• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

LukeSmith

Put the team on my back doe.

S9RpzOs.jpg

Those were some tense as fuck final rounds.

Did CB join late?
Are there wards in that game?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
What teams are open for the ppl competing for their faves? Now that AT didn't take a year off of the game he is going to mop the floor with me. :(

Im awful at CS. They knew that going in!

Look at the bright side, you doubled my Halo kill output!

This poker game is pretty sweet considering it's free

Been awhile since a good Lionel Mandrake summary, you guys need to check out that stripper thread.

DJ Bowser

It seems like the effect rain has on gameplay is absurd. WRs (even with >90 route running) are slipping and being take out of the play at least 30% of plays.

Somnia

GC: So matchmaking for Raids is not off the cards?

SC: No, no. We’ve been thinking about that a lot.

About time Luke!

Granted Raids are way more fun with friends, the laughs watching people fall to their death is better together! However having the ability to queue up and raid (even if at times its trash like all Pick Up Groups) would get me to play more.

Smokey

I'm now Pvt rank 2 or whatever is required for ranked play

I got back on after FMT and I played Madden, and everybody was gone. It was only 2a!!

BigAT

About time Luke!

Granted Raids are way more fun with friends, the laughs watching people fall to their death is better together! However having the ability to queue up and raid (even if at times its trash like all Pick Up Groups) would get me to play more.

My only successful raids were the ones where I used third party site to put together a pick up group. Our premade groups were the ones that were a disater.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
My only successful raids were the ones where I used third party site to put together a pick up group. Our premade groups were the ones that were a disater.
I still see AZ trying to make those jumps in my nightmares.

Greg

I still see AZ trying to make those jumps in my nightmares.
was this jumping onto those moving platforms/ships or something that appeared?

the only time I tuned into one of the twitch streams was when this was happening, and it was hilarious

I'm pretty sure the people that seek out other players on a third party site for raids are not the same players that hit a "queue for raid" button on a UI.

BigAT

the only time I tuned into one of the twitch streams was when this was happening, and it was hilarious

There is the awful ship platforming but there is also a later encounter where one (randomly selected) player in your team needs to do a series of platforming jumps or it wipes the raid. Needless to say, when certain people got picked we were pretty fucked.

There is the awful ship platforming but there is also a later encounter where one (randomly selected) player in your team needs to do a series of platforming jumps or it wipes the raid. Needless to say, when certain people got picked we were pretty fucked.

Oddly enough, there was also that other platforming area where you had to basically jump on the invisible platforms across that huge chasm and then jump up that wall, and I was always one of the first ones done with that.

DCX

DCX

I was part of that group, it was pretty freaking hilarious!

I still have yet to finish the Kings Fall raid :/

DCX

https://www.twitch.tv/york887

I am messing around with a fantasy draft offline franchise and taking notes about certain things. I'm simming each game but going to do scouting and all that shit

So far I've noticed:

-Scouting starts week 3, about the same. 175 points for coaches without expert scouting...I'll eventually have it. Scouting so far looks exactly the same, but we'll see when the combine comes and over a few draft classes what tendencies there are.
-The "Improve team" thing looks totally useless, all it does is show you the highest rated FAs at each position and your grade at each spot
-It now shows when your potential FAs are willing to start negotiate
-The first attribute costs the most to unlock, and then become cheaper. It's the opposite order now??

Rookies appear to have player model faces now, so they won't all look like Dez Bryant

Bread

Banned
Has anyone had connection issues? The first time I tried to play somnia we got kicked at the opening kick off, we try again and played through with no issue.
Next day I go to play a rando in MUT, first game kicked at the opening kick off, second game kicked at the opening kick off, third game I played through with no issues.

Hope it's not an issue on my end.

jacobs34

Has anyone had connection issues? The first time I tried to play somnia we got kicked at the opening kick off, we try again and played through with no issue.
Next day I go to play a rando in MUT, first game kicked at the opening kick off, second game kicked at the opening kick off, third game I played through with no issues.

Hope it's not an issue on my end.

The guy I'm watching on Twitch is getting kicked out of MUT matches.

So I actually kind of like what they did to the scouting system. Getting sleepers will be tougher this year, I think, because the first point being 15 points to unlock will really force people to watch where they want to spend those points. It's a big risk to spend that on guys projected lower. So it seems like the season is to scout positions of biggest need and the combine can reveal the sleepers

Bread

Banned
The guy I'm watching on Twitch is getting kicked out of MUT matches.
interesting, is it happening right at the beginning of the game like with me?

So I actually kind of like what they did to the scouting system. Getting sleepers will be tougher this year, I think, because the first point being 15 points to unlock will really force people to watch where they want to spend those points. It's a big risk to spend that on guys projected lower. So it seems like the season is to scout positions of biggest need and the combine can reveal the sleepers
What do the rest of the stats cost if the first one is 15?

That will definitely keep people from just scouting the first stat of every player though which is great.

interesting, is it happening right at the beginning of the game like with me?

What do the rest of the stats cost if the first one is 15?

That will definitely keep people from just scouting the first stat of every player though which is great.

15-10-5
If you have a discount at a position, it is 11-7-3

Man this QB they auto scouted for me has THP of A+, B+ acc short, B acc mid. If I didn't have Aaron Rodgers I'd go all in for Cory Richey!

And yeah, this new system makes more sense. Now I'm actually thinking about scouting guys projected in a certain range just because that's the kind of value I'd seek
And this does make the combine a lot more valuable. Players can play their way up because of it now

brentech

While that raid night was pretty good, my favorite time in Destiny was in the beta with Crow and Shake, underleveled fighting some early boss and it probably took us over an hour to beat.

-The first attribute costs the most to unlock, and then become cheaper. It's the opposite order now??
Makes sense. I could see the first attribute of a lot of guys and just nope my way to the next and essentially scout the entire position without being overly wrong about a player.

While that raid night was pretty good, my favorite time in Destiny was in the beta with Crow and Shake, underleveled fighting some early boss and it probably took us over an hour to beat.

Makes sense. I could see the first attribute of a lot of guys and just nope my way to the next and essentially scout the entire position without being overly wrong about a player.

Yep. And now I'm waiting to spend my points on lower ranked guys, just like it should be.
Although my WR are so bad that I'm just scouting them all now anyways. Rodgers needs his weapons!

Also, it seems like you can work on gameplan stuff, though I don't know if your team will get extra XP, you just get some EA medal shit. I'll maybe try it later

And it seems like you focus on 3 players to develop?
It looks like I got 200 XP for each of those for doing the drill. But I think you can sim this...I'll try that
If you sim, those focus players still get 200 XP, but the rest of the team only gets 75 for a sim (bronze by default I guess)
The drill you select affects who gets the boosts
So apparently, if you've gotten silver/gold on a drill, you will get those XP for simming. so all you have to do is get gold on the drill once, then you can sim it forever for the same amount of XP as you would from playing

And you get notified if people regress, lol. This scrub ass WR dropped awareness by 1 for dropping the ball too much

interesting, looks like prospects get added as time goes on
....some of these new guys look like they're better than firsts

welp we have our answer! Game says I'm running attacking 4-3, yet that depth chart shows I'm a 3-4, and my defense has basically been running a 3-4. my 2nd MLB got 910 downs played and my 2nd DT has 135
JFC
Gruden's scheme says it's attacking 3-4 though. so basically, under "coach schemes" if you want to tell the team you're an attacking 4-3, it's useless. the sim is dependent on your playbook. I'm guessing these scheme things are for the game to show you what player are higher rated in your system

Top Bottom