• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

eznark

Banned
They finally modeled FMT

What's the best way to get Legendary marks in Destiny? I fucking love Crucible but now that I hit 40 am I wasting my time again?

Somnia

You get marks from your weekly heroics (3 times) and I believe by breaking down legendary items also. Certain quests, etc. after the story also get them for you.

I'll be on Destiny tonight (PS4) at around 8:30CST if anyone wants to do the level 36 regular strikes to try and get some gear to level up.

Boss I don't know if I have you on my list, shoot me an invite PSN: Somnia

You get marks from your weekly heroics (3 times) and I believe by breaking down legendary items also. Certain quests, etc. after the story also get them for you.

I'll be on Destiny tonight (PS4) at around 8:30CST if anyone wants to do the level 36 regular strikes to try and get some gear to level up.

Boss I don't know if I have you on my list, shoot me an invite PSN: Somnia

you're on it, I'm dkuch

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Dammit, I was taking solace in your struggles as I cope with a bad year so far. What will I have left if I lose that game?

Et tu.

My struggles are entire related to not getting any kind of practice in. I'll be fine at the end of the year when I have a grand total of 16 games under my belt.

Can we have someone update the Daddy Leagues page?

DCX

Dat week 4 power rank

eznark

Banned
Yeah, I'll probably play through a bunch of TTK campaign levels after work to try and get the level up. My wrist is bugging me so I won't go golfing.

I am very shocked when I get phone calls from parents basically asking me to be their child's therapist and mentor.

If only they knew...

McNei1y

I'll be around for some more NHL action tonight. I didn't have my microphone at my parents and I was tired from work all day.

I'll be around for some more NHL action tonight. I didn't have my microphone at my parents and I was tired from work all day.

We wished you were in the party for that one sick goal we had where you passed it up to me and I passed to the guy in front of the net and we scored.

Oh wait, that's called hockey...

Got my level 30 emblem late last night. Moving ever closer to 50 and that prestige badge!
Also, I was practicing goalie last night. I'm going to do some pick up games so you guys aren't the first victims, but I legitimately wanted to give it a shot. It's a lot more responsive this year although I was doing the 5 on 0 practice and the AI was getting some pure bullshit past me.

McNei1y

We wished you were in the party for that one sick goal we had where you passed it up to me and I passed to the guy in front of the net and we scored.

Oh wait, that's called hockey...

I went nuts in the room and my brother who was watching tv was even into it because of how sick that looked... Not sure why I did since that's what hockey looks like and not the random shit we do hahah but hey im having fun!

Somnia

What light level are you guys? Normal strikes seem to be loot piñatas once you hit about 220 light level.

I just finished the main campaign and am at 209 light. I do need to get a fireteam (even just 1 other person) and go kill Taken Champions on Earth, just need 1 more.

Greg

played 5 games of FIFA online... going to take some time to get used to

in addition to how aggressive the defenders are and how quickly they can recover, passing is heavily influenced by positioning... lots of errant balls if you're not squared up properly, and the first touch is more important than ever if you're trying to push the ball down the field quickly

playing D in the box is kind of frustrating though - on 2 occasions my opponent drew fouls without me going for a tackle, and not in the blatant collision kind of way that would happen in 15

rinse82

Wow that's gotta be close to a record for number of games played within first 24 hours of advance. At least for as long as I've been in this league.

brentech

played 5 games of FIFA online... going to take some time to get used to

in addition to how aggressive the defenders are and how quickly they can recover, passing is heavily influenced by positioning... lots of errant balls if you're not squared up properly, and the first touch is more important than ever if you're trying to push the ball down the field quickly.
playing D in the box is kind of frustrating though - on 2 occasions my opponent drew fouls without me going for a tackle, and not in the blatant collision kind of way that would happen in 15
defense has always been my strength. I usually stay on my feet and don't even often use standing tackle to win the ball back if near the box. It's all about body positioning.
That said, my scoring is usually my weakest asset and I've only knocked in 2-3 goals through 5 online h2h games. I'm really liking the flow of the game to this point.

Somnia

Sounds like there's a really good item if you do today's Heroic Daily in Destiny, but I think were all too low to do it, because you have to finish it in 10 minutes and it's a harder one :(

That game was terrible. But I got 475 XP for making 30 saves and for playing a goalie game. Bumped up to level 33 from 30.

Worth it!

eznark

Banned
I am very shocked when I get phone calls from parents basically asking me to be their child's therapist and mentor.

If only they knew...

CPmju6CWoAEs63a.png:large

Greg

defense has always been my strength. I usually stay on my feet and don't even often use standing tackle to win the ball back if near the box. It's all about body positioning.
That said, my scoring is usually my weakest asset and I've only knocked in 2-3 goals through 5 online h2h games. I'm really liking the flow of the game to this point.
defense was my strong point as well, and it feels like they took the defensive edge out of the hands of the players now more than ever

a good defensive play leading to a nice run used to be money, but now the CPU shores up so many deficiencies for the other player on the back end that a quick counter feels much less effective - and it's hard to create separation with an attacker in situations they clearly should be able to make runs

offensive players slow to react on first touch compared to defenders, lots of legs sticking out through once clear passing lanes

surprisingly different game so far

Somnia

Don't listen to this guy. Ya remember when he told me he was gonna get me with his "real-life" friends to raid? Yeah, that never happened.

Az, I never learn.

That's cause a couple of them quit playing and the other 3 have moved to just PVP. Hence why I'm playing on PS4 right now.

edit: I'll be there for you on Halo though <3 and COD Zombies but not regular Multi probably

Top Bottom