• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

gravestorm

Neo Member
hold on a sec, I'm gonna try something

this doesn't make any sense. My roommate plays Gears completely lag free on wifi yet the madden game is choppy as fuck randomly with people

well kicking my suite mate off Xbox didn't work. Everyone else has fine connections except for me. What fun.

Game is unplayable. If you're not around on Saturday night take the sim win since you're in the lead 10-14 right now.

What other excuse would you have if there was no lag, how convenient that you're the only one on campus lol.

brentech

FUCKING DIE
I figured I'd try that 2000m row. I started out getting through the first 500m with a end estimate of 6m55s. I soon realized I burnt myself out.

I'll have to try it again later this weekend with a more calculated start and just finish strong. That guys pace was better than I thought.

eznark

Banned
I figured I'd try that 2000m row. I started out getting through the first 500m with a end estimate of 6m55s. I soon realized I burnt myself out.

I'll have to try it again later this weekend with a more calculated start and just finish strong. That guys pace was better than I thought.

For sure. I tried it again after dota and couldn't get under 9 minutes.

Gonna do a 30 minute row when I get home for a baseline.

Greg

Did anyone play God of War III Remastered? That was the one of the series I played the least outside of the PSP games.

Looking for a single player game to mess with... Journey any good? Saw that on the sale too.

Got the platinum on Bloodborne, but the DLC just doesn't interest me at 20 bucks.

Did anyone play God of War III Remastered? That was the one of the series I played the least outside of the PSP games.

Looking for a single player game to mess with... Journey any good? Saw that on the sale too.

Got the platinum on Bloodborne, but the DLC just doesn't interest me at 20 bucks.

Journey was made by some good friends of mine from college!

I have a copy on PS3 that I've never played.

I played a solo queue game of DotA2 last night. Game was awful but it ran buttery smooth and looked pretty! Sadly eznark always sends me invites at 5:30 when I'm still at work.

Also I PMed DM last night, no response yet.

Nightz

Journey is pretty awesome. Short game though. You can probably finish it in one sitting.

TheCrow

I want Xenoblade, but I'm so burnt out on open world RPGs. I've barely touched Fallout because of it too.
See I felt that way too coming into it but I am surprisingly having a lot of fun with the combat. Like seeing monster that have 3 times as many levels as me is so awesome. It makes leveling up really stand out. When i finally get the chance to kill that huge as dinosaur it's going to feel great.

My Xenoblade just keeps getting disconnected from the server after the game has been running a couple minutes. I even tried to assign an IP like some thread recommended but that didn't help either. Dumb game :(

Bummer, didn't even know there were issues.

TheCrow

Wait we have a rowing crew now? I bought a cheap one off amazon last week. I jack it up to the highest resistance and just go. My traps were on fire for days.

eznark

Banned
One day i will. But I gotta prioritize a power rack if I'm going to start down the path of having a home gym. Where else am I going to curl?

Adjustable bench and free weights are all you need. I also highly recommend TRX bands for a home gym. Bad ass.

GOW3 is incredible. i have it on ps4 but haven't gotten around to it yet. i beat it on ps3 and it's a great game

Sell your copy to me!!

if i wasn't so lazy about going to the post office you could have the game!

eznark

Banned
I've had mine for about a year now I think.

Maybe read this: http://www.concept2.com/indoor-rowers/training/tips-and-general-info/damper-setting-101
TLDR; you're probably not increasing the resistance, but where in your stroke that you feel it.

Thanks for this!

The machine is truly amazingly well built so I have no real complaints about the cost, but for $1k you'd think they'd include a booklet with some of this information instead of what amounts to a half sheet of paper translated into 50 languages.

So by Daddy League Power Rankings:

Divisional Power Rankings

NFC West (2, 4, 14, 23) Average 10.75
AFC North (5, 11, 13, 21) Average 12.5
AFC South (3, 10, 17, 27) Average 14.25
AFC West (6,12, 18, 26) Average 15.5
NFC East (1, 15, 16, 32)Average 16
NFC North(7, 8, 29, 30) Average 18.5
NFC South (9,19,24,27) Average 19.75
AFC East (20, 22, 28, 31) Average 25.25

Of note, the NFC West is matched up against the NFC South and AFC East this season and the AFC North is matched up against the NFC North, so the best AFC division has had tougher OOC games than the best NFC division.

Wait I'm not last with only 2 wins?

Nope! The Washington Football team is 32nd with 2 wins, behind the 1 win J E T S.

Probably because they are last in every defensive category, 2nd to last in rushing offense and 21st in points scored.

Your defense is respectable by comparison, but you're 31st in points scored. That 12:31 TD:INT ratio is probably a big part of that.

Sokantish

Thanks for this!

The machine is truly amazingly well built so I have no real complaints about the cost, but for $1k you'd think they'd include a booklet with some of this information instead of what amounts to a half sheet of paper translated into 50 languages.

You're the Saints right? When did you want to play?

Ferny

Nope! The Washington Football team is 32nd with 2 wins, behind the 1 win J E T S.

Probably because they are last in every defensive category, 2nd to last in rushing offense and 21st in points scored.

Your defense is respectable by comparison, but you're 31st in points scored. That 12:31 TD:INT ratio is probably a big part of that.

GIVE ME A QB!

TheCrow

Adjustable bench and free weights are all you need. I also highly recommend TRX bands for a home gym. Bad ass.

These are the only bands i use.

P1040054.jpg

dat arch

TheCrow

damn, look at the footing

all dat power

It's a great way to improve your arch. At the end of the day it's all about driving your heels to the ground to generate leg drive. Foot placement varies for everyone. To be honest I'm looking at the bench press from a powerlifting perspective so it's a full body lift. Not a exercise that targets the pecs.

Somnia

It's a great way to improve your arch. At the end of the day it's all about driving your heels to the ground to generate leg drive. Foot placement varies for everyone. To be honest I'm looking at the bench press from a powerlifting perspective so it's a full body lift. Not a exercise that targets the pecs.

I'm happy with my progress this week, some new personal bests. I hit 1183 on the leg press x6, 245lb squat x4 (could have probably gone higher but I was exhausted) and on bench I hit 225x 4.

Progress is progress! Now if I could stop cheating so hard on the weekends and get back to losing more weight :p

Top Bottom