• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

DCX

DCX
I didnt finish it either. Certain people broke my spirit.
Where are you with your light level and do you even have the game still? I wanna run it and complete it. I'm at 307/308 depending on my load out.

DCX

DJ Bowser

The XP it costs to upgrade important stats like Pass/Run Block and Man/Zone Coverage cost a lot more this season, as a side note.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Where are you with your light level and do you even have the game still? I wanna run it and complete it. I'm at 307/308 depending on my load out.

DCX

I couldnt even tell you. I havent played destiny since like a month after the failed attempt(s)

brentech

Gruden's scheme says it's attacking 3-4 though. so basically, under "coach schemes" if you want to tell the team you're an attacking 4-3, it's useless. the sim is dependent on your playbook. I'm guessing these scheme things are for the game to show you what player are higher rated in your system

Why would you 'scheme' as a 3-4, but not use a 3-4 playbook? I've assumed the above is how it has always worked.
Like, what you want it to do literally makes no sense man.

Why would you 'scheme' as a 3-4, but not use a 3-4 playbook? I've assumed the above is how it has always worked.

I wanted to take the Skins and relocate them, and when I first looked at My Coach--->Schemes, it said Attacking 4-3, so I drafted a 4-3. I just booted it up again and it says attacking 3-4 so maybe I accidentally changed it the first time. But still, it seems like if you want to start a new franchise, you're locked into that team's current scheme unless you fire the coach. Changing the scheme or the playbook won't make a difference---it's what it says under when you go to Owner--->Staff

Basically, I want to be able to take any team I want and tell the team what playbook/scheme I want it to run when it sims, but I can't do that unless I fire the coach.

brentech

I wanted to take the Skins and relocate them, and when I first looked at My Coach--->Schemes, it said Attacking 4-3, so I drafted a 4-3. I just booted it up again and it says attacking 3-4 so maybe I accidentally changed it the first time. But still, it seems like if you want to start a new franchise, you're locked into that team's current scheme unless you fire the coach. Changing the scheme or the playbook won't make a difference---it's what it says under when you go to Owner--->Staff

Basically, I want to be able to take any team I want and tell the team what playbook/scheme I want it to run when it sims, but I can't do that unless I fire the coach.

I mean, you just said it was dependent on the playbook - and now you're saying you had the wrong scheme selected.

I'm just not sure I follow. It sounded like you were wanting to 'scheme' a 4-3 while using a 3-4 playbook in your first post....which would make 100% sense that the playbook would be what puts which players on the field.

Ok I'll re-word all that again, because now I think it's becoming more clear with a few other things I just tried and learned.

Under "My coach---Scheme" you can change the playbook and the scheme you want. However, if you go in as an owner, it's a useless menu. Gruden is a 3-4 guy and like in OOTP, he'll tell you to fuck off if you try to change his scheme. So as the owner, you can't do anything about that. That's what I haven't realized till now.

If you go in as a created coach or a current one, you can change it to whatever you want. And so the team will sim to whatever scheme you tell them to run. As the owner, you're stuck with whatever coach's scheme you hired.

brentech

That makes infinitely more sense than your first post.
edit: While it's dumb if they let you change the settings, that is the outcome I would expect. I don't think any owners in the NFL stop coaches from using certain schemes, so it largely woks how it should.

That makes infinitely more sense than your first post.

Sometimes my mind becomes very jumbled when I'm trying to unravel a mystery that has been mysterious for years

Yeah that is how it should work, although it makes me very sad that I can't move any team to become the Memphis Steamers and pick how I want them to play

So I again picked the same setup as a coach, and changed the scheme from a 3-4 to a 4-3 before the draft. They drafted nose tackles and pass rushing OLBs, so it's like they drafted for a 3-4 team, but when I ran a season sim they seemed to run the 4-3 scheme.

brentech

i haven't been able to figure out the run game this year. mostly playing CPU, but they're in my backfield on every play.

complete opposite of last year for me

Bread

Banned
i haven't been able to figure out the run game this year. mostly playing CPU, but they're in my backfield on every play.

complete opposite of last year for me
Weird, I've had really good luck running the ball. The R1 "make yourself skinny" feature is great for people like me who have problems making it through the line without hitting a lineman. That plus the super quick cuts are going to make running a blast. Gurley2K is happening!

brentech

i don't even have a chance to get to the line. Just ran 3 run plays that drive and each of them had at least 2 defenders in my backfield. I don't have time to do anything as a runner

DJ Bowser

I get blown up in the backfield a ton, but I've also had more 50+ yard runs so far than I had all of last year.

And this is with a trash running back instead of Christine Micheal the God.

I actually haven't really paid attention to how much XP gets amassed over a season. I'll sim a season sometime and check it out

Somnia

Wait... That still hasn't been patched?

I should have been cheating FMT!

Yep not fixed, it's why I keep resisting to hold R2 like I normally do to look at the lineups because I want to learn to read the offense and not look at that shit. Playing more zoomed out right now than I normally do.

Would anyone like to play a game of Madden? I need to find a playbook. Denvers playbook doesn't have fb dive unless you're in goaline for some reason.

Top Bottom