• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

eznark

Banned
2015 Top Ten off the top of my head

Rocket League
Chaos Reborn
Xenoblade X
Mario Maker
Kings Quest
Cities: Skylines
GalCivIII
OOTP 16
The Fall
Offworld Trading Company

eznark

Banned
Bloodborne was whatever. Haven't played enough of Witcher 3 (or Fallout) to comment. I'm sure once I get around the W3 it'll be one of my all time favorites.

Greg

maybe because it was at the beginning of the year and I burned through it so fast, but I keep forgetting about Bloodborne... I even got the platinum, but I barely remember it

RL is easily the best of the year for me

2 minute drill, all you have to do is kill clock and I know there is a very good chance you're gonna run it out, and you're getting your feathers ruffled for selling out on blitzes and using a MLB to blitz on a run, which isn't illegal in league play? It's not illegal to use a MLB to stop a run, it's illegal to try and get sacks on it, which I didn't do all game, I never blitzed a pass to try and get a sack.

It's a Draft Champion game, you're getting all hot and bothered over a win, loosen that tie up, it's Sunday.

brentech

2 minute drill, all you have to do is kill clock and I know there is a very good chance you're gonna run it out, and you're getting your feathers ruffled for selling out on blitzes and using a MLB to blitz on a run, which isn't illegal in league play? It's not illegal to use a MLB to stop a run, it's illegal to try and get sacks on it, which I didn't do all game, I never blitzed a pass to try and get a sack.

It's a Draft Champion game, you're getting all hot and bothered over a win, loosen that tie up, it's Sunday.

Yea, you could just hear me scathing over the mic during the game! So much anger was involved, that blood was boiling! wooooo eeeeeee!

And you're wrong. edit: I just enjoy pointing out how much of a cheeser you are. It forced you to pretend like it's some big injustice everyone has against you, even though you continue to do it. Enjoy the loss though.

eznark

Banned
Man I need to pay more attention to the rules. I thought the kick line was illegal, I thought all manual blitzes were illegal.

I've been playing with too much honor.

DJ Bowser

GG Bowser. Tavon Austin is ridiculous. And for some reason my corners never wanted to play the right zone.

Bowser won 38-21.

Yeah, that speed is obscene. I think the corners sucking is the All-Pro difficulty.

That Floyd catch at the end of the half was one of the most ridiculous plays I've seen.

Somnia

TLBB is right I believe, you can manually blitz LBs to stop a run play you just have to pull back if it's a pass to not manual blitz em.

I've seen my opponents do this a lot, I play action and they immediately pull back on their controlled LB who they were rushing in to stop the run.

brentech

I think Brent's saying he switched his lb into a zone when the play called him to blitz?

That's cheese?

I thought that's what brent said too... but then LBB said he blitzed with his LB to tackle the runner. I'm confused :(
You're not supposed to control blitzing linebackers, ever. Pretty sure you can switch to them, but you can't be setting them up for the blitz and starting the play that way.
The other play is not as you described. He didn't audible the blitzed into coverage; the guy he was controlling was supposed to blitz, started his rush and was manually controlled into coverage.
The point is, you're not supposed to be controller that guy. There is no defense where those are the only guys you can control. Play as the safety that is on the TE or RB, you can still play the run. Just don't play as a blitzer, it's not hard to just play it right and this isn't his first time being told.

JovialGiantKakarikis.gif

MeagerLikableCub.gif

Wonder who both these gifs are of?

TLBB is right I believe, you can manually blitz LBs to stop a run play you just have to pull back if it's a pass to not manual blitz em.

I've seen my opponents do this a lot, I play action and they immediately pull back on their controlled LB who they were rushing in to stop the run.

I do this, but I keep my guy in a zone and I often bite. My own personal play recognition is trash!

Birdman02

Yeah, that speed is obscene. I think the corners sucking is the All-Pro difficulty.

That Floyd catch at the end of the half was one of the most ridiculous plays I've seen.
Floyd just didn't want to go down on that one. It was stupid.

I think my team would have been fine against anyone other than Austin. Taylor Mays and his 93 speed at MLB would have been able to stop the outside run against almost anyone else.

Sokantish

Oh I see, moving them before the play starts right to the line is pretty uncool and I thought that was against the rules.

Taking a LB to go into a zone when is suppose to blitz seems alright to me though... what if you didn't have time to audible to a good play and you notice someone is going to be open? I didn't know that was against the rules

eznark

Banned
That top gif is hilarious. Wanted to nano but you audibled so he ran him around the entire line. Also he's definitely still coming despite it being a pass play.

Top Bottom