• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Somnia

TFA-Knights-of-REN-GIF_zpsaslzxvbj.gif

Need AT or someone to photoshop this with Knights of DarRen on it.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fuck dude I am sorry I posted and fell asleep on my couch with the TV on, I just woke up in the same spot ugh. Having to get around a construction site on crutches all day drained me.

Home all day so let me know what times work for you.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lowly Madden peon Wellington versus MGK Bowser will be today between 12:30-1 Eastern if anyone is interested in watching me get eviscerated.

FMT can you please reset my teams confidence right after?

Smokey

Lowly Madden peon Wellington versus MGK Bowser will be today between 12:30-1 Eastern if anyone is interested in watching me get eviscerated.

FMT can you please reset my teams confidence right after?

There is a definite way to beat Bowser. For You It Doesn't Matter what he does if you play your game. We all know what you're capable of.

Smokey

The last 6 games of my schedule, I am going to die:

Bengals
@Seachickens
Rams
@49ers
Raiders
Colts

NFCW 3 weeks in a row EAD Tiburon

LJ11

Woke up feeling good about my decision to go for it. FMT calls it garbage, but is it garbage to try and win with your O?

If I punt CB gets the ball around his 30-35, if I keep the return minimal maybe I get him inside the 30. He can rip close to two minutes off the clock, I'm not using my timeouts, need them. If he gets a first, I have to burn through my timeouts, roughly two minutes to go with noodle arm Foles and bums at WR, no chance to run the ball which is what I like to do. Need my D to come up with a stop, and then my O to get the drive. Why not just put it in my Os hands and live or die by it?

Not trying to justify my decision, I'm good, it's just not as crazy as some think. CB deserved the W if he got the stop, 4th and long, and Foles was missing guys all game. It was no gimmie, it wasn't like I QB sneaked or FB dived on 4th and 1. Took a chance with scrub Foles.

Smokey

Woke up feeling good about my decision to go for it. FMT calls it garbage, but is it garbage to try and win with your O?

If I punt CB gets the ball around his 30-35, if I keep the return minimal maybe I get him inside the 30. He can rip close to two minutes off the clock, I'm not using my timeouts, need them. If he gets a first, I have to burn through my timeouts, roughly two minutes to go with noodle arm Foles and bums at WR, no chance to run the ball which is what I like to do. Need my D to come up with a stop, and then my O to get the drive. Why not just put it in my Os hands and live or die by it?

Not trying to justify my decision, I'm good, it's just not as crazy as some think. CB deserved the W if he got the stop, 4th and long, and Foles was missing guys all game. It was no gimmie, it wasn't like I QB sneaked or FB dived on 4th and 1. Took a chance with scrub Foles.

Bruh

You made a calculated decision, and it won you the game. I will never forget the pain you brought on me with that fake punt in the playoffs some years ago. But you did it, caught me off guard, and won the game. Things can't be so straight and narrow at all times. A competitive match is a fluid situation.

LJ11

I think the worst thing I did was go into the stream for a few seconds to bitch about not getting the breaks, that was poor form. I'm almost never in the stream when I play, but I had to vent, that was poor sportsmanship. And I shut it off immediately after, then I threw a pick six and laughed my ass off.

Greg

I didn't see the game, so I don't know the situation, but I'm the same way - bad at scoring fast, need sustained drives (time) to make anything happen

even if you punt and CB goes conservative with all runs that doesn't guarantee a stop on D considering the cheese broken tackle machine that is Murray

LJ11

I didn't see the game, so I don't know the situation, but I'm the same way - bad at scoring fast, need sustained drives (time) to make anything happen

even if you punt and CB goes conservative with all runs that doesn't guarantee a stop on D considering the cheese broken tackle machine that is Murray

I was pretty backed up, was inside my 25 I think, with a little more than 4 to play. And yeah, Murray is a tough out, he falls forward all game long. I managed to contain his ass by blitzing my middle LBs all game long, but then CB started hitting me outside a bit more and I wasn't making the tackle with my user safety. Contained in the 1st half, not so much in the 2nd half.

DJ Bowser

All this hype and Welli is probably going to run the ball down my throat and mil the clock, leaving one or two possessions per half. He will then win by 10.

What a twist!

232980-jar_jar_binks_large.jpeg

DJ Bowser

the Bowser I know had Tebow on his side and no doubts in the world!
You're right. In this, the year of our Lord Tim Tebow 2016, I have no room for anything but victory.

I'm ready, Welli! I hope you stream.

or don't. Fuck the voyeurs.

brentech

Jesus Christ Pennsylvania is such a garbage state. Fucking falling rock signs everywhere along the highway. 100 mile stretches of heavy fog. Fuck this place.

Smokes you need to come to pro am

We are reaching new levels. Calling actual plays and running sets and shit. We are going to the finals

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG Bowser.

Sorry to everyone that watched. I psyched myself out and thus did not play well. Last seasons games against Bowser were actually much closer and I argue that I should have won both.

Some points:

1. Bowser falls back on cover 3 defense on crucial downs. If you guys saw I was calling a lot of plays that had the TE or the slot man running streaks in order to beat the C3. I had the right call on a number of them just couldn't hit the throws. There was one in which he called a C3 buzz and I thought I had him but he flipped it and his safety dropped down but I hadn't seen him. OBJ in the slot cleared the LB zone but I legit did not see the S Wilcox drop down. It explains how my slot guy Gandy got those 2 TDs late, I just went to what I knew would work. Could have been 14-7 at the half but Nassib overthrew the ball to Donnell in the end zone right to the defender.
  2. I saw he called a lot of outside posts with McKay so I wanted to run a lot of cover 3 since either the slot CB or the LB would take away that post depending on what side McKay lined up. Problem is if I ran C3 he could beat me over the top if he saw it. So I ended up taking the DE on the side in which the S drops into underneath coverage and hoting to a hook zone, I took the S that was supposed to be in that zone and manning him up on McKay, usering him to stay deep. That one 79 yard TD to Dez - I called the flip at the LOS to get over the top of McKay and user the underneath S but it looked like the flip did not register when I check the replay. I have an answer for this next time we play that I was thinking about prior to the game but did not execute.
  3. I ignored the run and that came back to bite me. His TE and outside WRs had career games against me blocking wise
  4. I had no answer for Gregory who just kept knifing into the backfield. There was nothing I could do, he kept coming in unblocked on running plays. The way I take guys like that out of the play is to run at them to get a hat on hat, I was running at Lee and Hardy to remove them, my OL did not compensate for Gregory on the backside. Will need to adjust.
  5. I am not sure how many watched what I reviewed after the game but if you noticed Bowser has 3-4 core play that he runs out of multiple formations. Further if you notice, the TE is inconsequential to most of his plays which I noticed prior to the game due to his lack of receptions but saw now how he is normally kept inside to block.

In all I put no pressure on Bowsers offense with my offense and thus he was able to romp. I was able to do so in our last few games forcing him to press. Sorry for those that had to watch that debacle, I have already started the prep work for our next game.

DJ Bowser

THANKS FOR GIVING EVERYONE A BREAKDOWN OF MY PLAY-STYLE!

I mean, I didn't really get a chance to run a ton of plays though given the long scores then the game being sort of out of reach.

Top Bottom