• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

brentech

Forgot FIFA comes out tomorrow. I have it pre-ordered and just have to pick it up.
But that means I'll have to change the disk in my PS4 again.

oexTA6a.gif

brentech

Ugh, DS4 still not working in windows 10 with some games that need exclusive mode (elite dangerous). Works fine in MGSV.

I do still own a wired 360 controller, but I think the left stick drifts.

Ferny

Smokey/Ferny - what do you think of What a Time to be Alive?

Diamonds Dancing and Jumpman fireeeeee
It's great. Feels more like a Future tape with Drake featured on it, not a bad thing just has a Future feel to it. Like you said tho... Diamonds Dancinggggg

Pastapadre think FIFA is hot trash, apparently

In the past, one of the most frustrating aspects of FIFA’s gameplay has been the lack of aggressiveness to a loose ball or in playing passing lanes from CPU controlled teammates or opponents. That’s been addressed this year, but seems to only affect one side, which has created a whole new reason for frustration.

Players on defense will actively go after the ball. They’ll jump right into the passing lanes, making it tougher than ever to keep possession, especially in the midfield. Initially, that was fantastic to see. The problem quickly became apparent when players whose team has possession will just stand around and watch, and allow the defenders to get to the ball without making an effort of their own. Passing also seems to randomly go haywire, with an unusual amount of power (for how long the button was held) being placed on them that sends them beyond their intended target who lets it go right by them.

As is the case with any consumer product that reaches the top of the mountain there may not be anywhere to go but down as new challenges present themselves. The improvements to FIFA 16 this year are notable in some areas but as a whole it’s starting to feel like the series is getting stagnant, with too much of the effort being put more towards expanding revenue sources rather than delivering innovation that would appeal to a wider audience. Despite that it's still the most reliable and consistent sports gaming franchise and that holds a lot of weight in the minds of consumers. With FIFA 16 you know you’re playing a really good game, but you might not completely believe it as much as in the past.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Which you have been on ONCE!!!

I made my 2k pre-order, Zep made me realize that the Jordan edition wasn't worth it because you get way more VC for the same amount of extra money spent. And this shit comes out Thursday!

What if you didnt spend any money on VC. Or 2k. Think about all the possibilities!

Greg

With FIFA 16 you know you’re playing a really good game

trash

played the demo on World Class/Legendary and liked the changes - plays a lot different than last year which I was surprised about

slower pace, speed has less of an impact, defenders much more aggressive (which makes pass power/selection more important)

maybe a bit concerned that the aggressiveness of the defenders will take skilled control of a single player a bit out of the picture, but I guess it's not a bad thing if it leads to more teamwork and it probably won't be an issue online which is all I care about

rinse82

trash

played the demo on World Class/Legendary and liked the changes - plays a lot different than last year which I was surprised about

slower pace, speed has less of an impact, defenders much more aggressive (which makes pass power/selection more important)

maybe a bit concerned that the aggressiveness of the defenders will take skilled control of a single player a bit out of the picture, but I guess it's not a bad thing if it leads to more teamwork and it probably won't be an issue online which is all I care about

Yeah, I pretty much play FIFA against other humans only so this might not impact me too much.

trash

Yeah, it's like ph33 read the line about Fifa draft and summed up the entire article with just that hot take.

Well, I can't say I didn't try to recruit Greg and Brent into NHL!

Are any of the remaining games actually happening before vance?

Also I want to take a league vote. Do you guys want certain penalties (holding, face mask and late hit/roughing) turned off? I would keep offsides/false start/PI on. Post if you want penalties on or off!

brentech

You're the worst person I know.
It is really annoying though. I'm not the kind of person that finishes a game in a couple sittings. Probably already launched the game like 6+ times and I'm only through the first chapter or whatever they called it.

DCX

DCX

Also I want to take a league vote. Do you guys want certain penalties (holding, face mask and late hit/roughing) turned off? I would keep offsides/false start/PI on. Post if you want penalties on or off!
On! Penalties happen, and I'm accepting all of them!!

PS: I lead the league in penalty yards and top three in penalties committed!

DCX

The Chiefs and Packers are playing this evening.

I vote to keep penalties at least for the first season

Top Bottom