• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

SickBoy

gg DM. I can't believe I won that.

First of all, I need free agency now. I suck at the kicking already, and having a 59 placekicker doesn't help. I missed a 37-ish yarder to the god damn back corner of the end zone because I have no feel for the meter, plus my kicker is Zach Hocker. (I'm starting to feel like I shouldn't watch the meter and should just go down-up in a really quick motion)

Second, I rarely call the kind of blitzes that I was calling today against DM. What's the word on controlling a D-lineman and following the play art? I don't think I was getting any unusual penetration, but on the inside blitzes I was calling, my preferred linemen were doing pretty significant stunts -- which varies quite a bit from my usual "get locked down by the guard" strategy. I was generally trying to stay off the stick, and only take control when they were about to engage the O-lineman. Still, I don't want to do anything that's frowned upon.

I've been trying to control LB more this season, but I'm still not very comfortable with it.

gg DM. I can't believe I won that.

First of all, I need free agency now. I suck at the kicking already, and having a 59 placekicker doesn't help. I missed a 37-ish yarder to the god damn back corner of the end zone because I have no feel for the meter, plus my kicker is Zach Hocker. (I'm starting to feel like I shouldn't watch the meter and should just go down-up in a really quick motion)

Second, I rarely call the kind of blitzes that I was calling today against DM. What's the word on controlling a D-lineman and following the play art? I don't think I was getting any unusual penetration, but on the inside blitzes I was calling, my preferred linemen were doing pretty significant stunts -- which varies quite a bit from my usual "get locked down by the guard" strategy. I was generally trying to stay off the stick, and only take control when they were about to engage the O-lineman. Still, I don't want to do anything that's frowned upon.

I've been trying to control LB more this season, but I'm still not very comfortable with it.

we'll open FA once the final picks are done. hurry it up bros!

SickBoy

Sickboy, let me know when you can play.

When would you like to play? I can probably do sometime tomorrow evening (or Monday if that's before the advance). Not really sure what the schedule looks like tomorrow, but around 8PT would probably be safe for me.

we'll open FA once the final picks are done. hurry it up bros!

Really, I should have picked a kicker in the FA draft (especially if I had anticipated a delay). DM knocked out Josh Morgan for four weeks.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
also:

SCOUTING IS OPEN
SCOUTING IS OPEN
SCOUTING IS OPEN

I could be completely wrong but i think the points dont bank week to week so you have to use them before the advance? Im not sure on that.

EDIT: You lose half of your unspent points each week.

When would you like to play? I can probably do sometime tomorrow evening (or Monday if that's before the advance). Not really sure what the schedule looks like tomorrow, but around 8PT would probably be safe for me.

That's fine. tomorrow works for me.

also:

SCOUTING IS OPEN
SCOUTING IS OPEN
SCOUTING IS OPEN

I could be completely wrong but i think the points dont bank week to week so you have to use them before the advance? Im not sure on that.

They bank but you lose 50% of them.

SickBoy

also:

SCOUTING IS OPEN
SCOUTING IS OPEN
SCOUTING IS OPEN

You lose half your unused points week-to-week.

i found the bonus item to boost to level 25. i'm wondering if i should just create a new character and automatically make them level 25. would i have to play the beginning parts again?

DJ Bowser

GG DCX.

I miss Madden 15... I miss Andrew Luck.

Can't wait to not be really bad at this game.

Edit: Somehow, Romo sails passes in the same way Tebow does.

DCX

DCX
GG DCX.

I miss Madden 15... I miss Andrew Luck.

Can't wait to not be really bad at this game.

Edit: Somehow, Romo sails passes in the same way Tebow does.
Good game. Ryan sailed a couple early..I do think LJ is right on when it comes down to the feet being set. If you can hit a pass on the correct drops, or even step into throws its money, anything else is eratic. I supposed its true to form for real life, its just hard to adjust to in the videogame realm when we used to not worry so much about it.

My D has been saving me during this streak, my luck is going to run out soon.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I have a wedding to go to at 3:30 so I won't be around at all tonight. So sometime in the next few hours or before the games tomorrow would be best.

Dang I am at work until 3:30, tomorrow before the games it is. What time is good for you? I will be up prob at 7 AM but I want to go to the gym.

i dont even know the missions i need to do or the structure of the game. it's like all these missions are open and i have barely done any of them so i dont think it matters. i just chose whatever mission on mars

how do i know what missions aren't completed?

i dont even know the missions i need to do or the structure of the game. it's like all these missions are open and i have barely done any of them so i dont think it matters. i just chose whatever mission on mars

strikes are like dungeons, good gear and stuff. If you're level 26 you should be able to start TTK content, there are things that surdound the mission that glow that show if a mission isn't completed.

The Taken King stuff is Red, DLC stuff is either purple or blue.

The Taken King stuff also has the little triangle thing on the top right corner, so you know it's TTK stuff too.

strikes are like dungeons, good gear and stuff. If you're level 26 you should be able to start TTK content, there are things that surdound the mission that glow that show if a mission isn't completed.

The Taken King stuff is Red, DLC stuff is either purple or blue

uh alright... i guess a level 20 strike? that says normal difficulty. the other said easy

Top Bottom