• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

Greg

man, I'm really liking the feel of the game this year

still too early to find things to nitpick over with the AI, but outside of the loading/presentation shit that always bothers me I'm loving it

LJ11

man, I'm really liking the feel of the game this year

still too early to find things to nitpick over with the AI, but outside of the loading/presentation shit that always bothers me I'm loving it

Glad to read this.

I think my only beef so far is the catching bs, but I haven't played so it's only an observation from watching others play.

Greg

just in general the control of players on both sides of the ball feels more natural/responsive

more often than not players are reacting to controls the way I expect them to based on the context of the situation, and contact with players doesn't always end up in getting sucked into an animation/tackle so things feel a bit more free

brentech

@CLV_Golf 6m6 minutes ago
"2013 US Open Merion" now available under Tours in @thegolfclubgame. All 4 pin locations from 2013, on all systems.

Smokey

Lets see what I can do this year. I'm starting from 0 and I won't get lucky again by pulling a $1.5 million card. That said, I made good coin even after I spent the money and blew $500k on a bad trade. Was one player away from 99 overall rating, didn't spend a dime on the game, also didn't play for the last 6 weeks or I would have made it to 99.

I just hope I enjoy the game too, enjoy MUT but the game has to be fun to at least keep me interested.

Edit: I wish you guys had the opportunity to play with some of these beast cards, some of the shit Steve Atwater pulled for me was insane.

How are you going to approach this year? Last year i grinded hard on solos. Did the play style set for peyton manning . By that time i had squad and started playing in the head to head seasons.

I need to set up my vita again for remote play so i can do this shit at work breaks or lunch

Somnia

Which patch is Dota 2 on right now? I wonder if I was using an old "guide" for Shadow Shaman last night.

edit: Also just bought madden, downloading now. I'm up for some games tonight.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Nothing about him has changed enough over the last few patches that it would make a difference. Blink/aghs is still the route.

Somnia

Nothing about him has changed enough over the last few patches that it would make a difference. Blink/aghs is still the route.

Gotcha, gonna take me a bit to get back into it. Just realized its probably been almost a year since I've played.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Its all situational. I come back to force staff after blink/aghs if i can. There are certain lineups that force staff is more useful against like a Huskar/Ursa/Viper Ect.

Im not a fan of glimmer cape on him, though. Its a defensive item for an offensive support.

Somnia

Usually go force staff glimmer cape instead of blink.

Its all situational. I come back to force staff after blink/aghs if i can. There are certain lineups that force staff is more useful against like a Huskar/Ursa/Viper Ect.

Im not a fan of glimmer cape on him, though. Its a defensive item for an offensive support.

Ya last night was just bad, trying to remember it all and dealing with Techies for my first time. I felt I did ok up to a certain point and then it all kind of fell behind. As Eznark put it, I failed at putting my wards down when needed to. Gonna take a bit to get the timings back down for sure.

I'll probably bug you guys for advice quite a bit on mumble at the start.

rinse82

Left my preorder receipt at home, was supposed to pick up Madden on the way back from work

fuuuuuuuuu

not going home and then back out. tomorrow it is.

Somnia

Madden downloading fast as hell, but not fast enough!

I guess I can try out MUT since I'm sure not many people are around to play this afternoon.

eznark

Banned
Had two+ hours between meetings. My house was in between the meetings. Been sitting here for 2 hours. No madden.

My life is the worst.

eznark

Banned
I was even on the first. -1 on the second. Not in the tournament though. Also, day 2 is easy. I just got aggressive and hit two shots into the water.

Mine should arrive in the next hour or two.

Played my R1 of this week's tourny. +7
Playing some Diablo 3 in the meantime.

Yea, that first round was some bullshit. It really forces you to use the draw/fade swing to counteract the wind to hit greens, and even then it's a crapshoot how much the wind is going to kill the distance.

Was able to be +1 on R1, followed by -5,-2,-5.

brentech

That game 6 of the 2016 GOBL World Series was pretty epic.
G2IjjIP.png

Included a 70 min rain delay.

This fucking intro takes forever
Hated that shit last year because every now and then the game would randomly force me to do it again. Some bullshit.

Somnia

9 MUT packs for doing skill drills... no way I'm doing all this shit!

edit: Well shit I have the game but cant do ultimate team, connected franchise and draft champions, online, etc. because its still "installing". Grrrr

LJ11

How are you going to approach this year? Last year i grinded hard on solos. Did the play style set for peyton manning . By that time i had squad and started playing in the head to head seasons.

I need to set up my vita again for remote play so i can do this shit at work breaks or lunch

I'll grind a bit for sure, but I want to work the market. Will definitely keep you, and others, in the loop. Need to get that starting capital, and then work the marketplace hard. If you're grinding solos, make sure to set that accelerated clock to the fastest option. You'll get to the line with 10 seconds left, milk the clock as much as possible. HB dive all day. Grind a bit, work the market, but I really want to check all the stuff out before going hard in one direction.

Greg

9 MUT packs for doing skill drills... no way I'm doing all this shit!

edit: Well shit I have the game but cant do ultimate team, connected franchise and draft champions, online, etc. because its still "installing". Grrrr
so

many

drills

You lied to me smokey! Favre isn't in MUT! Mode is trash!

Got regular Jameis Winston and Amari Cooper last night. I saw a 90 ovr Winston on the market too.

Lol the madden review thread

That game 6 of the 2016 GOBL World Series was pretty epic.
G2IjjIP.png

Included a 70 min rain delay.

Hated that shit last year because every now and then the game would randomly force me to do it again. Some bullshit.

Damn! I'm still the only human to win the WS! I'm surprised we can't find somebody to take over the Dodgers and there billion dollar budget.

Taking control of the Dodgers doesn't seem like so much fun for that mode though...I find it to be more enjoyable seeing your minor league guys grow and get called up. Although I haven't played enough seasons to see any of my prospects get called up, but in due time!

lol I bet you went and bought Amari didn't you

Taking control of the Dodgers doesn't seem like so much fun for that mode though...I find it to be more enjoyable seeing your minor league guys grow and get called up. Although I haven't played enough seasons to see any of my prospects get called up, but in due time!

lol I bet you went and bought Amari didn't you

Yes I did! I couldn't go to sleep last night before I had him on my team. Cost like 8,000 coins idk if that was a good deal or not but I don't give a fuck

http://www.pastapadre.com/2015/08/25/mycareer-mode-is-growing-up-in-nba-2k16#more-99535

When Spike Lee was brought on to write and direct the MyCareer Mode story for NBA 2K16, many wondered what kind of influence he would have in a game that has to have widespread appeal to various demographics which includes children. Would the story end up that much grittier than those found in the first two years of the mode?
The first indication of that being yes came when the ESRB rated it E10+ for the first time ever as opposed to the usual E. Now the ESRB has revealed the reasoning for that rating along with some examples of what they found objectionable.

2k16esrbdesc.jpg

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

Smokey

I'll grind a bit for sure, but I want to work the market. Will definitely keep you, and others, in the loop. Need to get that starting capital, and then work the marketplace hard. If you're grinding solos, make sure to set that accelerated clock to the fastest option. You'll get to the line with 10 seconds left, milk the clock as much as possible. HB dive all day. Grind a bit, work the market, but I really want to check all the stuff out before going hard in one direction.

How are you planning to get coins then? Unless you get a highly rated card in one of your packs, the solos are the way to obtain the capital to start building the squad. Or are you just going straight into H2H with your starter squad for 1.5k per W?

Well damn I got a 85 lavonte David and a 91 rob gronk

I may just sell these guys to yall lol

bruh

mGjE5d6.png

The price column with the 105,000 under it.
That sounds like a lot but I dont know how much that is in madden currency. Like in 2k that would be a lot but not THAT much since packs are like thousands each

When I had a pair of Mike trouts that I sold for 95K each I knew that was a lot!

Smokey

That sounds like a lot but I dont know how much that is in madden currency. !

You get around 1.3k -1.5k for every MUT Head to Head win against another person in the first couple of divisions. You get maybe 800 coins for completing each of the early solo challenges.

Does that put it in perspective for you

You get around 1.3k -1.5k for every MUT Head to Head win against another person in the first couple of divisions. You get maybe 800 coins for completing each of the early solo challenges.

Does that put it in perspective for you
Would it be wise to sell him high so that I can potentially build up the rest of my team?

Man I already feel this may suck me in lol. This is exactly what happened when I scored a Trout and Stanton one hour of each other. But the TE cheese could be too strong...

brentech

Mine just arrived. Downloading update.
Also got my replacement displayport cables, so I can get back to that 144hz life...and that confirms it, it was my displayport cable that went back....which is good cause means I can still sell this 770 when the 980ti arrives.

Top Bottom