• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

McNei1y

good ol mcneily. well, you'll always have your playoff appearance from like 4 seasons ago when you had a 17-0 lead on me in the first half before you disconnected and ultimately lost the rematch :(

Hey that was the first season in last years madden! I blame the confidence system last year. Are we resetting it every week?

GG Wellster! Aside from those two things I bitched about, that was an excellent game. I can't stop anyone on defense in general and it didn't help that Rashad is a power house. I'm glad RGIII looked good because I couldn't run for shit against that line. I really love the catching system. I mean, it sucks to play against - for instance, that ODB grab on third down was ridiculous - but it has its perks.

Greg

buy fifa from best buy with GCU. $51 after taxes + a $10 pre-order bonus!
I don't think I buy enough games to do that - and I'm all about that digital life anyways!

I already have 6 bucks left in my wallet on PSN, so I figure with the 10% off it'll be decent

it's stupid to have to wait though

McNei1y

What the hell is fictional Madden universe Beth Cookman doing with two stud LGs on the same team? That team is losing it's entire front five to the draft next year.

brentech

Anyone else on W10 unable to get a screensaver or monitors to go into power saving mode without triggering it via the 'preview' button. Shit don't want to work for me. I keep coming back to my computer and it's just sitting there all screens still up.

triggering

??
rage.gif
rage.gif

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Anyone else try the scouting? It's awful. You can't even pick the attributes you want to reveal they just tell you the guys best. I wanted to throw my controller when a 15 point reveal for a lineman was fucking toughness.

The XP system is also an abomination holy shit.

Anyone else try the scouting? It's awful. You can't even pick the attributes you want to reveal they just tell you the guys best. I wanted to throw my controller when a 15 point reveal for a lineman was fucking toughness.

yup, don't like the scouting system this year, it's pretty garbage.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I can do the scouting in about 1 minute flat as opposed to however fucking long it took last year.

So its a-ok with me!

Ferny

Love the scouting system. Easy peezy

Yeah the combine stats are what matter now, making the draft a more even playing field. if you got lucky and reveal something worthwhile just consider it gravy. I don't hate it really, it's insane how many scouting points you get in a season tho, you'll be able to scout A LOT of people by the end of the season.

I wish EA would hire me as the franchise guru for Madden, I'd overhaul the whole shit. :(

I'm sure every year they have people go "man if only we could overhaul all this shit".

I'm sure there is just so much legacy code to work around when adding new stuff in such a short development is just hellish.

I wish EA would hire me as the franchise guru for Madden, I'd overhaul the whole shit. :(

I wish they would hire some of us. I do several franchises with Madden because I enjoy drafting a team and then simulating through a few seasons to practice drafting/team building and I can see so many damn things that could be done better.

But game prep is absolutely worthless and the amount of XP you can earn doing stuff is fucking laughable. People have a much harder time progressing in this game now.

As for scouting, I wish once again they would have taken last year's system and this year's system and met somewhere right down the middle. I do like that I can scout most positions, but yeah, I want the choice to scout whatever the hell attribute I want.

As for toughness, it seems to be 1 of 3 attributes a LOT of linemen get, but that's actually not a bad thing---I've drafted offensive lineman who are like A strength, B+ Pass block, and B toughness, and their run blocking can still be a B- or C+, it can be a small crap shoot.

I think I've gotten good at drafting in this game though. A lot of the guys I end up taking are ranked higher in their true value and I've nabbed some quick/superstars in places like the 4th round. And sometimes the game will tell you once you've fully scouted a player "2nd round talent" but they're actually really first round talent, so I'm not sure what that's about.

Something about the draft board that bothers me though is the lack of 3-4 players on the D-Line, but I've started experimenting with scouting every DT anyways just because I can probably move that 4-3 DT to become a 3-4 DE.

Not only that I didn't scout the first two weeks and then on week 3 I saw a note that you lose 50% of your scouting points every week! It sure would've been nice to know that before I lost basically a weeks worth of points!

I tried so hard, got so far, but in the end it didn't really matter.

(but seriously in an alternate dimension I'm the Luke Smith of Online Franchise)

Top Bottom