• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

I go into my bye week with much pondering and a long road back to salvation of a .500 record.

Jimmy's time will come, and with it we will make the Bears Great Again!

eznark

Banned
Steph Curry and Andre Ingoudala were just interviewed on Morning Drive. Jesus fuck they both have beautiful golf swings. Apparently Curry is a scratch golfer. Good lord.

Smokey

Steph Curry and Andre Ingoudala were just interviewed on Morning Drive. Jesus fuck they both have beautiful golf swings. Apparently Curry is a scratch golfer. Good lord.

I expected you to claim to have never heard of Steph Curry, because reasons.

Somnia

So I'm on a bye right now... but I might not be around this weekend much if at all for my game against LJ. My Dad's girlfriend has surgery scheduled this Thursday for her Brain Aneurysm in Chicago and I am going up with him for that. I might be back and able to play this weekend, but nothing is set in stone, I will keep you guys updated.

eznark

Banned
I expected you to claim to have never heard of Steph Curry, because reasons.

We were talking about him in dota the other night when he hit that 32 footer and they told me he was like breaking basketball or something and I remember him from Davidson. I had no idea that he was some massive pro star though. He has a damn fine golf swing.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
We were talking about him in dota the other night when he hit that 32 footer and they told me he was like breaking basketball or something and I remember him from Davidson. I had no idea that he was some massive pro star though. He has a damn fine golf swing.
The whole team is ridiculous.

During that game Saturday night he went 12/16 from 3 point range. That is off the charts offensive efficiency - scored 36 points on those 16 shots. That's saying you would make 16 trips as a team down the court and score a 2 point bucket on each trip, your opponent will miss four shots of their 16 and you would still lose. Thats unheard of.

Splat

Saw a video on Facebook yesterday that showed him at 68% from outside of 28ft. Wtf.

He's on pace to break the record (his own) for most made 3's in a season by 40 percent. Era differences and all but (from here):
"Larry Bird is widely regarded as one of the best 3-point shooters in history, but he also played in an era where the shot was used more sparingly. If Curry does finish the season around 400 3-pointers made, that would be more than Bird’s four most-prolific 3-point shooting seasons combined."

We just hit March and I think he already broke his own record at number of threes made in a season. He also has made almost as many threes as several teams.

The guy can comfortably pull up from 35 and hit those shots at a higher rate than most people at anything else.

LukeSmith

Inside the Numbers playoff preview edition:

Birdman basically just needs to win one more game and he clinches the division.

It's not even about math, like a bunch of people aren't even going to get to six wins in that division it seems.

That drop by your rb where he leaked out was brutal. I also got away with a couple balls that should've been picked
shit happens, it's football. yeah i have a big regret going for the slants there...it was second down i could have saved it. it was pete Carroll like, but I thought motes had a significant route running advantage and didn't think it would be jumped but it was cover 2

I may take slants and curls out of my rep, but mostly curls. those are routes I like to throw before my guy makes his break but sometimes the DB breaks more

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
We just hit March and I think he already broke his own record at number of threes made in a season. He also has made almost as many threes as several teams.

The guy can comfortably pull up from 35 and hit those shots at a higher rate than most people at anything else.

Watch the highlight from Saturday night, the guy is so far out the defender isn't even up on him because of the distance. Can't even blame the guy.

He will be the best shooter in NBA history.

And he could have been a Knick.

But if that happened we wouldn't be seeing what we see today.
Fuck you.

Watch the highlight from Saturday night, the guy is so far out the defender isn't even up on him because of the distance. Can't even blame the guy.

Fuck you.
If you snapshot the exact moment Curry pulls up, the camera is still catching up and the line isn't visible.

07EBB0C4-C604-4110-BD6C-6A19CE76093D.jpg

Smokey

The problem is you can't really do anything to stop that squad. If you double Curry, Klay will murder you. The man scored 36 points in a quarter. You take Klay away then Green and Curry are open. You get in a zone and it'll get busted in 3 possessions.

In other words gg

They're really good at getting themselves great shots. They're also really good at making terrible shots. That's how the Heat got beat!

Bread

Banned
Curry is alright but he doesn't have That Look.

curry is not a player I like as far as his acctual look (doesnt look like a drug deal as some were saying) he looks very plain and maybe some of his looks play into his popularity not being higher. But I feel this way about a lot of guys in today's game. No one really has that look. Lebron sort of has it and maybe a few others here and there. Jordan, magic, Bird , shaq, even kobe really have a more stand out look. today's guys (a lot of them) give me that Derek Fisher sort of look and no matter how good Derek was his look and personality never gave much feeling to me. I know it's a bit of a silly idea but of course the look of something has it's own place in feeling. So before anyone starts to make jokes or fun of it, movies have casting for days for this very reason.

In today's game, who do you feel has the look? Even if their skill is mid grade. Is there a rodman out there?

BigAT

Apparently he is the Stephen Curry of making shitty posts.

It's strange for me but I've been a better long range shooter than mid. I was making 17 out of 20 behind the arc when I was seven.

I've consistently made half court shots first try. And I've played horse where I had a line 25 foot in the air and further out than half court. Going over that line just in front you first then going the distance to drop the ball from way up high and nothing but bet. Others trying the same would have the ball land 20 feet awayfrom the rim. I don't know why I'm a really good long diatance shooter but I think it's from and how I shoot. In long distance that form is probably more natural to how I had to push the ball more hard when I was young. So when I'm far out. I push more hard and go back to that natural motion that I did well with since I was 5. That's my guess logically

I don't think they will win. I agree with Charles and Shaq. Curry has to be touched up. Just letting him dribble around and shoot without a few fouks isn't working. He doesn't he look good when he drives in for a layup.

Maybe this year we will see some more aggressive defense like the hack a Shaq movement.

He's a great shooter without a doubt but when I grew up you were definitely taught to get in people's heads more and let them know they aren't getting shots on you without getting a few fouls. It's always part of the game. You don't hurt anyone but you let them know your there. I feel people are taught not to foul on threes but this is a different situation.

If he already has a high percentage shot at three, of course you go.with a hard foul and make him make three for three. And you may get him to question the shot and disrupt his game. No one is doing it and he is just running around like NBA Jam but with no defense

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
People are just dumb.

That behind the back crossover to fading 3-pointer he hit vs. the Thunder was just one of the dirtiest fucking things ive seen in a long time.

I love when peoples suggestions are shit like,

1. You've got to retaliate and show people you won't take it anymore! (About Blake)
---Sure, so he gets suspended several games and screws his team over in the process!

2. You've got to foul him hard, put him on the ground.
---And this makes people shrink? They're going to try and kill you even more next time. Also these fouls are likely to be flagrants because you can only go so far with it.

People who live in the 80s and 90s are so dumb. I'm glad I don't visit that shit anymore.

BigAT

He used to annoy the halo 5 thread after release and everyone hated him there. Surprised he's still around after all this blatant trolling.

I think I remember him from being an incredibly shitty poster during one of the Always Sunny seasons. Did he use to have a James Franco avatar?

Bread

Banned
I think I remember him from being an incredibly shitty poster during one of the Always Sunny seasons. Did he use to have a James Franco avatar?
That might have been Jack remington, think he had the James Franco in pineapple express avatar. Always Sunny threads Always Suck though. Half the people in there started watching at like season 6 and think the first 3 are the worst seasons.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Does anyone here have any particularly strong feelings either way on Project X Zone? Never played the first one and ive been curious since the second game came out a few weeks ago.

Does anyone here have any particularly strong feelings either way on Project X Zone? Never played the first one and ive been curious since the second game came out a few weeks ago.

I played the demo for the first one. Its incredibly slow paced even by SRPG standards, with A LOT of talking and A LOT of repetitive over the top battle animations.

It really felt like it was more about fan service than being a good game, but admittedly my sample of it is really low.

Drizz you made me learn something important

That I need to run the ball. I thought I learnt this but I keep forgetting.

You picked him off with under 2 minutes to go and proceeded to throw 3 straight passes, the third of which was picked. If you took 3 knees and punted he would've had the ball at his own 45 or so with ~45-50 seconds to go. Instead you handed him the ball at the 25 with 1:20ish and 1 time out.

Edit:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/1/111...-let-you-play-your-games-on-windows-pc-or-mac

Drafting from places besides my couch!

I played the demo for the first one. Its incredibly slow paced even by SRPG standards, with A LOT of talking and A LOT of repetitive over the top battle animations.

It really felt like it was more about fan service than being a good game, but admittedly my sample of it is really low.

You picked him off with under 2 minutes to go and proceeded to throw 3 straight passes, the third of which was picked. If you took 3 knees and punted he would've had the ball at his own 45 or so with ~45-50 seconds to go. Instead you handed him the ball at the 25 with 1:20ish and 1 time out.

Edit:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/1/111...-let-you-play-your-games-on-windows-pc-or-mac

Drafting from places besides my couch!

"What would the Patriots do?" That is what goes through my head sometimes, and most of the time I think "running is for suckas, pass it, they would never expect it!"

Smokey

What did the NFL thread do now? Why did eznark declare it dead? Its always been a circle jerk anyways, what's different this time?

BigAT

That might have been Jack remington, think he had the James Franco in pineapple express avatar. Always Sunny threads Always Suck though. Half the people in there started watching at like season 6 and think the first 3 are the worst seasons.

I think you're right. Maybe all Jacks just suck.

"What would the Patriots do?" That is what goes through my head sometimes, and most of the time I think "running is for suckas, pass it, they would never expect it!"

If only you had just watched someone run their way to a Super Bowl championship and there was some precedent for doing it.

Top Bottom