• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

LJ11

Madden is literally T Raws career and thats how he plays? More like T Draws dude was trash. How do you get into these things?

Well right now you can qualify by playing Draft Champions ranked, get high on the leader board, and then advance through that way.

The guys on this are EA invites, reaching out to who they consider the best, past and present.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Since you can play friends in draft champions now, i was thinking of putting together some small tournaments during some down times in the league. Like between the end of the Superbowl and the start of the regular season. Or on some longer advances like the ones we'd have coming up during christmas/new years. Could be fun if we have enough people interested.

LJ11

Since you can play friends in draft champions now, i was thinking of putting together some small tournaments during some down times in the league. Like between the end of the Superbowl and the start of the regular season. Or on some longer advances like the ones we'd have coming up during christmas/new years. Could be fun if we have enough people interested.

I'm in dude! Great idea.

DCX

DCX
Sounds fun!

DCX

CB3

Draft Champions has the player position swaps in now. Charles Woodson at WR, Denard Robinson at QB, Walter Payton at QB and more

I saw that through Madden Mobile game.. I got Denard Robinson at QB. I bet those guys are super cheesy in the console version

BigAT

Movie is good. Dont see how it could even be spoiled.

I mean, there's stuff to be spoiled if someone wanted to be an asshole. Maybe wouldn't have affected your experience, but I'm sure it would someone else's.

Hate to say it but I wasn't really high on it, certainly compared to what the general reaction has been so far.

brentech

I mean, there's stuff to be spoiled if someone wanted to be an asshole. Maybe wouldn't have affected your experience, but I'm sure it would someone else's.

Hate to say it but I wasn't really high on it, certainly compared to what the general reaction has been so far.

Haven't seen it yet, but my guess is people are just excited it isn't hot garbage.
I was never super low on the prequels like most people, but I was also never a massive fan of the originals.

BigAT

Haven't seen it yet, but my guess is people are just excited it isn't hot garbage.
I was never super low on the prequels like most people, but I was also never a massive fan of the originals.

It's entirely possible I have too high expectations for it being a massive fan of the originals. I think it actually sets up pretty well for future movies though.

CB3

I mean, its Star Wars. Im sure the biggest craziest fanatics are going to get the most out of it.

I like star wars and i liked the movie. It wasnt some groundbreaking thing for me, but i enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next one.

The best way i can sum up my thoughts is that the movie hits the checkmarks i needed it to.

BigAT

I got an email reminder last night with a warning about stuff was prohibited from being brought/worn to the theater. Stuff like this:

Bowtie Cinemas
Star Wars costumes are welcome. However, no face coverings, face paint, capes, cloaks, simulated weapons (including light sabers/blasters) will be allowed in the building.

"Wear a Star Wars costume! Just don't wear literally everything that makes up a Star Wars costume!" Thank god I was still able to wear my Aunt Beru outfit.

eznark

Banned
I thought it was kind of identical to his star trek. My only concern is that one particular actor is worse than Haden Christensen.

LJ11

Most of you guys probably tuned out but man what a hell of a Madden game (Tweezy vs Nephew). Great variety from Nephew and he won out, not just 4 verticals.

Smokey

Haven't watched it at all, but do you guys think the better players in this league could hang with them?

Honestly I wouldn't doubt it. I don't see anything special about these dudes. They run the same two plays. One guy has Isacc Bruce in the slot. It's just cheap shit every where. I mean obviously they spend way more time with the game, but I'm really unimpressed. It's inside zone, verts, or stick.

Smokey

I think a few here could hang or win simply by not using the same fucking formation every series. Throw Weak I or Strong I on these dudes and they're probably shook.

Hell some of the league games I played this year the only run play my opponent would run would be inside zone out of all their shotgun formations. I'm sure there's a couple players here that could take those guys.

Top Bottom