• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

cdyhybrid

Is there a list of everyones blizz accounts anywhere?

Haha I only got into hots because my roommates play it and they dragged me into it!!

Play DOTA with us, friend. We have hats.

CecB6m8.gif
ighNkoL.gif
jat29tE.gif
dfXPOko.gif

Smokey

Fuck Best Buy. Last time I did in store pick up they told me the item was ready for me. So I drive 45 mins to BB and they didn't have it. Got back home and checked my email and I see I have one from BB about my in store order being cancelled because "customer changed his mind." A couple of months later made an online preorder and didn't get it until a month and a half after release. If I lived closer to BB I'd probably take advantage of GCU though but I don't know cause they are fucking shit.

Amazon always gets my orders to me on time and gives me free stuff whenever there's any kind of problem.

lmao

Which of you bastards are up for some games at "midnight" tonight? I'm picking it up at 8pm Alaska time heh

PSN Name Sully907

Come at me brahs

Smokey

Was he always just somebody who stood by to talk shit about the game? based on his videos in the past it seemed like he was a hype machine

nah he always did some pretty detailed break downs of the gameplay and set plays from what i can remember

he's now 'Gameplay Producer' or some shit

nah he always did some pretty detailed break downs of the gameplay and set plays from what i can remember

he's now 'Gameplay Producer' or some shit
Game looks good but I still remember the first three months of that game being a hot mess. I hope it isn't as tragic at release
I still absolutely expect week one to be trash but I hope they can pick up the slack quickly. And I would love for live to not suck for once

Greg

only a half into my first game, and I love this

player movement feels so much more responsive, and contact doesn't always result in an automatic suction tackle

and holy shit some sideline awareness I could actually control my player from going out of bounds!

only a half into my first game, and I love this

player movement feels so much more responsive, and contact doesn't always result in an automatic suction tackle

and holy shit some sideline awareness I could actually control my player from going out of bounds!

yes, these are some of the positives of the new catching system. if you hold X near the sideline he will do his best to stay in bounds

Smokey

I'm in MUT but I have no idea what I'm doing yet. Got an 89 ovr Beckham Jr. already but the Bo Jackson I got was only 80 wtf

bread also got a 89 beckham. must be more common than the elite one

they have different levels for players. so a legends bo jackson for example is rated in the upper 90s. will also command a fuckton of coins once the MUT economy gets going. the bo you and bread have seem to be the "entry level" version of these players

Greg

do R2 adjustments on offense not work for anyone else?

I can press R2 to bring up the play overlay, but any kind of hot route/pass block assigned to R2 won't register for me

Yeah I am glad I didn't get the ultimate edition

It would be very unhealthy for me to ever go through a card collecting mode ever again

BigAT

Do they still do that thing in MUT where you can only use players for a certain number of games and you have to buy contracts or whatever to prevent the cards from disappearing?

brentech

Do they still do that thing in MUT where you can only use players for a certain number of games and you have to buy contracts or whatever to prevent the cards from disappearing?

Yes, but last year it was almost a non factor. Not really an issue as like it was some years back.

Just pulled the trigger on the 6700k (not yet in stock, but available on amazon), MSI z170a motherboard, msi 980ti, and 16gb ddr4
got a new SSD and closed loop water cooling waiting in my office

LJ11

Yeah, contracts are still in, but the cards don't disappear, you just can't use the card/player until you give him contracts. 2000 mut coins gets you 100 contracts so you can do some solos or just play a game and you'll have enough. They also do weekend promos where they drop the price on contracts.

If you guys want to trade the market/auction house, use muthead or mutmanager to find players values. Values are all over the place right now, but you can get a feel for what's going on over the next couple of days. Mutmanager tracks over the course of weeks/months so you can easily find a trend, muthead might have added this but I haven't been on there for a while.

Make sure to target specific rating groups for a particular positions, and/or filter by promo (legends, ultimate team, base etc), and always sort with the newest at the top. Folks will be doing stupid shit for the first few days, you may want to take advantage. Everyone loves secondary players, especially if they're tall.

I'll be on from about 7pm eastern to 1am eastern, available for games and MUT. I hope some of you get into MUT, it's a shame EA fucked up shit with aggressive catch so that will frustrate you against randoms.

Have fun boys, Madden is here!

Greg

finishing up a few things, and then I'm about to get some morning Madden in

Yes, but last year it was almost a non factor. Not really an issue as like it was some years back.

Just pulled the trigger on the 6700k (not yet in stock, but available on amazon), MSI z170a motherboard, msi 980ti, and 16gb ddr4
got a new SSD and closed loop water cooling waiting in my office
you just made me less excited for the 4770K I'm getting soon!

brentech

finishing up a few things, and then I'm about to get some morning Madden in

you just made me less excited for the 4770K I'm getting soon!
still good

I'm upgrading from an i5 to the i7 and wanted a new motherboard as well because mine has a few issues with half dead USB ports. Figured I might as well get the new stuff.

Greg

firing Madden up for the 2nd time... get the fuck outta here, Roger!

still good

I'm upgrading from an i5 to the i7 and wanted a new motherboard as well because mine has a few issues with half dead USB ports. Figured I might as well get the new stuff.
nice!

yeah, if I didn't already have the rest of the parts I would've waited

Smokey

Yeah, contracts are still in, but the cards don't disappear, you just can't use the card/player until you give him contracts. 2000 mut coins gets you 100 contracts so you can do some solos or just play a game and you'll have enough. They also do weekend promos where they drop the price on contracts.

If you guys want to trade the market/auction house, use muthead or mutmanager to find players values. Values are all over the place right now, but you can get a feel for what's going on over the next couple of days. Mutmanager tracks over the course of weeks/months so you can easily find a trend, muthead might have added this but I haven't been on there for a while.

Make sure to target specific rating groups for a particular positions, and/or filter by promo (legends, ultimate team, base etc), and always sort with the newest at the top. Folks will be doing stupid shit for the first few days, you may want to take advantage. Everyone loves secondary players, especially if they're tall.

I'll be on from about 7pm eastern to 1am eastern, available for games and MUT. I hope some of you get into MUT, it's a shame EA fucked up shit with aggressive catch so that will frustrate you against randoms.

Have fun boys, Madden is here!

MUTManager was vital for me last year. Would use it to judge the economy and what a card i had was worth. Same for buying. Really came through.

I told Bread last night but Chris Johnson is, for some reason, Madden good. Hes 75 OVR but has 96 spd and 97 acc. Good catch rating. People that dont know better are dumping him in the market for like 1.5k. Dude is a steal in the entry levels of MUT.

LJ11

MUTManager was vital for me last year. Would use it to judge the economy and what a card i had was worth. Same for buying. Really came through.

I told Bread last night but Chris Johnson is, for some reason, Madden good. Hes 75 OVR but has 96 spd and 97 acc. Good catch rating. People that dont know better are dumping him in the market for like 1.5k. Dude is a steal in the entry levels of MUT.

That's a card that could rocket up, good change of pace back. I've read that Latavius Murray is a budget beast too.

Edit: Just checked muthead, both players have sold for 300 to 400 in the last 10 transactions, so people are doing dumb things. You can easily flip both for some coin.

Edit2: Folks will be pulling packs and will look to undercut like mad, values will tank and then bounce back up next week or so.

LJ11

I'd like to hire LJ to be my MUT investment Advisor.

Lets see what I can do this year. I'm starting from 0 and I won't get lucky again by pulling a $1.5 million card. That said, I made good coin even after I spent the money and blew $500k on a bad trade. Was one player away from 99 overall rating, didn't spend a dime on the game, also didn't play for the last 6 weeks or I would have made it to 99.

I just hope I enjoy the game too, enjoy MUT but the game has to be fun to at least keep me interested.

Edit: I wish you guys had the opportunity to play with some of these beast cards, some of the shit Steve Atwater pulled for me was insane.

Top Bottom