• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

2628596-vinny_mad_what.gif
2k>>>DOTA

That's what was said

Neutralize Cell is impossible
You pretty much gotta keep doing that till you memorize where guys are or will come from, and where the cells are

I had to get "finish with 50 health or more", and "under 5 minutes" separately cause it's tough to do both

eznark

Banned
Yes!!! Tom Chick award time!!

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2015/12/17/the-most-disappointing-games-of-2015/

1. Rise of the Tomb Raider
Microsoft sidelines the recently reinvigorated Tomb Raider franchise by shunting it into the dead end of their Xbox One’s diminished player base. It’s like releasing a new Star Wars movie, but only in Urdu. It’s nearly as painful as one of those Lara Croft death animations in which she’s impaled on spikes or crushed by a boulder. I look forward to the actual release of Rise of the Tomb Raider on the PC and Playstation 4.

Really tells you how dumb the initial ratings are. They basically undervalue every player that hasn't started a game in the NFL

Pretty much anyone who isn't a highly touted rookie is rated as complete dog shit at the onset of Madden, and half the time their ratings don't even accurately reflect their real world abilities.

For example Seahawks WR Tyler Lockett ran a 4.40 40, and got a 91 speed in the initial rosters. I think after he actually played in a few games and had a bunch of big plays he got a speed bump (among other attributes). For comparison Chicago Bears "Tight End" Kevin White ran a 4.35 40 and he got a 93 speed.

I get that some things are hard to quantify (like block shedding), but things like strength, speed, acceleration etc are all quantifiable!

Pretty much anyone who isn't a highly touted rookie is rated as complete dog shit at the onset of Madden, and half the time their ratings don't even accurately reflect their real world abilities.

For example Seahawks WR Tyler Lockett ran a 4.40 40, and got a 91 speed in the initial rosters. I think after he actually played in a few games and had a bunch of big plays he got a speed bump (among other attributes). For comparison Chicago Bears "Tight End" Kevin White ran a 4.35 40 and he got a 93 speed.

I get that some things are hard to quantify (like block shedding), but things like strength, speed, acceleration etc are all quantifiable!

the problem is, because tiburon can't actually program certain things into the game, speed is basically the name of the game. that is why i could potentially plug in a 58 rated lemichael james and get 1k+: he has a mid 90's speed rating in the game. now there are other considerations, which is why i start a much slower arian foster, but if tiburon went around throwing high 90's speed ratings for guys who ran a 4.3 forty, they would just abuse slower players more often than not. again, it's why guys like michael bennett (the rb from years ago!), donte stallworth, percy harvin and countless others can be drastically more effective in the game than they ever were in real life.

i don't know what the answer to this issue is (maybe as a WR if you have a high speed rating but a low route running, the speed is negated?)

the problem is, because tiburon can't actually program certain things into the game, speed is basically the name of the game. that is why i could potentially plug in a 58 rated lemichael james and get 1k+: he has a mid 90's speed rating in the game. now there are other considerations, which is why i start a much slower arian foster, but if tiburon went around throwing high 90's speed ratings for guys who ran a 4.3 forty, they would just abuse slower players more often than not. again, it's why guys like michael bennett (the rb from years ago!), donte stallworth, percy harvin and countless others can be drastically more effective in the game than they ever were in real life.

i don't know what the answer to this issue is (maybe as a WR if you have a high speed rating but a low route running, the speed is negated?)

No I totally understand, that one football mobile game I worked on had similar issues. At one point the only rating from all of your players ratings that actually did anything was speed, and the game was tuned so that it felt "okay" with the default players. The problem was that once you got the higher tier players the game felt stupid broken.

As football fans we all agree that route running is a skill, and that some players are better at it, but can we really differentiate it that much?

I suppose if I had the time to test it I could run a bunch of tests in practice mode to see if there was any visual evidence of it mattering.

No I totally understand, that one football mobile game I worked on had similar issues. At one point the only rating from all of your players ratings that actually did anything was speed, and the game was tuned so that it felt "okay" with the default players. The problem was that once you got the higher tier players the game felt stupid broken.

As football fans we all agree that route running is a skill, and that some players are better at it, but can we really differentiate it that much?

I suppose if I had the time to test it I could run a bunch of tests in practice mode to see if there was any visual evidence of it mattering.

the thing i notice about route running is typically the speed and decisiveness which receivers run their routes, especially on in routes. i have a hard time running it with my rookie on the left because he breaks into his route so slowly (even though he has the highest speed on my team). compare that with torrey smith and it's night and day. i also notice smith is much better about getting inside position on slants. now who knows, maybe this is a placebo effect and im only seeing him run better routes because his rating is higher but i feel like there is something to it.

Greg

those fucking curls are impossible to defend with Rodgers

you hot route that every time and there's nothing I can do

Somnia

Sorry Greg, had no intention of scoring again just wanted to run up the gut and chew the clock.

Honestly felt like Madden gods were against you with Bortles.

Switching to Dallas offensive playbook has helped me.

Top Bottom