• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

DJ Bowser

GG LJ! Very fun.

I like playing you because I know you're making adjustments based on what you're seeing so I can try to bait you into things. I feel like most people don't tinker with the plays the way you do.

Smokey

GG LJ! Very fun.

I like playing you because I know you're making adjustments based on what you're seeing so I can try to bait you into things. I feel like most people don't tinker with the plays the way you do.

i see you love kissing ass even outside of your love life smh

DJ Bowser

i see you love kissing ass even outside of your love life smh
Fam, plz.

If you recall, you and I engaged in quite a few exchanges of verbal fisticuffs after our games got heated.

You couldn't handle my slants and drags.

Looks like I'll get to try and avenge my loss to Birdman in the first round of the playoffs.

CAN'T WAIT!

LJ11

GG LJ! Very fun.

GG man, you were aggressive as fuck with the user. Made two big mistakes, one before half, I was just sending 6 every play, and I put the S on a flat zone instead of curl and you hit the corner, you snapped it too quick. Second was coming out in regular D on 4th and inches, wasn't thinking, should have called a TO.

Foles hit most of the throws, one bad read by me, but he had that terrible overthrow with the TE wide open, led to INT. Didn't play good user D either. Should have been more aggressive.

Smokey

Fam, plz.

If you recall, you and I engaged in quite a few exchanges of verbal fisticuffs after our games got heated.

You couldn't handle my slants and drags.

Looks like I'll get to try and avenge my loss to Birdman in the first round of the playoffs.

CAN'T WAIT!

i don't recall you ever beating me cuh

DJ Bowser

i don't recall you ever beating me cuh

And Trump doesn't remember his bankruptcies.

Narcissists rarely remember their failings, fam. I miss that time you called me "Bowser da gawd"... those were the days!

:')

Also, LJ- I was very happy for one of your picks. I hit the wrong button and through the pick on the corner to the endzone rather than to the RB in the flat. On the next play you through it back, I think. It was a nice, serendipitous moment.

re: my being aggressive with the user- I'm new to user play. I still obviously suck at making the picks, but I seem to get there in time to break the passes up.

I won't be surprised if Madden fucks up the tiebreaker and CPU pats get in anyway

they have been consistent in using the (obvious) appropriate tiebreakers when they apply: head to head, division record, conference record. haven't seen them screw it up since 2011 or so when it was by alphabetical order

They pretty much convicted him on the false statements of a developmentally challenged teen, and a bullet that was compromised by the lab technician. There was no DNA of Teresa's found anywhere on the property outside of her key which magically turned up on the 4th day of searches AND by that slimey mf LT Lenk.

And then the end of episode 5 when the cop calls in for the plates, and HE tells her the model type despite the car not being reported missing until 2 days later. That mf had to have been looking at it in front of him.

Then you have Brendan's original appointed lawyer who was a smarmy little POS

The whole thing was just insane and sad.

Fucking hell. I just finished watching it. Holy shit at all the corrupt pieces of shit.

From the sex offender prosecutor, Lenk and the other cop that that ran the plates who was the same guy that got the phone call in the 90's proving he was innocent of the rape, to the judges that let the prosecution that kept allowing tampered and inadmissible evidence to be used in their favor and denying all of the appeal cases for both of them.

Oh yeah and Brendan's first lawyer. I knew from the first time they showed him that his was a slimy piece of shit. I can't believe that actually found Brendan guilty and won't grant his appeal requests.

Infuriating and sad. All those phone calls between Brendan and his mom were heartbreaking ):

Oh yeah just remembered the victims brother. The more they showed of him the more I disliked him. He obviously wasn't looking for the truth and only revenge.

Oh and the fucking ex bf and room mate being interviewed together. Wtf! The ex seemed kinda suspicious to me and he never was a suspect. Oh and Scott Tadych and Bobby Dassey too. Their testimony was really suspicious too. Being the only ones to corroborate each other's alibi but also got caught lying about the time and other details. And they would have had access to the property where everything was found.

Smokey

Fucking hell. I just finished watching it. Holy shit at all the corrupt pieces of shit.

From the sex offender prosecutor, Lenk and the other cop that that ran the plates who was the same guy that got the phone call in the 90's proving he was innocent of the rape, to the judges that let the prosecution that kept allowing tampered and inadmissible evidence to be used in their favor and denying all of the appeal cases for both of them.

Oh yeah and Brendan's first lawyer. I knew from the first time they showed him that his was a slimy piece of shit. I can't believe that actually found Brendan guilty and won't grant his appeal requests.

Infuriating and sad. All those phone calls between Brendan and his mom were heartbreaking ):

Oh yeah just remembered the victims brother. The more they showed of him the more I disliked him. He obviously wasn't looking for the truth and only revenge.

Oh and the fucking ex bf and room mate being interviewed together. Wtf! The ex seemed kinda suspicious to me and he never was a suspect. Oh and Scott Tadych and Bobby Dassey too. Their testimony was really suspicious too. Being the only ones to corroborate each other's alibi but also got caught lying about the time and other details. And they would have had access to the property where everything was found.

But the key magically appears when Matiwoc county gets involved? After the 4th day of searches. When those motherfuckers were explicitly told to stay the fuck out of the case. Every time evidence was found Lt. Lenk was involved. There was no DNA in Avery's house. The lab technician accepted a bullet that was contaminated and admitted so. She's never done that in her career. The ex bf and the other guy (forget who) that were cross examined on the stand seemed real suspicious to me. Ex bf was never a suspect and was allowed to roam the property freely. The blood capsule had a hole in it.

For me it's more about the process of obtaining evidence and the clear manipulation by Matiwoc county. They were told to stay the fuck away and they repeatedly got involved. Also the end of episode 3 when the cop calls in for the plates and tells the dispatcher the type of car two days before it's missing or whatever really stuck with me.

eznark

Banned
Ok this sounds awesome. Will watch.

Wait it's about Avery in Manitowoc??? Lol and they somehow managed to make that look like a conspiracy? Amazing, can't wait to watch.

Oh, I only glimpsed at the spoilers. I'm assuming you guys are talking about the fuckup, not the murder.

Smokey

Ok this sounds awesome. Will watch.

Oh, I only glimpsed at the spoilers. I'm assuming you guys are talking about the fuckup, not the murder.

My issue is the process they went through. There's so many inconsistencies, and the timing of everything is suspect. You live up there. What's your thoughts on it?

Phee, thanks for the Ubisoft club tip. I ended up grabbing the boost from there and some of their skins.
I think I am going to apply another boost at some point today

We were killing it last night. We won games. We even won two in a row at some point

Simply put we might be the very best

Ferny

We were killing it last night. We won games. We even won two in a row at some point

I went on but I saw Brent on situations, and someone else was on Terrorist hunt and you on 2k so I didn't know games were gonna happen :(

Smokey

Does this include Drizzler literally walking in a room with nothing but a shield and getting rekt

eznark

Banned
My issue is the process they went through. There's so many inconsistencies, and the timing of everything is suspect. You live up there. What's your thoughts on it?

Well, I had no idea that's what the documentary is about so I can't really comment on the film but it sounds like a criminal advocacy piece.

I was still in Milwaukee when all of this went down and it was covered HEAVILY. Like, it wasn't some swept under the rug deal. There was outrage and skepticism and a microscope on that investigation from the jump. A good I'd say majority of people assumed the county was setting him up to avoid paying out the lawsuit. At least at first. This was as high profile as Dahmer locally.

Bottom line, dude raped and butchered that woman. I don't care what some Michael Moore wannabe tries to spin in some ill-conceived defense of a garbage human.

I was too young to remember the original rape trial, it probably wasn't a big deal, different media era and all that, but I do remember the general consensus in that community when he was exonerated being "yeah, we know he didn't rape that particular woman but he raped like 6 others so we pinned this on him." It's disgusting behavior obviously by the cops, but we are definitely setting free a piece of shit and it won't be long before he is in prison again."

I dunno. He's a piece of shit who obviously murdered that girl. It's probably a good story but I don't really get the point in telling it. I'm sure it's a compelling watch and well manipulated by the director though.

I went on but I saw Brent on situations, and someone else was on Terrorist hunt and you on 2k so I didn't know games were gonna happen :(

We ended up starting around 11 CT cause it took a bit of time for all to come in but we will be back tonight for sure. I'm fact I think Brent mentioned he'd be around during the day today

Does this include Drizzler literally walking in a room with nothing but a shield and getting rekt
Lol

To be fair I think it was 1 v 4 by that point. If he was montagne I'm not sure how that guy works

Smokey

Well, I had no idea that's what the documentary is about so I can't really comment on the film but it sounds like a criminal advocacy piece.

I was still in Milwaukee when all of this went down and it was covered HEAVILY. Like, it wasn't some swept under the rug deal. There was outrage and skepticism and a microscope on that investigation from the jump. A good I'd say majority of people assumed the county was setting him up to avoid paying out the lawsuit. At least at first. This was as high profile as Dahmer locally.

Bottom line, dude raped and butchered that woman. I don't care what some Michael Moore wannabe tries to spin in some ill-conceived defense of a garbage human.

I was too young to remember the original rape trial, it probably wasn't a big deal, different media era and all that, but I do remember the general consensus in that community when he was exonerated being "yeah, we know he didn't rape that particular woman but he raped like 6 others so we pinned this on him." It's disgusting behavior obviously by the cops, but we are definitely setting free a piece of shit and it won't be long before he is in prison again."

I dunno. He's a piece of shit who obviously murdered that girl. It's probably a good story but I don't really get the point in telling it. I'm sure it's a compelling watch and well manipulated by the director though.

Gonna tag the following in case others watch the doc

If he raped her wouldn't there have been DNA in Averys room which is where those allegations are said to have taken place from the challenged nephew. Also why in the fuck is the Matiwoc County detectives continually take part in the investigation when they were repeatedly told not to because of the obvious conflict of interest?

eznark

Banned
Gonna tag the following in case others watch the doc

If he raped her wouldn't there have been DNA in Averys room which is where those allegations are said to have taken place from the challenged nephew. Also why in the fuck is the Matiwoc County detectives continually take part in the investigation when they were repeatedly told not to because of the obvious conflict of interest?

Don't remember the specifics on the first part. The second part I remember vividly. Calumet was asked to lead the investigation and Manitowoc officers assisted where manpower was required. Calumet County has a population of like 40,000, half the size of Manitowoc. Chilton is the largest town I believe and it has like 2500 people in it. They don't have any sort of significant law enforcement. In fact, at the time when some of the questions about "why the hell was this done this way" questions were coming up in trial the answer was invariably because "this is basically the first murder any of us have worked." Calumet County led the investigation and leaned on Manitowoc County not because of some bizarre conspiracy (seriously, why would the cops give a fuck if the state pays this guy or not, it doesn't impact them personally) but because they were inexperienced and probably incompetent. The whole thing would have been better off in the hands of federal investigators. At least they would have murdered anyone who didn't toe the line and kept the "investigation" clean.

LJ11

Dude, this is likely completely different than what they've portrayed in the first couple of episodes. So he was accused of raping 6 other women? I haven't watched the entire thing, a little more than a third of the way through it, but they didn't bring this up at all in the first couple of episodes, it would be ridiculous if they didn't.

Honestly, I almost don't to finish it because it's farcical. I mean there was never really a clear cut motive on why they wanted to pin the initial rape on him, outside of the obvious. Again, haven't watched the whole thing, but if he was accused of raping 6 other women and it wasn't brought up in the first few episodes, that' completely irresponsible.

Top Bottom