• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

DJ Bowser

Lupe is good and I like him.

But what I've heard from Kendrick so far, K mops the floor

Bruh. Bruh...

Lupe's Lamborghini Angels is the best lyric since Bob Dylan's Idiot Wind.

I speak only from the context of lyrics as poetry. Not musical prowess Not production values. Lupe's mastery of the language leaves me (as a writer) angry. He's a genius.

The thing he cant do is make a good album since The Cool.

Food and Liquor 2 has some amazing songs and even Lasers has some gems.

TheCrow

He was in them? AJ Styles was too. Fuckin' a.
I knew there was someone else just forgot about him. I mean it's hard to blame them. Guaranteed pay and the hard bumps in those matches aren't going to be leading to potential career ending injuries. It's leagues better than how far Sunny has fallen.

DJ Bowser

I knew there was someone else just forgot about him. I mean it's hard to blame them. Guaranteed pay and the hard bumps in those matches aren't going to be leading to potential career ending injuries. It's leagues better than how far Sunny has fallen.

As far as I know, there's really nothing compromising about them. They're just marketed to fetishists. They get paid similar or better to other shows and can do a few low-impact matches in one sitting, get a decent payday, and be done with it. Can't blame them at all.

It really is amazing to see what Seth Rollins became. I wasn't a fan of him back in ROH to be honest.

DJ Bowser

Whoa we found the one person still on Lupe's jock

Yeah. I'm not a trend whore. I'm still on Bob Dylan, Paul Simon, Roger Waters, and Ray Davies' jocks as well.

Lupe is a lyrical great. And not just as a writer, cadence counts. I love his flow.

This is why we're friends!

I factor in the cadence and flow as a part of the writing as I doubt anyone really goes in depth into writing without incorporating the planned rhythm into it.

DJ Bowser

As you guys amuse yourselves watching my old wrassling videos- please bear in mind that all the videos on youtube are from when I was 17 or 18 with between 1-2 years in the business. I'm embarrassed at some of the gaffes and lack of smoothness in those matches.

Also one of the matches that is for some reason still on youtube was in a broken ring so the entire match was improvised to try and not hit the ropes and only take bumps in the one or two spots that weren't completely fucked up.

I got a lot better and was charismatic as all hell later (especially during my two years in Memphis) but have no footage of that time and likely never will as the promoter of the company I worked for the most (weekly) is now in prison.

DJ Bowser

Is that a shoot or a work

Shoot. He may die in prison. The great tragedy is that my promos from the period will be lost. It was after I stopped taking wrestling seriously and cut these weekly, minute-long Ultimate Warrior-esque psychedelic promos that always concluded with a divine or spiritual figure espousing the virtues of dance.

I became a hit among the locals.

Sokantish

the best player in the game at the most important position in the game was worth a 1st, 3rd and 4th?

one time luke traded for adrian peterson. he was not the best player in the league, and he was a running back which we know are a dime a dozen. do you know what he paid for that? literally his entire draft
I remember people saying I was dumb for only getting that much from Luke too. Then Bowser gets Rodgers for that!

DCX

DCX
I don't rank...I didn't get Boswer wrassling video PM :(

I thought we were friends CB..you cut me deep!

DCX

Somnia

the best player in the game at the most important position in the game was worth a 1st, 3rd and 4th?

one time luke traded for adrian peterson. he was not the best player in the league, and he was a running back which we know are a dime a dozen. do you know what he paid for that? literally his entire draft

First did I get enough for Rodgers? Nope, but as has been said many times no one else offered anything. I mentioned in multiple streams and in the thread he was up for trade.

I've said before I got rid of any older QB costing me 28m when I couldn't afford to get to 53 players on my roster. I wasn't going to cut someone for nothing either. If someone offered more I would have gone that route.

If memory serves Luke made that trade because he couldn't make the draft. Also that trade is just as bad but in a different direction. How many times have you seen a trade like that IRL? Once? Don't use it as an example of how we trade top players in this league.

No one complained about the Rodgers trade in the thread or discord when it happened. No one complained till Bowser for to the playoffs and then the superbowl, say what you want but his pieces around Rodgers made that team. He had a top offense prior to last season.

DCX

DCX
First did I get enough for Rodgers? Nope, but as has been said many times no one else offered anything. I mentioned in multiple streams and in the thread he was up for trade.

I've said before I got rid of any older QB costing me 28m when I couldn't afford to get to 53 players on my roster. I wasn't going to cut someone for nothing either. If someone offered more I would have gone that route.

If memory serves Luke made that trade because he couldn't make the draft. Also that trade is just as bad but in a different direction. How many times have you seen a trade like that IRL? Once? Don't use it as an example of how we trade top players in this league.

No one complained about the Rodgers trade in the thread or discord when it happened. No one complained till Bowser for to the playoffs and then the superbowl, say what you want but his pieces around Rodgers made that team. He had a top offense prior to last season.
all true points. I couldn't make it to season 1 draft and I traded my picks for Atkins. 2-7.

I'm getting shit for trading Atkins for a first this season. Boswer went all in and it paid off. You got what you could.

I tried trading Matt Ryan but got no offers and I cut him. So I got nothing. I was offered a 5th round pick for Darryl Washington. I refused becuase I felt it was BS to trade extremely good LB for peanuts just for the sake of getting something for nothing. I chose nothing ( cap space ) and let the guy bid for him. He did and didn't get him. Oh well lol

I assumed Rodgers would retire or regress but that's why he's Godgers.

DCX

I didn't complain about it when it happened because I had no idea he was on the market and it pretty much slipped through the cracks. I never saw he was up for trade in the thread but that's on me. I still can't believe nobody offered you something better.

You can sure as hell bet if you ever went to me with that trade I would demand you get WAY more than a single first. I had offered Eznark at least two and that wasn't enough. The way it should be for the GOAT.

The way I see these drafts is that firsts are valuable but it can be totally varying based on where you pick. Seconds are good too but obviously not the same home run as firsts. From the third on you can get good picks but it is largely becoming a crapshoot at that point.

eznark

Banned
I finally wrote down a name. Of a guy I want to draft if he is around in the 5th.

Yeah, I always desperately wanted to trade Rodgers but I still pretend this is a sim league so I always wanted basically two full drafts. Now that he is post 34 in game though one draft should suffice.

A first and a third? Fucking stupid.

rinse82

I didn't complain about it when it happened because I had no idea he was on the market and it pretty much slipped through the cracks. I never saw he was up for trade in the thread but that's on me. I still can't believe nobody offered you something better.

You can sure as hell bet if you ever went to me with that trade I would demand you get WAY more than a single first. I had offered Eznark at least two and that wasn't enough. The way it should be for the GOAT.

The way I see these drafts is that firsts are valuable but it can be totally varying based on where you pick. Seconds are good too but obviously not the same home run as firsts. From the third on you can get good picks but it is largely becoming a crapshoot at that point.

Yeah, if you do your scouting properly, everyone in the 1st should get someone immediately serviceable to their team.

Yeah my first picks this time will be getting players who are clear upgrades. Although damn another TE and I could have the greatest jumbo package ever.....

rinse82

Yeah my first picks this time will be getting players who are clear upgrades. Although damn another TE and I could have the greatest jumbo package ever.....

You know you want to...

giphy.gif

Somnia

I finally wrote down a name. Of a guy I want to draft if he is around in the 5th.

Yeah, I always desperately wanted to trade Rodgers but I still pretend this is a sim league so I always wanted basically two full drafts. Now that he is post 34 in game though one draft should suffice.

A first and a third? Fucking stupid.

It was a first, two thirds and a fourth. That first 3rd was an earlier 3rd which I got a starter out of. Doesn't change the fact it wasn't enough for Rodgers, but I had a few factors that pushed me into it as I've said before, including that I assumed he would retire within 2 seasons and with how this league has been going I assumed we would go longer so I wanted a younger QB and that draft had some good ones.

rinse82

If I can get a starter or two I'd be ecstatic - but right now just looking to add some nice depth pieces.

I'm bringing back the same team but with Flacco at QB instead of Manuel, and Harvin will re-assume the #2 WR spot with Woods gone.

Have a bit of a hole at DT with Williams retiring, so Arthur Jones just a stop-gap. DT's in this draft don't look that good though.

Just gonna go BPA and see what happens.

eznark

Banned
Brees refuses to retire. He is annoying me to no end.

It was a first, two thirds and a fourth. That first 3rd was an earlier 3rd which I got a starter out of. Doesn't change the fact it wasn't enough for Rodgers, but I had a few factors that pushed me into it as I've said before, including that I assumed he would retire within 2 seasons and with how this league has been going I assumed we would go longer so I wanted a younger QB and that draft had some good ones.

Why would you assume Rodgers would retire at like 35? Sounds like trying to retrofit an excuse on your bad decisions friend.

Somnia

Brees refuses to retire. He is annoying me to no end.

Why would you assume Rodgers would retire at like 35? Sounds like trying to retrofit an excuse on your bad decisions friend.

I'm not retrofitting shit, I've said from the outset I couldn't afford $28 million or even have enough money to sign players to get to 53, this was a decision I made and I don't regret it. I got a younger starting QB, a starting RB, a starting defensive linemen out of the deal. Even others assumed Rodgers would retire soon.

In the end I'm not good at Madden, I know this and everyone else does. It doesn't matter if I have the best QB on my team or my new younger QB, the outcome would be the same. I made a decision to trade him, this was the only offer I got so I took it.

eznark

Banned
I'm super confused. Why would anyone assume Rodgers would retire? He's never retired before in any madden league. I don't think Alex Smith has either. Have any of the QB starters drafted 2004 or after retired in a madden league?

You traded him when he was 33.

I'm not commenting on your ability at Madden, I'm asking if there is something I don't know about this game that I've overlooked forever. It always seemed to me that QB's take God damned forever to retire.

Somnia

I'm super confused. Why would anyone assume Rodgers would retire? He's never retired before in any madden league. I don't think Alex Smith has either. Have any of the QB starters drafted 2004 or after retired in a madden league?

You traded him when he was 33.

I'm not commenting on your ability at Madden, I'm asking if there is something I don't know about this game that I've overlooked forever. It always seemed to me that QB's take God damned forever to retire.

I'm pretty sure he was 34 when he was traded and will be 36 this season? I could be off on that though.

I know you didn't comment on my ability at Madden, I was just making my point that it don't matter who I have at QB lol

On a side note, this mod for XCOM 2 that get's rid of all the small delays between actions is amazing.

eznark

Banned
Is Eli retired? Or is Cutler the only outlier? Was Cutler injured or anything? That seems real dumb.

I know you didn't comment on my ability at Madden, I was just making my point that it don't matter who I have at QB lol
No but trading a guy like Rodgers has a significant impact on the competitive balance of the league. Usually I am a laissez faire proponent on trades but when you are talking about a guy like Rodgers that trade really should have been vetoed. In real terms Bowser basically got him for free. I actually stopped playing because the garbage I was doing with Rodgers out of frustration sort of fundamentally changed the league (it's why Sanjuro's fuckball is basically unacceptable once Confidence points were introduced). Then you come in and give him away!

I am become death, destroyer of worlds

eznark

Banned
Eli is retired, most of the QBs from that era actually are. I would say Brees and Roethlisberger are kind of the outliers actually.

That might be to most accurate thing EA ever sims in Madden.

I wonder if there is an age/regression formula they use or it's just totally random. Like if Carr has to toil under soka for another two years and regresses to like 78 overall will he retire at 27?

Somnia

Open beta for The Division this weekend BTW, almost forgot!

I also have the Black Desert Online closed beta this weekend too...

Somnia

What's black desert online?

It's a B2P (guild wars 2/eso model) MMO. It's more of a sandbox mmo though, its not the theme park ride like all the others. Doesn't have your typical dungeon/raid set up, its more like Ultima Online with just an open sandbox. Along with a focus on PVP and Guild Sieges in the end game.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Is there like an offseason weak where players do an overall progression/regression, like in the older days, or is everything built off of XP and confidence?

eznark

Banned
My folks are in town again this weekend. And my clubs should be in Thursday. I'm just not meant to play the Destiny beta.

I spent like two hours testing the new Ping G LS and the Callaway XR16 drivers yesterday. God they are sexy,

BigAT

Is there like an offseason weak where players do an overall progression/regression, like in the older days, or is everything built off of XP and confidence?

Pretty sure all regression happens immediately after the season is over and that's it. Does anyone actual progress during that period? I think it's regression only, I don't recall any of my players getting better.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
ok, so how do players "get good" beyond building up and spending xp? Looking at various people's roster's, and I can spot a couple of 2nd year players (1st draft I'm assuming) that have hit the 90's in OVR, and I can't imagine any rookies starting that high.

Also, is it just me, or do the Dolphins only have 1 WR?

Top Bottom