• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Whelp I have FMT, CB, Bowser, Sickboy, DM as my next four games.

Dis gun be gud.

I have yet to be able to get some practice in, so if anyone wants to play let me know. I've played 4 online games, 1 with AT then 3 weeks of this league.

It's neat that they've decided passing should be a dice roll too.

i wouldn't say a roll of the dice. while it is unrealistic for erron to miss that throw, you did have a couple guys coming at you and you were rolling right in 12 mph wind. i agree that erron would make that throw in real life but its not some incredible, baffling thing in those circumstances!

to that point in the game he was like 5/6, with some pretty tight throws in coverage. then you benched him for missing 1 throw and getting hit during another attempt causing an int. i'm just saying!

eznark

Banned
i wouldn't say a roll of the dice. while it is unrealistic for erron to miss that throw, you did have a couple guys coming at you and you were rolling right in 12 mph wind. i agree that erron would make that throw in real life but its not some incredible, baffling thing in those circumstances!

to that point in the game he was like 5/6, with some pretty tight throws in coverage. then you benched him for missing 1 throw and getting hit during another attempt causing an int. i'm just saying!

Saying what? If Rodgers can't make that throw I don't want him in there tempting me.

Dice roll is the only explanation for that throw missing so wildly.

Saying what? If Rodgers can't make that throw I don't want him in there tempting me.

Dice roll is the only explanation for that throw missing so wildly.

but you are presenting it as erron was just sitting there, no one around him with a nice easy throw, no pressure. the reality is i basically blitzed the house and he had 2 guys on his tail while you were drifting right. its true some of the other blitzers went after the RB on the PA but you rolling right to avoid pressure and throwing about a 20 yard throw on the run towards the sideline in 12 mph wind is different than oh erron was just standing in the pocket, no pressure and air mailed a wide open pass with no one around

eznark

Banned
It's not like I was sprinting right. It was a playaction bootleg to his strong side. No one was close to him or the receiver. I didn't try any pass modifiers. Just pressed the button when it lit up. Inexplicable that that's not a completable pass for Rodgers. There is no user skill required.

It's not like I was sprinting right. It was a playaction bootleg to his strong side. No one was close to him or the receiver. I didn't try any pass modifiers. Just pressed the button when it lit up. Inexplicable that that's not a completable pass for Rodgers. There is no user skill required.

i get that, and i agree it should've been complete, but again i say he was having a good game to that point and you want to bench him after 1 bad throw (dice roll or not)

eznark

Banned
If Rodgers is in there I am going to assume he can do Rodgers things. Since he was incapable of that I benched him so that I would simplify the playbook.

Can't have some schitzo back there who spazs' out randomly. Rather the reliably shitty Hundley, because at least he has the same name as the dog from Curious George.

If Rodgers is in there I am going to assume he can do Rodgers things. Since he was incapable of that I benched him so that I would simplify the playbook.

Can't have some schitzo back there who spazs' out randomly. Rather the reliably shitty Hundley, because at least he has the same name as the dog from Curious George.

but the thing is if you did that play 10 times, rodgers would make that throw probably 9 times. if its all a dice roll, why not stack the odds in your favor with errons insane stats? sure, you'll get the short end of the stick here and there but over the long run you're going to come out on top a vast majority of the time

eznark

Banned
but the thing is if you did that play 10 times, rodgers would make that throw probably 9 times. if its all a dice roll, why not stack the odds in your favor with errons insane stats? sure, you'll get the short end of the stick here and there but over the long run you're going to come out on top a vast majority of the time

That's why he starts. He plays til he breaks. Then he sits. I only bench him after shit like that, not after obvious user error.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
He cant really dump Aaron because of his bonus money hit.
Id have paid a very high price price for him!

also eznark on that play i think if you double tapped the button (which is in between a bullet and a lob) cobb would have gotten under it. it was overthrown by about 5 yards (in watching the replay, cobb is at the 40 and the ball lands at the 45)

mallet is literally costing me games

unbelievable

giphy.gif

also anyone up for destiny?

Smokey

and before you say GG DCX FUCK THAT

Mallett missed so many wide open mid - deep throws that would've blown the game open and you can't say otherwise. SG - shit game fucking hell

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

Mallett missed so many wide open mid - deep throws that would've blown the game open and you can't say otherwise. SG - shit game fucking hell

Should have benched him and played Aaron Rodgers.

eznark

Banned

How will he know you're pissed if you don't bench him? Man up.

DCX

DCX

BigAt, where's the salt gif?

Mallet is a shit QB and he did shit QB things. Ez has a right to be pissed when a 99 ovr QB does Mallet things.

All things considered, it was a good game. Defenses showed up and our offenses were pretty shitty. Julio doing Julio things won me that game.

On a side note. I love how the game bugged the fuck out of one of my plays where I select it and it comes out in fucking victory formation, twice I had to burn a timeout for that bullshit.

4-0

Marching forward

DCX

brentech

Manziel was 80% today. I lose out on some big plays in order to not allow shit throws to happen, generally stick to safe throws. Turnovers are what kill me and I generally have to win that battle to win the game. Even 0 net turnover game isn't going to go in the Browns favor. There just isn't enough offensive talent on the team.
mallett is literally costing me games

unbelievable
Is this real life.

DCX

DCX
Only thing that would have made that gif legendary is a duck flying in the background...or Mallet showing up!

DCX

SickBoy

Whelp I have FMT, CB, Bowser, Sickboy, DM as my next four games.

Dis gun be gud.

I have yet to be able to get some practice in, so if anyone wants to play let me know. I've played 4 online games, 1 with AT then 3 weeks of this league.

Dammit, I was taking solace in your struggles as I cope with a bad year so far. What will I have left if I lose that game?

Top Bottom