• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

Ferny

I honestly love the passing this year. I do occasionally have some weird throws but it's always been because I led the receiver too much or didn't set my feet. I think I only had one issue of a WTF ball being thrown.

DJ Bowser

Maybe we can try Wednesday... not sure what daytime hours you're available, but if nothing comes up, I may be able to play around 3ET.

Otherwise, around 10ET or shortly after is typically OK for me, unless there's family stuff going on (Wed should be alright)
I might be able to be around around 3EST. 3:30-4 for sure.

I honestly love the passing this year. I do occasionally have some weird throws but it's always been because I led the receiver too much or didn't set my feet. I think I only had one issue of a WTF ball being thrown.

I do too. In years past you could also put a shitty backup in and still have good success. I don't think you could do that this year with most backups

I think this year has been pretty good at having QB's who aren't that good act like QB's who aren't that good.

That being said, there are situations where easy to make passes that anyone could throw get blown, and I think missing open stuff is cranked up to 11 and could be due to be turned down a bit.

Soka I'll be ready around 5:30ish EST for sure

brentech

I think this year has been pretty good at having QB's who aren't that good act like QB's who aren't that good.

That being said, there are situations where easy to make passes that anyone could throw get blown, and I think missing open stuff is cranked up to 11 and could be due to be turned down a bit.

Ferny

I have never fully watched Seinfeld, but this gif is HILARIOUS to me.

giphy.gif

My only issue with passing this year is that lead passing seems completely broken. Now that I know that I generally haven't had an excessive number of bad throws. The worst game I've had in online so far was the game with Eznark where the wind was just destroying the accuracy of both QBs, and considering the QBs in that game it seemed more than a tad unrealistic.

On the season I'm at over 60% completions which would probably be a career high for me in Madden.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I generally cant play any later than 10 too so this should work. Let you know if anything changes.

Ok great. If the masses want a stream can you do so? I can barely watch shit on my Roku which sits right next to my TV so I'm nervous about introducing even more demand on my shit router.

SickBoy

Hey Sickboy, I'm around now and will be for the next couple hours if you end up available to play.

Dead tired but I think it's probably more convenient for me today, so lets do it. Logging on to do weekly team crap. Fire me an invite.

EDIT: OK. I sent an invite. Will hang around for a few....

DJ Bowser

GG Sickboy. I think I would have felt completely defeated if I didn't get that Dez aggressive catch cheese to help me score at the end of the half.

I still blow on defense and occasionally catch a lucky break. I also managed to not have a ton of overthrows.

SickBoy

All I have to say is fuck my offensive line. I held it a long time on that fourth, but Brees took a ton of hits (and what, three or four sacks before that?) on four-man rushes where I wasn't hanging on to the ball.

Though I should have rolled him out more. Didn't really do it all game.

The other thing I don't get is you got a conversion on a pass to the flat on that last drive. I'm not sure whether someone just blew their coverage or I accidentally called a different play, but I called Cover 2 and there was no one within 25 yards of that spot. Infuriating.

Wondering about that screen you like... which playbook is it from? It's a bit different in that it seems like the O-linemen almost hang in for a moment before they pull over.

EDIT: Also, gg

DJ Bowser

I believe it's from the Colts playbook. That's the base I used when I created the book I use.

Shotgun- Trey Open I think is the formation.

And yeah, I seemed to have more luck when I just rushed four than when I blitzed.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
All I have to say is fuck my offensive line. I held it a long time on that fourth, but Brees took a ton of hits (and what, three or four sacks before that?) on four-man rushes where I wasn't hanging on to the ball.

Though I should have rolled him out more. Didn't really do it all game.

The other thing I don't get is you got a conversion on a pass to the flat on that last drive. I'm not sure whether someone just blew their coverage or I accidentally called a different play, but I called Cover 2 and there was no one within 25 yards of that spot. Infuriating.

Wondering about that screen you like... which playbook is it from? It's a bit different in that it seems like the O-linemen almost hang in for a moment before they pull over.

EDIT: Also, gg
If it makes you feel any better the Cowboys looked like the 85 Bears against me as well.

Anyone want to play a game in 15? :D

Top Bottom