don't I can trim $5M off his contract. In the past guaranteed didn't work the way it does now. This should be a benefit to the type of contract I have.

CB3

Thing is I've been trying to trade him knowing if I don't I can trim $5M off his contract. In the past guaranteed didn't work the way it does now. This should be a benefit to the type of contract I have.

Guaranteed and base salaries worked now how they did last year im pretty sure. The bonuses on their contracts cost you in cap penalties if you cut them. cutting people with no bonus was pure cap gain.

Anyways. Since my offseason is fucked due to misunderstandings can I go $5-$10M over the cap and just dock me in 2016 for whatever you allow me to have in 2015?

My entire team is getting a lot guaranteed, if I can't cut Peyton I can't cut anyone.

BigAT

Pretty sure it was Madden 12, since it was on that third party website we used, not in game. So closer to 3 years ago.

CB3

No.

Also if i remember right i think the game doesnt let you start a game unless your under the cap? I might be mis-remembering that.

Top Bottom