• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

LukeSmith

I see no problems with Screen pass and throw elsewhere. I'd never thought to do it, but with all of the rampant LB/Safety play you can punish the user player.

Pick your poison.

Greg

some are so good at covering them that you're pissing away a down if you limit yourself to one target for the play

until they add a throw the ball at the screen target's feet button like in real life NFL, it's the safest option!

some are so good at covering them that you're pissing away a down if you limit yourself to one target for the play

until they add a throw the ball at the screen target's feet button like in real life NFL, it's the safest option!

you can just click in right stick to throw the ball away. you won't be penalized for intentional grounding

Greg

I swear I've gotten penalized for it before!

and sometimes you get caught in that long release animation with how the QB is dropping back during a screen, and it leaves you open for fumble

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
yeah that silencer on your team was playing his first match of dota i think.

Oh shit you were watching? How did I do how can I improve? I did pretty well with my ult timing I thought I just couldn't finish dudes off. They kept using their magic resist spells. I think I accidentally healed someone

Bread

Banned
this is true. think of the RB's we see in the draft and the league. have you seen any RB's with upper 90's speed? i haven't!
top Rbs like le'veon are so valuable in franchise mode this year, the rookie classes are lacking. there are a ton of high strength RBs though so that's cool.

Somnia

GG Trasher... Nothing seemed to work, my guys were dropping everything it felt like till the very end. That pick you got to end the half was hilarious.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Oh shit you were watching? How did I do how can I improve? I did pretty well with my ult timing I thought I just couldn't finish dudes off. They kept using their magic resist spells. I think I accidentally healed someone

I was only casually watching but I think an easy way for you to improve is to solidify your starting items and know what you're buying for the rest of the game so you dont have to think about it during. I saw you started out with things like a circlet and mantle of intelligence. You dont really need that stuff.

For example. At the start of the game always buy atleast the Courier and 1 ward (if they havent been purchased already). You may have to buy two depending on if you are solo support/the other support is a jerk. That should leave enough to start with tango's and two iron wood branches that can later be used to buy Mekansm later on.

First item is always Tranquil Boots on lich.
Second item is Mek (though you should make sure someone else doesnt already have it or is planning on getting it. If so, skip.)
Aghs Scepter is usually my third item on lich. It makes his ult better than it already is.

From there, you can get force staff, glimmer cape, euls, sheep stick, ect. Though the game would have to be going long for you to reach that amount of farm at this point. Remember to keep the map warded + TP's on you too. If you follow a build like that one, you dont have to spend as much time looking through the shop to see what to buy during the game and you dont need to waste early gold on components like Circlet that will be wasted because you wont be using them to build into anything.

Oh and the other small think i noticed is that you early your nuke (Q) as your first skill. Instead, level your E (the one that sacrifices the creep for mana). If you wait by your barracks when the clock hits 0:00 when the creeps spawn and eat a creep immediately, It pushes the wave closer to your tower so your carry can farm a bit more safely, as well as denying the enemy some gold and XP.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
http://multitwitch.tv/frenchmovietheme/thelostbigboss/wellingtongaf

I was only casually watching but I think an easy way for you to improve is to solidify your starting items and know what you're buying for the rest of the game so you dont have to think about it during. I saw you started out with things like a circlet and mantle of intelligence. You dont really need that stuff.

For example. At the start of the game always buy atleast the Courier and 1 ward (if they havent been purchased already). You may have to buy two depending on if you are solo support/the other support is a jerk. That should leave enough to start with tango's and two iron wood branches that can later be used to buy Mekansm later on.

First item is always Tranquil Boots on lich.
Second item is Mek (though you should make sure someone else doesnt already have it or is planning on getting it. If so, skip.)
Aghs Scepter is usually my third item on lich. It makes his ult better than it already is.

From there, you can get force staff, glimmer cape, euls, sheep stick, ect. Though the game would have to be going long for you to reach that amount of farm at this point. Remember to keep the map warded + TP's on you too. If you follow a build like that one, you dont have to spend as much time looking through the shop to see what to buy during the game and you dont need to waste early gold on components like Circlet that will be wasted because you wont be using them to build into anything.

Oh and the other small think i noticed is that you early your nuke (Q) as your first skill. Instead, level your E (the one that sacrifices the creep for mana). If you wait by your barracks when the clock hits 0:00 when the creeps spawn and eat a creep immediately, It pushes the wave closer to your tower so your carry can farm a bit more safely, as well as denying the enemy some gold and XP.

Wow thanks dude. That was very helpful. I did struggle with the items right off the bat, I bought a ward and didn't get to set it before the fighting started. Then I thought I could get bracers so I bought the circlets to try and make myself less squishy but that didn't help too much.

Splat said the same thing about the E skill. I will keep that in mind.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
http://multitwitch.tv/frenchmovietheme/thelostbigboss/wellingtongaf

Wow thanks dude. That was very helpful. I did struggle with the items right off the bat, I bought a ward and didn't get to set it before the fighting started. Then I thought I could get bracers so I bought the circlets to try and make myself less squishy but that didn't help too much.

Splat said the same thing about the E skill. I will keep that in mind.

yeah i see the reasoning for the bracer build. I remember the guides i was using when i started told me to build bracers on everyone. Sometimes even two. But I think usually when you are that new, 75% of the times you die, the bracers wouldnt really help. You were probably caught out of position and gang banged by 2/3 guys who would have killed you regardless.

The shop is a big hurdle to get over early on. Another pro-tip, shift clicking an item in the shop will put it in your quick buy box on the bottom next to the TP icon so you can quickly buy the components there without bring up the shop every time. Its also especially useful if you are about to die, that way you can buy out your items that you may have enough gold for. It can limit the loss from the death.

cdyhybrid

yeah i see the reasoning for the bracer build. I remember the guides i was using when i started told me to build bracers on everyone. Sometimes even two. But I think usually when you are that new, 75% of the times you die, the bracers wouldnt really help. You were probably caught out of position and gang banged by 2/3 guys who would have killed you regardless.

The shop is a big hurdle to get over early on. Another pro-tip, shift clicking an item in the shop will put it in your quick buy box on the bottom next to the TP icon so you can quickly buy the components there without bring up the shop every time. Its also especially useful if you are about to die, that way you can buy out your items that you may have enough gold for. It can limit the loss from the death.
And hotkey quickbuy. So if you're about to die you can buy the items without having to click on them.

LukeSmith

Towelie_2.jpg

GG Welli. I knew it was going to be a different type of game when I DIDNT give up a 60 yard TD to Beckham on the first drive like the last 4 games lol.

GG. Fuck this game. Can't believe this game. I'm sorry but I deserved that win. That comeback was amazing, 3 user picks in the second half to make up a 22 point difference and go up by 1, or something I can't remember, 23? The I sack him to the 50 on 3rd down while he was in FG range. And he concerts 4th and 17 with 4 seconds in the clock. Fuck this game. You played well on offense. White plus Jeffrey is hard to stop.

Tannehill: 69.2, 22/35, 260 yds, 2 TDs, 3 INTS // 2 rushes, 19 yards.
Miller: 16 carries, 54 yards, 2 TDs // 3 rec, 40 yds
Cameron: 7 rec, 95 yds, 2 TDs
Lucas: 6 Tkls, 1 Sack, 1 INT, 1 TD

Smith: 81.0, 20/39, 390 yds, 4 TDs, 4 INTs
Barner: 15 carries, 73 yds // 6 rec, 48 yds, 1 TD
White: 6 rec, 124 yds, 1 TD
Hart: 4 TKl, 1 TfL, 1 INT

My 4th and 17 was terrible, but I panicked. Thought I had it no matter what if I brought the flat DB up with my safeties and the way the momentum was going...

GG. Fuck this game. Can't believe this game. I'm sorry but I deserved that win. That comeback was amazing, 3 user picks in the second half to make up a 22 point difference and go up by 1. The I sack him to the 50 on 3rd down while he was in FG range. And he concerts 4th and 17 with 4 seconds in the clock. Fuck this game. You played well on offense. White plus Jeffrey is hard to stop.

Tannehill: 69.2, 22/35, 260 yds, 2 TDs, 3 INTS // 2 rushes, 19 yards.
Miller: 16 carries, 54 yards, 2 TDs // 3 rec, 40 yds
Cameron: 7 rec, 95 yds, 2 TDs
Lucas: 6 Tkls, 1 Sack, 1 INT, 1 TD

Smith: 81.0, 20/39, 390 yds, 4 TDs, 4 INTs
Barner: 15 carries, 73 yds // 6 rec, 48 yds, 1 TD
White: 6 rec, 124 yds, 1 TD
Hart: 4 TKl, 1 TfL, 1 INT

that was some great manual D you played late.... can't call a cover 3 in that situation though. i mean literally his only real chance was what happened: something deep over the middle. Should've just called a cover 4 or man up and if he wants to chuck it into the endzone on that for a jump ball then just live with the outcome but a cover 3 is asking for trouble. if he had no timeouts then whatever but he did!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG Welli. I knew it was going to be a different type of game when I DIDNT give up a 60 yard TD to Beckham on the first drive like the last 4 games lol.

GG

I dont understand this game. I stop throwing ints to try and win more, the rest of my team completely malfunctions. Today it was the OL deciding they wanted to be charmin soft. No holes on the ground and shit pass protection. I lost 4 games in the softer area of my schedule and now the death knell for the season will begin next advance with 2 of the next 3 games against CB. Ridiculous to have lost 4 in a row the ways that I have.

Top Bottom