• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

Wake Williams and Suh will be "hurt" until the regular season starts.

More people should get the prominence poker game. An in house poker game would be sweet.

DJ Bowser

I barely ever look at my play art because of this and even when I do I don't change my play
I look every play but it's just to see what zone I'm supposed to play with whatever asshole I switch to. Then a quarter of the plays I accidentally switch to a lineman. With some of the blitzes I like; I'm going to have to pay extra attention to the auto-flip.

brentech

I'm really curious if CCM online franchise has different internal settings than PLAY NOW does. Cause running in play now is totally fine, but in the couple games I played in my own online CCM it just felt completely broken.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Bryan Wiedey ‏@pastapadre 1m1 minute ago
Tony Romo already hurt. Doesn't look good (back)

WELP

BigAT

Who wants to pop my Madden cherry?
Emoticon_cool.gif

DMczaf

Just found out today a few of my coworkers in our QA department did testing work on Madden for a few years.

These motherfuckers....

brentech

Code:
Steve ‏@SteveXposed  12h12 hours ago
@AskEASupport Madden 17 has TONS of injuries and fumbles. Way more than could be considered realistic. Will this be patched?

EA Support
‏@AskEASupport
@SteveXposed It's being worked on right now. -Cade
I've seen one injury myself, but a shit load of fumbles

Code:
Steve ‏@SteveXposed  12h12 hours ago
@AskEASupport Madden 17 has TONS of injuries and fumbles. Way more than could be considered realistic. Will this be patched?

EA Support
‏@AskEASupport
@SteveXposed It's being worked on right now. -Cade
I've seen one injury myself, but a shit load of fumbles

the fumbles are fine! better that than last year where there were basically no fumbles at all.

CB3

Seems like any big issues are already being fixed in the first patch. Whenever that hits, we can start to figure out when the league will start.

AFC East -
Bills - LJ
Pats - TLBB vs. Cola
Jets - Ferny
Dolphins - Bowser vs drizz

AFC North -
Browns - scottsullivan
Ravens - OPEN
Steelers - DietRob
Bengals - Splat

AFC South -
Colts - Luke
Texans - Smokey
Jags - Greg
Titans - eznark

AFC West -
Raiders - phee
Broncos - rinse
Chiefs - Crimson
Chargers - Nightz

NFC East -
Eagles - CB
Giants - AT vs. Wellington
Cowboys - Somnia
Redskins - OPEN

NFC North -
Packers - Brent
Vikings - OPEN
Lions - Trasher
Bears - OPEN

NFC South -
Bucs - DM
Saints - Lonestar
Falcons - DCX
Panthers - Az

NFC West
49ers - Bird vs. fmt
Cards - Jabee
Rams - bread
Seahawks - purple cheeto

updated list. CB is going to draw to determine who the losers of the vs. games will get

CB3

I will be drawing these in a minute. I finally found a use for this Halo 3 CE Helmet! Stay tuned.

CB3

The loser of FMT/Birdman gets The Bears

The loser of AT/CK gets The Vikings

The loser of GoT Spoiling asshole/Cola gets The Ravens

The Loser of Bowser/Drizz gets The Skins

Enjoy!

LJ11

Set Up Your Bank Roll aka MUT Solos

Before you start working the Auction House (AH) you need a bankroll, and there’s a couple of ways to go about this. Option one is to go out and buy packs/bundles, spend a couple of hundred dollars, and sell whatever cards you pull on the AH, but that costs money and we’re riding the No-Money Spent wagon all the way to a 99 overall squad.

This brings us to Option 2, grind solos. It’s boring, you don’t want to do it, but you have to start somewhere, and this is the best option if you’re not going to reach into your own wallet. It’s early in the Madden season, so if you’re interested in getting into MUT as well as finding schemes for CCM, it’s not a bad option and it’s better than just hitting practice mode because the AI behaves differently in practice mode.

With that said, you also want to cheese the fuck out of the CPU, so our first goal is to find a cheap run play that works and eats clock. I recommend stretch plays, especially out of jumbo TE formations, spam the fuck out of it. Runs help you eat clock and get the objective done within reasonable time. When you start a solo make sure you have accelerated clock turned on, should be at 10 seconds. You’ll fly through solos this way. The CPU loves hitting the flats, I suggest a heavy coverage, rush 3 and make sure to have hard flats with purples behind the flats, aka Mable coverage.

So how much money do you need? Well that depends…

I once got sick of MUT, spent every single dime I had on an investment that went belly up, and had about 16k to my name. I got the urge to play again a few weeks later, worked the AH for a few weeks and I turned that 16k into about 2 million coins. I think it was easier to make coins that year because you couldn’t check the AH for what a card was worth. EA decided to add a lookup feature in Madden 16. You go to your binder, highlight the card, and hit the L1 button to see what the card is going for on the AH. This limited the amount of “snipes.” A snipe is a card purchased at rock bottom prices. Folks were now able to get an idea of what the market rate was for a particular card without doing any leg work. That doesn’t mean snipes were gone, there were just fewer.

Last season Smokey did some Captain Sets, these sets required limited 74 overall gold cards. He quickly realized what a pain they were to do. No one gives a shit about 74 overall cards, so in Madden 15 you could find these cards for 100-1000 coins, purchase them, and flip them for up to 100 times the purchase price. This was harder to do in 2016 because of the lookup function. That doesn’t mean they were gone for good. I flipped at least a two dozens of these rare gold cards, bought at 100-2000 coins, and sold many for mid five figures. My man DJ Fluker, who netted me 300k after sniping two of his cards for about 2k total, was probably my biggest money maker early in MUT16. Unfortunately, these sets are no longer in 17.

So why am I bringing this up? Don’t do sets, snipe collectibles for the sets.

Don’t do the legends sets, learn what the market is charging for the Champ Bailey gold card, and pounce on him when some nimrod thinks the base Bailey card that goes into the set is some trash 80 overall gold card. Snipe Bailey, flip on the AH, and slowly use the proceeds to purchase Bailey outright. That’s the name of the game, we don’t do sets unless we can make a profit on the set, and normally, if you can make a profit on the set, you may be able to make a bigger profit by selling individual pieces rather than the end product. You need to learn the market, learn what cards are going for. Two good sources are http://www.muthead.com/ and http://mutmanager.com/ . They keep good track of what cards are selling for, and the ebbs and flows of the market.

You still haven’t told us how much money we need?

Relax, I’m getting there. Let’s get some other basics out of the way first. Search filters are critical for sniping cards. We want to sort through various categories as fast as possible, and we want the cheapest price available. Intuition may tell you to search a particular category or set with Buy Now set from lowest to highest (selected by holding R2 + Square). You’d be extremely stupid to do this. But you told us we need to get the card as cheap as possible? It’s fine to search with Buy Now set from lowest to highest if you are looking at one specific card/item, and nothing else. If you’re looking for one specific card it’s fine. But let’s just say you’re looking for all WRs rated 90-95, early in the MUT season there may only by 5 WR with that rating. If you sort Buy It Now from low to high, you will only see the price of the least expensive WR, you’re missing out on other snipes. A 95 overall WR may come on the block for 70k, that normally sells for 150k, but since you have Buy It Now set from low to high you will only see that shitty 90 overall WR that is going for 50k. You just missed a snipe. So how do you sort the AH? We’re going to use the Newest option, sorted with the newest cards up top, and the older cards on the bottom. This is the best way to snipe a category that may contain several different items or players.

Back to the Bankroll

So now that we understand the basics, we can head out to the block and work the AH. A veteran can go out on the block with 50k and turn it into 150k in a couple of hours, but you don’t want to go in with just 50k if you’re new to the game, 80-100k is a better bet. Hell you can do well with 30k, but you’ll have more down time and may miss a snipe or two because your bankroll is tied up into a card on the block. Don’t panic sell, understand the market prices, look up the card on MUThead, and then sell it. Remember there’s a 10% tax on all sales, so understand your breakeven point. Don’t invest 50k into a card that only sells for 57k, you made almost nothing and tied up your bankroll because you didn’t factor in the tax.

But what do we snipe, we still don’t know where to go?

Programs and packs go hand in hand. Every couple of days EA releases new packs, and bundles. Today they released Flashback packs, with some Flashback toppers. A topper is an individual pack that contains whatever EA wants it to contain. Today it’s two flashback items. A flashback player is a player that returns to his glory days, though I’m not sure Nick Foles should be part of this group. Just goes to show you what a good coach Chip is! You need several collectibles and a badge to create a Flashback player. The packs that EA releases influences the market, you need to check the Store every day or so and see what packs are out, or you can check reddit/mut

So what happened to the market?

Well you had a flood of Flashback items on the AH, but EA also gave us a Solo Challenge that nets us a Flashback Badge. You can’t create a Flashback Player without the Badge, and you can’t buy the Badge. EA gave one out to everyone today. This Badge had everyone rushing to buy Collectibles to create players, so instead of a large supply of Flashback Collectibles on the Market you had the opposite. The market ate up all the supply, collectibles started to rise. That was a good profit opportunity if you got in early. This is how you work the AH, anticipate a change in the trend due to artificially created scenarios, EA can help you, and they can also fuck you. Just need to be on the right side of a trade.

So collectible prices shot up, Flashback Players must have gone up in Price!

Wrong. Take a look at one of the better receivers in the game, Keenan Allen.

http://www.muthead.com/17/players/prices/16013-keenan-allen/playstation-4/sales

Look at how the price just tanks. Before Flashbacks were out, he was about 80k, today he was down to as little as 60k. The collectibles to do the set went up, the players price went down. Snipe the collectibles, buy the player with proceeds, just like I said earlier. It will never fail you. Keep that in my mind when EA releases legend packs this weekend. Everyone loves Legend Packs, they contain the best players in the game for the most part.

There’s so much more to cover, but that’s a good primer. If you have questions, I probably have answers.

Here are some snipes. Not my own.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MaddenUltimateTeam/comments/4zjb2e/dez_snipe/

https://www.reddit.com/r/MaddenUltimateTeam/comments/4zlknm/sniped_this_beast/

Also going to link to Ashwin's Quick Reddit Guide. Learned a lot from watching him stream, and then combined his ideas with investment approaches which I may get into at a later date. Truth be told ashwin's system is good if you have time, but it requires time. Investment style flipping leaves you vulnerable to an EA Ass fucking.

CB3

Set Up Your Bank Roll aka MUT Solos

Before you start working the Auction House (AH) you need a bankroll, and there’s a couple of ways to go about this. Option one is to go out and buy packs/bundles, spend a couple of hundred dollars, and sell whatever cards you pull on the AH, but that costs money and we’re riding the No-Money Spent wagon all the way to a 99 overall squad.

This brings us to Option 2, grind solos. It’s boring, you don’t want to do it, but you have to start somewhere, and this is the best option if you’re not going to reach into your own wallet. It’s early in the Madden season, so if you’re interested in getting into MUT as well as finding schemes for CCM, it’s not a bad option and it’s better than just hitting practice mode because the AI behaves differently in practice mode.

With that said, you also want to cheese the fuck out of the CPU, so our first goal is to find a cheap run play that works and eats clock. I recommend stretch plays, especially out of jumbo TE formations, spam the fuck out of it. Runs help you eat clock and get the objective done within reasonable time. When you start a solo make sure you have accelerated clock turned on, should be at 10 seconds. You’ll fly through solos this way. The CPU loves hitting the flats, I suggest a heavy coverage, rush 3 and make sure to have hard flats with purples behind the flats, aka Mable coverage.

So how much money do you need? Well that depends…

I once got sick of MUT, spent every single dime I had on an investment that went belly up, and had about 16k to my name. I got the urge to play again a few weeks later, worked the AH for a few weeks and I turned that 16k into about 2 million coins. I think it was easier to make coins that year because you couldn’t check the AH for what a card was worth. EA decided to add a lookup feature in Madden 16. You go to your binder, highlight the card, and hit the L1 button to see what the card is going for on the AH. This limited the amount of “snipes.” A snipe is a card purchased at rock bottom prices. Folks were now able to get an idea of what the market rate was for a particular card without doing any leg work. That doesn’t mean snipes were gone, there were just fewer.

Last season Smokey did some Captain Sets, these sets required limited 74 overall gold cards. He quickly realized what a pain they were to do. No one gives a shit about 74 overall cards, so in Madden 15 you could find these cards for 100-1000 coins, purchase them, and flip them for up to 100 times the purchase price. This was harder to do in 2016 because of the lookup function. That doesn’t mean they were gone for good. I flipped at least a two dozens of these rare gold cards, bought at 100-2000 coins, and sold many for mid five figures. My man DJ Fluker, who netted me 300k after sniping two of his cards for about 2k total, was probably my biggest money maker early in MUT16. Unfortunately, these sets are no longer in 17.

So why am I bringing this up? Don’t do sets, snipe collectibles for the sets.

Don’t do the legends sets, learn what the market is charging for the Champ Bailey gold card, and pounce on him when some nimrod thinks the base Bailey card that goes into the set is some trash 80 overall gold card. Snipe Bailey, flip on the AH, and slowly use the proceeds to purchase Bailey outright. That’s the name of the game, we don’t do sets unless we can make a profit on the set, and normally, if you can make a profit on the set, you may be able to make a bigger profit by selling individual pieces rather than the end product. You need to learn the market, learn what cards are going for. Two good sources are http://www.muthead.com/ and http://mutmanager.com/ . They keep good track of what cards are selling for, and the ebbs and flows of the market.

You still haven’t told us how much money we need?

Relax, I’m getting there. Let’s get some other basics out of the way first. Search filters are critical for sniping cards. We want to sort through various categories as fast as possible, and we want the cheapest price available. Intuition may tell you to search a particular category or set with Buy Now set from lowest to highest (selected by holding R2 + Square). You’d be extremely stupid to do this. But you told us we need to get the card as cheap as possible? It’s fine to search with Buy Now set from lowest to highest if you are looking at one specific card/item, and nothing else. If you’re looking for one specific card it’s fine. But let’s just say you’re looking for all WRs rated 90-95, early in the MUT season there may only by 5 WR with that rating. If you sort Buy It Now from low to high, you will only see the price of the least expensive WR, you’re missing out on other snipes. A 95 overall WR may come on the block for 70k, that normally sells for 150k, but since you have Buy It Now set from low to high you will only see that shitty 90 overall WR that is going for 50k. You just missed a snipe. So how do you sort the AH? We’re going to use the Newest option, sorted with the newest cards up top, and the older cards on the bottom. This is the best way to snipe a category that may contain several different items or players.

Back to the Bankroll

So now that we understand the basics, we can head out to the block and work the AH. A veteran can go out on the block with 50k and turn it into 150k in a couple of hours, but you don’t want to go in with just 50k if you’re new to the game, 80-100k is a better bet. Hell you can do well with 30k, but you’ll have more down time and may miss a snipe or two because your bankroll is tied up into a card on the block. Don’t panic sell, understand the market prices, look up the card on MUThead, and then sell it. Remember there’s a 10% tax on all sales, so understand your breakeven point. Don’t invest 50k into a card that only sells for 57k, you made almost nothing and tied up your bankroll because you didn’t factor in the tax.

But what do we snipe, we still don’t know where to go?

Programs and packs go hand in hand. Every couple of days EA releases new packs, and bundles. Today they released Flashback packs, with some Flashback toppers. A topper is an individual pack that contains whatever EA wants it to contain. Today it’s two flashback items. A flashback player is a player that returns to his glory days, though I’m not sure Nick Foles should be part of this group. Just goes to show you what a good coach Chip is! You need several collectibles and a badge to create a Flashback player. The packs that EA releases influences the market, you need to check the Store every day or so and see what packs are out, or you can check reddit/mut

So what happened to the market?

Well you had a flood of Flashback items on the AH, but EA also gave us a Solo Challenge that nets us a Flashback Badge. You can’t create a Flashback Player without the Badge, and you can’t buy the Badge. EA gave one out to everyone today. This Badge had everyone rushing to buy Collectibles to create players, so instead of a large supply of Flashback Collectibles on the Market you had the opposite. The market ate up all the supply, collectibles started to rise. That was a good profit opportunity if you got in early. This is how you work the AH, anticipate a change in the trend due to artificially created scenarios, EA can help you, and they can also fuck you. Just need to be on the right side of a trade.

So collectible prices shot up, Flashback Players must have gone up in Price!

Wrong. Take a look at one of the better receivers in the game, Keenan Allen.

http://www.muthead.com/17/players/prices/16013-keenan-allen/playstation-4/sales

Look at how the price just tanks. Before Flashbacks were out, he was about 80k, today he was down to as little as 60k. The collectibles to do the set went up, the players price went down. Snipe the collectibles, buy the player with proceeds, just like I said earlier. It will never fail you. Keep that in my mind when EA releases legend packs this weekend. Everyone loves Legend Packs, they contain the best players in the game for the most part.

There’s so much more to cover, but that’s a good primer. If you have questions, I probably have answers.

Here are some snipes. Not my own.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MaddenUltimateTeam/comments/4zjb2e/dez_snipe/

https://www.reddit.com/r/MaddenUltimateTeam/comments/4zlknm/sniped_this_beast/

Also going to link to Ashwin's Quick Reddit Guide. Learned a lot from watching him stream, and then combined his ideas with investment approaches which I may get into at a later date. Truth be told ashwin's system is good if you have time, but it requires time. Investment style flipping leaves you vulnerable to an EA Ass fucking.

Mk43oye.gif

Top Bottom