• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

BigAT

Oh cool I get to play the #1 fucking team in the league.

Rinsler, let me know when you want to rumble. Should be home around 6 tonight.

Wish I could run the ball but my OL is so damned awful. Going up against the Bills front 7 should be fun.

This stupid Giants team sucks so much, completely devoid of talent outside of the corners, and even then you can't leave dudes on an island in this game. I have zero on defense aside from them. I want to turn Landon Collins my rookie S into monster but progression has been slow as heck.

The problem is the system I have run since we all started playing together is predicated on a strong defense. I want to make people feel desperate to score. Running the ball only compliments it because it just helps me chew up clock and demoralizes my opponents - but it all starts with defense. My shit LBs and DL have made any kind of pass rush non-existent, I am beginning to wonder if there are some issues with the pass rush. I have not been sacked at all this season and I only have 3 sacks this year all of which came in my game against McNeily. I have literally been sending heat from every position and every angle so I'm concerned that it's the pathfinding for the blitzes. That or my guys suck. I have always wanted to have hot routes for blitzers that would allow me to tell them what gap to attack.

I've also started doing some stuff like moving JPP to LB in certain formations to have what is supposed to be my best pass rusher take on a blocking RB or TE, and nothing. The Giants D playbook is pretty uninspiring though, I used the Rams PB through all of last year.

It's early and I just had some super high test coffee, let me ramble!

Yeah, tell me about it. Steelers D is awful too.

SickBoy

Generally after 10pm EST. Also available during the day (during typical working man hours).

Tomorrow I might not be around though. Wednesday should not be an issue.

Maybe we can try Wednesday... not sure what daytime hours you're available, but if nothing comes up, I may be able to play around 3ET.

Otherwise, around 10ET or shortly after is typically OK for me, unless there's family stuff going on (Wed should be alright)

rinse82

Oh cool I get to play the #1 fucking team in the league.

Rinsler, let me know when you want to rumble. Should be home around 6 tonight.

Wish I could run the ball but my OL is so damned awful. Going up against the Bills front 7 should be fun.

This stupid Giants team sucks so much, completely devoid of talent outside of the corners, and even then you can't leave dudes on an island in this game. I have zero on defense aside from them. I want to turn Landon Collins my rookie S into monster but progression has been slow as heck.

The problem is the system I have run since we all started playing together is predicated on a strong defense. I want to make people feel desperate to score. Running the ball only compliments it because it just helps me chew up clock and demoralizes my opponents - but it all starts with defense. My shit LBs and DL have made any kind of pass rush non-existent, I am beginning to wonder if there are some issues with the pass rush. I have not been sacked at all this season and I only have 3 sacks this year all of which came in my game against McNeily. I have literally been sending heat from every position and every angle so I'm concerned that it's the pathfinding for the blitzes. That or my guys suck. I have always wanted to have hot routes for blitzers that would allow me to tell them what gap to attack.

I've also started doing some stuff like moving JPP to LB in certain formations to have what is supposed to be my best pass rusher take on a blocking RB or TE, and nothing. The Giants D playbook is pretty uninspiring though, I used the Rams PB through all of last year.

It's early and I just had some super high test coffee, let me ramble!

Can you go at like 10 PM ET?

Smokey

VyZD4Az.png

One of these is not like the other.

Mallett werk
Mallett trash

I don't know about when you guys were in school, but when a 6th grader tells you he had 3 hours of homework, how full of shit is he?

I don't know about when you guys were in school, but when a 6th grader tells you he had 3 hours of homework, how full of shit is he?

there is a trend for kids to be getting way more homework than before when older people were in school.

but three hours is most likely bullshit

there is a trend for kids to be getting way more homework than before when older people were in school.

but three hours is most likely bullshit

Yeah, I would absolutely believe it from my high schoolers. Back then I don't think we could take more than 3-4 AP classes, and they didn't offer most until junior year. Now I've got Freshman who are taking more than that and I don't understand how these kids survive this shit, to be honest.

But middle school and 3 hours? FOH, kid.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Stop drinking that coffee Wells. Way too early for that!

Isn't that the point of it?

I don't even want to play tonight. The prospect of an agonizing hour of Madden in which I get my shit pushed in repeatedly by the Bills defense isn't really too enticing. That said I'd rather take the medicine now than worry about it another day, I guess. I'll do myself the favor and just hammer down the remaining half bottle of bourbon laying around in the house to make this beat down a little easier.

Smokey

I don't even want to play tonight. The prospect of an agonizing hour of Madden in which I get my shit pushed in repeatedly by the Bills defense isn't really too enticing. That said I'd rather take the medicine now than worry about it another day, I guess. I'll do myself the favor and just hammer down the remaining half bottle of bourbon laying around in the house to make this beat down a little easier.

this post is disgusting even by eeyore standards

Greg

things aren't so bad, friend!

eznark

Banned
I don't know what it is but I find passing pretty much impossible this year. I think it's because last year was so easy with an accurate QB that it totally spoiled me and I still think I can make throws that were possible last year but it's a fucking chore. It all just seems slower. Everything except the kicking meter (which is ludicrous) feels covered in molasses.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
this post is disgusting even by eeyore standards

We just call this Tuesday now for our depressed friend Wellie

Guys I am facing the #1 team in the league, I am #29. I am going to get destroyed, no eeyores about it.

things aren't so bad, friend!

The talent on my team is Jaguar level. A bunch of replacement level dudes. Shit I would prefer having the Jags at this point, you have a lot of young pieces that are good. My young pieces suck except for OBJ. Pugh, Flowers, Landon Collins, Bromley, they fucking stink. Thanks Jerry Reese!

eznark

Banned
to get used to the passing

it's not magic!

practice madden

ok

That would require a desire to improve rather than a desire to bitch.

I'm not even bitching so much as relaying my experiences. I seem to be the only one who doesn't like it. Is anyone else trying to use the different passing buttons they've added? Just seems to make the throws wildly inaccurate.

LJ11

I don't know what it is but I find passing pretty much impossible this year. I think it's because last year was so easy with an accurate QB that it totally spoiled me and I still think I can make throws that were possible last year but it's a fucking chore. It all just seems slower. Everything except the kicking meter (which is ludicrous) feels covered in molasses.

Game is much slower, think it's the slowest one yet. EA did this in the past, drastically reduced the speed yoy, can't recall which year it was. Last night against Phee I had a few wtf throws, so did Phee for that. Can be extremely frustrating to sail a ball wide when you had a guy wide open. Also hate how often players are caught from behind.

brentech

practice madden

ok

I'm not even bitching so much as relaying my experiences. I seem to be the only one who doesn't like it. Is anyone else trying to use the different passing buttons they've added? Just seems to make the throws wildly inaccurate.
i haven't used L1 or L2 modifiers a single time yet. Would be impossible with Manziel.

Smokey

practice madden

ok

If you're having problems throwing with Aaron Rodgers, that's a you problem tbh. All throws with and without modifiers are open for use with him. Practice mode with your connected franchise team seems to be the best option here, but you don't seem open to it so... *shrug*

eznark

Banned
If you're having problems throwing with Aaron Rodgers, that's a you problem tbh. All throws with and without modifiers are open for use with him.

If you still have your game from last year, play a game with Rodgers then immediately play a game with Rodgers this year. The differences are incredible.

And yeah, not saying it's not a me problem. I said I haven't been able to adjust. Looking forward to watching someone else tear it up with him.

Smokey

If you still have your game from last year, play a game with Rodgers then immediately play a game with Rodgers this year. The differences are incredible.

And yeah, not saying it's not a me problem. I said I haven't been able to adjust. Looking forward to watching someone else tear it up with him.

I agree it's way different, but Rodgers is still the best QB in the game. If you put a bit of time into it, I'm sure you'd pick up the nuances added to this years version and adapt.

But again...I dunno how much you want to do that.

You know Flacco is on the trade block

I'm sure we can work out a deal with some picks and Flacco for Rodgers

I think I need to throw more touch passes because I've had a lot of bullet throws I thought would make it, but instead it just goes to the a coach on the sidelines.

Greg

practice madden

ok
not saying you make it a daily routine - just get one 30-minute session of plays to mess around with how platform/pressures/leads influence the throw

your experience with the passing game on all-madden has probably been the 3 games from the league, and it's a huge leap up over the other difficulties this year

The talent on my team is Jaguar level. A bunch of replacement level dudes. Shit I would prefer having the Jags at this point, you have a lot of young pieces that are good. My young pieces suck except for OBJ. Pugh, Flowers, Landon Collins, Bromley, they fucking stink. Thanks Jerry Reese!
you have the guy on the cover

ez game

brentech

Only real issue I have is the long ball inaccuracy.
Probably lost out on about 4 big scoring plays (or plays that would put me in scoring position) through 3 games.
I know Manziel is Manziel, but it's crazy how completely off a throw to a WR who has 2 yards on his defender will be.

Greg

Probably lost out on about 4 big scoring plays (or plays that would put me in scoring position) through 3 games.
I know Manziel is Manziel, but it's crazy how completely off a throw to a WR who has 2 yards on his defender will be.
yeah, still can't figure that out and it feels like a coin flip at times

I think it's mainly a timing thing... even if a receiver gets a perfect release and has separation immediately, you have to wait longer than you think before you can throw

You will shred me. My pass D is terrible just like in real life

BigAT

My problem is that it feels very much like a binary thing. The game decides this is going to be a good pass or this pass is going to be uncatchable shit. It doesn't feel like a natural reflection of how inaccuracy works.

My problem is that it feels very much like a binary thing. The game decides this is going to be a good pass or this pass is going to be uncatchable shit. It doesn't feel like a natural reflection of how inaccuracy works.

I've found the odds improve dramatically if you have your feet set but it might be coincidence too!

Seems playing on all madden also takes it to the extreme

McNei1y

I've found the odds improve dramatically if you have your feet set but it might be coincidence too!

Seems playing on all madden also takes it to the extreme

I've definitely noticed the feet set part. But as AT says, it just seems like "hey this pass will be bad" regardless.

But then again I'm not sure if that's accurate because I point in the direction of where I want to throw and I completely over throw my guy.

Greg

feels like the passing windows are much more strict

someone that's clearly open on screen still needs to be at the right point in their route for you to be able to throw it to them accurately

if your throw is properly timed then all the accuracy/passing ratings get applied accordingly, but if you're outside of the window in either direction then they don't give a fuck and give you one of those random balls

it's pretty clear on verts with a TE compared to last year - last year if you got a free release you could rifle it in right after the snap, but now those balls get sailed

feels like the passing windows are much more strict

someone that's clearly open on screen still needs to be at the right point in their route for you to be able to throw it to them accurately

if your throw is properly timed then all the accuracy/passing ratings get applied accordingly, but if you're outside of the window in either direction then they don't give a fuck and give you one of those random balls

it's pretty clear on verts with a TE compared to last year - last year if you got a free release you could rifle it in right after the snap, but now those balls get sailed

This is especially true on intermediate post routes where you double tap to get it over the lb. Anytime I've had a clean pocket and hit the throw on time it's incredibly accurate and the D can't get there

Somnia

It's just emulating RL my friend, Madden is realistic!

rinse82

I can't wait to quote this again when you beat me.

This is me we are talking about, not Madden God.

Top Bottom