• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

Birdman02

Trasher, what's your schedule like this week? I should be around both tonight and tomorrow after 9:30 ct, but I won't be available Wednesday.

Bread

Banned
jabee!!!! it's time bro :)

it might be tough to play today or tomorrow, i'll be home around 630pst tonight and i'm going to an animal collective concert tomorrow night after work. if you can't do tonight we could play wednesday any time after 530 pst if that works for you

Fuck, one of my 3/4 receivers had a "Complete PCL Tear" (I have no idea what the fuck that is) and is out 44 weeks lol

damn the game regressed his ass O.O

Oh man, that rape culture thread that turned into a discussion about explicitly asking if you can have sex every time you do it is comedy gold.

Half the people on gaf could have a dripping wet pussy of a completely sober girl in their hands and they'd still make her sign multiple consent forms

OT is one of the weirdest echo chambers on the net

JABEE

jabee!!!! it's time bro :)

it might be tough to play today or tomorrow, i'll be home around 630pst tonight and i'm going to an animal collective concert tomorrow night after work. if you can't do tonight we could play wednesday any time after 530 pst if that works for you
Can you play after the Eagles game?

DJ Bowser

Fuck, one of my 3/4 receivers had a "Complete PCL Tear" (I have no idea what the fuck that is) and is out 44 weeks lol

damn the game regressed his ass O.O

I had a complete PCL wrestling (top rope dives to the outside can end poorly). 44 weeks sounds absurd. I think Madden may do a dice roll for injury length.

I had a complete PCL wrestling (top rope dives to the outside can end poorly). 44 weeks sounds absurd. I think Madden may do a dice roll for injury length.
I've never broken or tore anything, thank god. I've heard the initial pop can be painful but not completely terrible.

I feel like the worst part of a significant injury would be the rehab. That sounds like the least fun thing ever.

According to the Google a complete PCL tear is 4-12 months recovery. Sounds like you got lucky!

I've broken a lot... Fibula and tibia real bad once, doc took cast off early and I rebroke both. Left arm, right tibia, have cracked ribs a few times, dislocated shoulder, and I once degloved my pointer finger to the first knuckle. I was very injury prone growing up..

DJ Bowser

According to the Google a complete PCL tear is 4-12 months recovery. Sounds like you got lucky!.

Maybe I did! I wrestled the next night (luckily it was a tag team match I stayed out of until the hot-tag and finish sequence) with a knee swollen to the point it was difficult to fit my knee pads on.

I convinced myself it was a bad sprain before finally getting it checked out. Grossest part was being able to feel the torn ligaments (or what felt like them) behind my knee just dangling there. Rehabbing was weird with the stability of the shin feeling questionable.

I'd say I took off 2 months from wrestling, but it's also obviously a lot easier to come back from an injury to that than football.

I thought wrestling was fake?

406.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Either wrestling is fake, or its the only thing thats real anymore. There is no in between.

uWkzHyh.jpg

The most pain I inflict upon myself usually involves dropping shit on my feet. I've had a chef's knife drop straight on my foot and dropped an iPad on my big toe. For a moment I felt like I cut it off.

What does breaking/tearing feel like?

DJ Bowser

What does breaking/tearing feel like?
From my experience it wasn't anything noticeably different than a bad sprain other than the pain intensity. It was a really sharp pain that felt like the area was radiating heat. With the adrenaline during the match it wasn't too awful and I finished it while only hobbling a little bit.

That night though, I slept on a friend's floor and had to ride to Orlando the next day. Both of those were more annoying and painful than limping my way through the next match.

brentech

I played and won my first game of Overwatch since the baby was born.
jugg-dizzy.gif

And then I decided to start my own offline franchise in Madden and on the opening kickoff, Micah Hyde tore his shoulder.
mjcry1.png

brentech

Also - as we were talking about this the other day FMT, this is what is happening to me when I hold the left stick left to start a play:

DarkAccomplishedDeer.gif

It isn't happening every down, but it's pretty painful when it stops you from covering a guy or gap you want to cover...and it DOESN'T happen in MUT or DC. I can't figure out what is going on.

Also - as we were talking about this the other day FMT, this is what is happening to me when I hold the left stick left to start a play:

DarkAccomplishedDeer.gif

It isn't happening every down, but it's pretty painful when it stops you from covering a guy or gap you want to cover...and it DOESN'T happen in MUT or DC. I can't figure out what is going on.

That happens to me too, but my situation might be different. what was that player's original assignment? not sure if that's relevant since you mentioned it doesn't occur in other modes.

I had a mlb in a nickel double gap who was assigned to drop back and cover the middle. instead after it was hiked, he spazzed out like he was gonna blitz, and my opponent of course threw to the zone he should have covered, and it also looked like I was doing manual blitzing

brentech

That happens to me too, but my situation might be different. what was that player's original assignment? not sure if that's relevant since you mentioned it doesn't occur in other modes.
Was supposed to be a hook zone. (yellow)

the best solution I found was to just hot route your user LB into QB spy. That way when the play starts, the play art isn't going to throw him around before you re-take control
I haven't tried it yet, but there are some people that don't allow any time for even a single change in my experience.

Was supposed to be a hook zone. (yellow)

I haven't tried it yet, but there are some people that don't allow any time for even a single change in my experience.

Is it on PA passes? I notice that if I'm controlling a linebacker, it'll suck me in on PA passes, even if I know it's a fake. Very aggravating.

It's a pretty simple and quick change, triangle + right stick left iirc, I was able to get it off even against people who like to get to the line and snap it.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ive always been part of the "less is more" philosophy on defense. Defensive hot routing is for fancy people. You just call the right play and defend properly and it usually works out for the best.

Top Bottom