• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

DJ Bowser

Can we just add:

Speed: 92
Accel: 92
Ctch:91
CIT: 93
Spec Ctch: 89

Would the CPU have drafted Birdman a better player there? Possibly- but I imagine Bridgewater would have gotten a back up.

I kind of regret doing it because I may draft a bust, but now I have the opportunity to get Marquise Goodwin in the game.

BigAT

Since somehow DCX knows.

Birdman gave up his first for Terrence Williams.

Not ideal value at all (I think Birdles lost big and told him that), but Birdles also was going to miss the draft so I also said "go with god."

Anything is better value than what the CPU will give you from the draft.

Somnia

I think Birdman did ok with that since he can't make the draft. T Williams in game is actually pretty good compard to RL Williams.

Nah, fuck that trade. I said it privately and I'll say it publicly. I get that Birdman won't be here but Bowser has very little leverage with Williams. If I'm trading with him no way is he getting a first round for what we all know is his #3 WR. I would rather let him rot there and take a CPU gamble than help him benefit from yet another stupid trade just because another owner is desperate to get rid of an asset. Second round is the highest he would have received from me.

eznark

Banned
Nah, fuck that trade. I said it privately and I'll say it publicly. I get that Birdman won't be here but Bowser has very little leverage with Williams. If I'm trading with him no way is he getting a first round for what we all know is his #3 WR. I would rather let him rot there and take a CPU gamble than help him benefit from yet another stupid trade just because another owner is desperate to get rid of an asset. Second round is the highest he would have received from me.

It's like a fraction of the impact of the Rodgers trade. You guys set the bar. Deal with it.

rinse82

You can't really look at a deal like that though.

All things being equal, and forgetting who is getting what, you wouldn't call that a horribly unfair trade.

Just because a guy has a wealth of assets, doesn't mean we need to be assessing the fairness of his trades differently.

We weren't allowed to veto the trade. Thank god that rule is going to cease its existence next year.

Bowser has now gotten Aaron Rodgers for a 1st, 3rd, and 4th, as well as receiving a first for his #3 receiver because someone wanted to dump Rodgers and the other has to dump his pick because he can't make it. I hate the deals but can't hate on his ability to exploit the market at the right time. Truly some Smokey-in-2k-league shades here.

I get what you guys are saying I just wish people would set higher prices!

DCX

DCX
CPU fuckery is legendary. Ask FMT when he was dead set on that Jack English fellow and the CPU drafted him an offensive lineman.

DCX

DJ Bowser

We weren't allowed to veto the trade. Thank god that rule is going to cease its existence next year.

Bowser has now gotten Aaron Rodgers for a 1st, 3rd, and 4th, as well as receiving a first for his #3 receiver because someone wanted to dump Rodgers and the other has to dump his pick because he can't make it. I hate the deals but can't hate on his ability to exploit the market at the right time. Truly some Smokey-in-2k-league shades here.

I get what you guys are saying I just wish people would set higher prices!

Two thirds (one of which was basically a second) in the Rodgers deal. Still grand, but yeah.

Also, what if I told you Birdman offered an additional pick and I told him that I would feel like I would be swindling him and told him just the first was fine?

Two thirds (one of which was basically a second) in the Rodgers deal.

Also, what if I told you Birdman offered an additional pick and I told him that I would feel like I would be swindling him and told him just the first was fine?
If you told me that I would be extremely disappointed in Birdman. Doesn't change the fact that the deal is still trash and that you are an excellent opportunist.

And lol at you saying two thirds like it changes how shitty and stupid the deal was

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I too thought it was a bad trade and told him before hand but couldnt really stop them from doing it.

I get he couldnt make it to the draft and didnt want to leave it to the CPU, but i think he could have gotten better with that pick.

Atleast bowser lost his second best receiver
Kappa

This league is getting progressively more unfun to play in with the 2k style fuckery with trades. There were two reasons I stopped playing in GAF 2k leagues, 1 the game sucked back then, and 2 some people morphed their teams into unholy messes.

Sanity is not prevailing here.

CB3

I didnt mind the trades in the 2k leagues because the NBA is more trade friendly to begin with (other than the famous smokey swindles. Though it wasnt his fault. It was the people he was dealing with).

2GNCdQx.gif

Somnia

lol people definitely need to relax over this shit.

I'm just sick of having to discuss my trade, it's done and over. I even admit I got swindled, but I chose to do it and am living with it. I'm rebuilding my team (to be a .500 team!) and am rolling with it.

I acted within the rules of the league for trades as they were set, if they change them then I'll continue to act within the rules of the league for trades. There are some people doing way worse shit in the game itself so it is what it is.

Just sick of people acting like there haven't been messed up trades in the past.

brentech

Even with "cannot be fired" turned on, OOTP would still fire Somnia for that trade. I don't care how you can or can't use a QB, a top tier high everything QB doesn't leave a roster without getting two firsts, probably two seconds and some mid round from the first draft.
Money be damned, that's not the traders problem in such a situation.

Sadly, TLBB and Bowser are both the Rommels of this league. Except Rommel has learned to approach his trades a lot better than TLBB seems to.

i don't ever remember you being in a league. ever

It was one year and it was probably like 10 years ago now. It was on the 360. I had the Nuggets. If I remember correctly jump shots were impossible so everyone who knew that just traded all their shooters for guys who could drive and spent the entire game dunking.

I think I quit after Jobber beat me by like 40 or something.

The draft pick swindling in Madden GAF tempers my excitement for playing more than 3 seasons more than any other aspect of the game.

Somnia

Even with "cannot be fired" turned on, OOTP would still fire Somnia for that trade. I don't care how you can or can't use a QB, a top tier high everything QB doesn't leave a roster without getting two firsts, probably two seconds and some mid round from the first draft.
Money be damned, that's not the traders problem in such a situation.

Sadly, TLBB and Bowser are both the Rommels of this league. Except Rommel has learned to approach his trades a lot better than TLBB seems to.

I've said my piece on my trade, I'm done discussing it. You guys can keep whining about it, it's the past and I'm focusing on this season.

rinse82

Other than the Rodgers trade which we will not speak of anymore, the trades haven't been THAT bad.

At least not bad enough to make people act like they're about to slit their wrists over this shit.

Edit: I just ordered a SFV Mad Catz fightpad, I've made a huge mistake haven't I?

Somnia

Other than the Rodgers trade which we will not speak of anymore, the trades haven't been THAT bad.

At least not bad enough to make people act like they're about to slit their wrists over this shit.

Edit: I just ordered a SFV Mad Catz fightpad, I've made a huge mistake haven't I?

The bolded is what I'm sick of, they're acting like I destroyed the league or some crap. I'm sorry, but no.

Nobody is at that level of frustration or anger. Nobody acting like you ruined the league. You've just heard us tell you the trade sucks and a lot of people have said that. You're making it worse than it really is

Somnia

Nobody is at that level of frustration or anger. Nobody acting like you ruined the league. You've just heard us tell you the trade sucks and a lot of people have said that. You're making it worse than it really is

Actually more than one person has said I broke the league in twitch chats and said I've ruined it.

BigAT

They haven't added controller support to SF5 yet. It's future DLC.

ok well we aren't in a twitch chat and the person who said it is probably somebody who is often hyperbolic. like eznark

it's whatever, but we are as free to talk shit as you are to making the deals you wanna make

CB3

You are probably taking those things a bit too seriously. Twitch chat is about as facetious as it gets.

Somnia

ok well we aren't in a twitch chat and the person who said it is probably somebody who is often hyperbolic. like eznark

it's whatever, but we are as free to talk shit as you are to making the deals you wanna make

I'm ok with people talking shit and hating on my trade, I defended it as I saw fit. It's the other part I am sick of is all.

edit: I'd agree CB if they didn't continue to say it other places.

I'm ok with people talking shit and hating on my trade, I defended it as I saw fit. It's the other part I am sick of is all.

edit: I'd agree CB if they didn't continue to say it other places.
oh please LOL you know damn well we talk shit at every possible moment whether we are here, in mumble, on twitch, or PSN

Top Bottom