• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

I dont trust madden enough to put in a preorder on it, Ill let you guys beta test! (by guys, i mean FMT. That way i can blame it on him if it ends up being shitty)

I'm going to go a step further and say not only will next gen madden play like shit it will actually be worse than current gen. Suck my dick tiburon you ruined a good thing!

Ridiculous! I'm calling the Falcons for whatever league I ever come to play in. I don't care what year, what system. When I come back the Falcons are mine (for one season at least).
Let me down boys. Let me down. :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHA

wOnJi.gif

Ramirez

I really hope it's not like this gen where it took them 3-4 years before the game was good. :(

Considering how they haven't shown anything on the next gen version in forever, I don't have much faith in it.

brentech

I'm going to go a step further and say not only will next gen madden play like shit it will actually be worse than current gen. Suck my dick tiburon you ruined a good thing!
I don't know why I trust their words, but I think they might be onto something. Acknowledging all your problems is good in that they know what the problems are. If they're truly doing what they say they are, they should have a decent product.

Any reason to trust them, no. But they might actually produce.
Glass half full, and I'm usually very pessimistic.

They do make it really hard to actually pre-order though. Taking a dump in the 25th anniversary case for current gen doesn't earn them anything but more critics.

I just don't remember them ever being able to and pointing out all the problems they have with the engine and core design before. Finally doing so gives me an undeserved hope.

Trasher

"League" suggests that we have multiple teams. We barely have enough for 2, maybe 3. If we added in the people in the DOTAGAF thread, then maybe you could get enough for six to eight 5-man teams and actually run a league.

The teams could be different every week. Doesn't matter. Just matters that we are playing games and shuffling people in. Doesn't have to be a serious thing.

You guys are taking what I said too seriously. Whole point is to just do lots of IHs with a little bit of structure to make it fun.

And let's be honest. You don't want to be in a league with DotA GAF.

Ferny

The teams could be different every week. Doesn't matter. Just matters that we are playing games and shuffling people in. Doesn't have to be a serious thing.

You guys are taking what I said too seriously. Whole point is to just do lots of IHs with a little bit of structure to make it fun.

Pretty much, this. I just enjoy doing IHs. It would be pretty cool to just have IHs going and stats recorded over a period of time so we can see how every does with different heroes, on different teams, etc.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well I have had good experiences with randoms online with ultimate team so I guess I will just keep going at that.
If anyone that keeps the game ever wants to play shoot me a message.

I don't know why I trust their words, but I think they might be onto something. Acknowledging all your problems is good in that they know what the problems are. If they're truly doing what they say they are, they should have a decent product.

Any reason to trust them, no. But they might actually produce.
Glass half full, and I'm usually very pessimistic.

They do make it really hard to actually pre-order though. Taking a dump in the 25th anniversary case for current gen doesn't earn them anything but more critics.

I just don't remember them ever being able to and pointing out all the problems they have with the engine and core design before. Finally doing so gives me an undeserved hope.

What have they said

eznark

Banned

Amen. Though I like getting items so I don't know if I want to do tons of in house. The tournament thing was a blast though.

LiveWire

I think we understand your point and don't take it too seriously...I guess my question is how to you add the bit of structure? What stats (if any) are you tracking other than w/l record for players/teams?

You don't happen to have access to Game Informer do you? It's all in there.

Latest issue had a big thing about all next gen EA games. Their general vision and talk about what went wrong with this gen was just good to see acknowledged.

talk is cheap. i have no doubt there are guys at tiburon who have a genuine enthusiasm for football and have a lot of great ideas. however, they will never come to fruition. the suits at EA won't let it happen. nice of them to acknowledge problems but they've acknowledged them before and nothing changes. i will be shocked if madden next gen is even slightly different (gameplay wise) from current gen

brentech

talk is cheap. i have no doubt there are guys at tiburon who have a genuine enthusiasm for football and have a lot of great ideas. however, they will never come to fruition. the suits at EA won't let it happen. nice of them to acknowledge problems but they've acknowledged them before and nothing changes. i will be shocked if madden next gen is even slightly different (gameplay wise) from current gen
I know. That's why I said its still hard to preorder or expect much due to their track record.
But I honestly have never seen them wholesale trash talk their previous work like they did. I've seen them admit minor faults, just not what they did in GI.

If anything the all new engine should provide some sort of game play change. For better or worse.

Here's a quick something from web search at polygon:
But the most impressive and promising feature we saw is exclusive to the next-generation version of Madden 25. Pass blocking, a perennial bugaboo for the franchise, is finally getting some huge upgrades on the new consoles. We spoke with Clint Oldenburg, a designer at Tiburon who played as an offensive lineman in the NFL and was put to work on blocking in Madden when he joined the studio, about the improvements being made to pass blocking.

Oldenburg showed us icons on the offensive linemen and defense that indicated each lineman's ever-shifting awareness of oncoming defenders. The offensive linemen know how deep the pocket around the quarterback should be, depending on the play you've called, and will track defenders so they can shift focus to higher priorities and imminent threats (like a blitzing linebacker). They also have the intelligence to double-team defenders for the first time in franchise history. According to Oldenburg, Tiburon hopes the combination of these features will encourage users to step up in the pocket like a real quarterback, instead of running backward to avoid the defense.

After Tiburon's presentation, we got the chance to try out rushing plays in a practice environment. Madden NFL 13 felt like a vastly different game from its predecessors because of the Infinity Engine, and while the next-generation version of this year's game didn't seem like as big an upgrade in this specific area, it was noticeably better in every way. That's what we should get from the next generation, and it was tremendously exciting to get a glimpse of it at E3.
They do say that next gen feature set will match current unlike last time, so hopefully they hold to that.

Still a little hesitant to truly believe that. Guess I'm holding out hope that that undercooked current gen to focus on next =
It's stupid though, I know.

sounds very similar to what they did to the offensive line in the current gen version. and guess what? it was absolutely "improved".... in the very literal sense. however, the end result basically ruined the game: the pass protection was SO good and the run blocking was SO good that you literally cannot play defense with any consistency. you get NO pressure on the qb and the runningback usually isn't sniffed until he gets 3 yards past the line of scrimmage.

suck our dicks EA! we're here, we're queer, we wont buy anymore maddens!

brentech

My hopes dashed.

Sad part is that reviews generally don't help cause the reviewers don't know much of what makes football football.

Someone has to be the guinea pig

Trasher

I think we understand your point and don't take it too seriously...I guess my question is how to you add the bit of structure? What stats (if any) are you tracking other than w/l record for players/teams?

Yeah the little bit of structure would be to just schedule it for like a certain day of the week or something. Every now and then maybe we'd actually do a best of 3/5 series too. There must be some sort of program somewhere that tracks the stats (I'll have to get in touch with Kpoptosis). At the very least we can keep track of the different team variations and their W/L totals. It's always fun to have the AT cast team as well.

TheCrow

Had to end the night with a win.
Yeah the little bit of structure would be to just schedule it for like a certain day of the week or something. Every now and then maybe we'd actually do a best of 3/5 series too. There must be some sort of program somewhere that tracks the stats (I'll have to get in touch with Kpoptosis). At the very least we can keep track of the different team variations and their W/L totals. It's always fun to have the AT cast team as well.
We could at least try to set up a weekly inhouse night.

Smokey

Had a urge to play The Last of Us (after I traded it in lolz). Went and re-bought the game. Picked up where I left off and just completed it. 9 hour sit down session.

Prettayy good. Amazing looking game too. I give it 9/10 Dboy daps

BigAT

Had a urge to play The Last of Us (after I traded it in lolz). Went and re-bought the game. Picked up where I left off and just completed it. 9 hour sit down session.

Prettayy good. Amazing looking game too. I give it 9/10 Dboy daps

So you Pheenix'd Last of Us? How much do you think you're going to pay to rebuy a 360 after you trade yours in?

Mrbob

I'll be on to Doto again tonight after the Badgers stomp the Buckeyes. Hopefully I'll get Ursa again in random draft. If the jump from Ursa Jungling 3.0 to 2.0 is as big as 2.0 to 1.0 we'll be a dominant force.

I thought about that team fight we lost last night at the end which caused the game to be over. I used the hidden ability of the shadow blade and went right after Lifestealer since he had the aegis. I almost had him dead too until everyone collided on me with attack power. Next time in this situation I think I'll pick off everyone else one on one and then we can clown Lifestealer in a team attack.

Nightz

Yes please. I'm enjoying the Ultimate team mode quite a bit.
I'll PM you the code

I'll be on to Doto again tonight after the Badgers stomp the Buckeyes. Hopefully I'll get Ursa again in random draft. If the jump from Ursa Jungling 3.0 to 2.0 is as big as 2.0 to 1.0 we'll be a dominant force.

I thought about that team fight we lost last night at the end which caused the game to be over. I used the hidden ability of the shadow blade and went right after Lifestealer since he had the aegis. I almost had him dead too until everyone collided on me with attack power. Next time in this situation I think I'll pick off everyone else one on one and then we can clown Lifestealer in a team attack.

Gotta get that Vladimir's Offering ASAP!

Top Bottom