• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

eznark

Banned
Why are you in this thread, you don't even play dota.

It's less me slurping Rutgers and more trashing the Big Ten. It's been the most overrated conference in football for a while now. The dream season for a Big Ten team is to finish with a nice regular season record, then get smashed in the Rose Bowl by a real team.

And Rutgers had to beg to be admitted. Welcome to the promised land!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Anyone who still has Madden want my 17 weeks of Ultimate Team packs code?

I wonder if I can double dip with those codes. If no one else wants it I can try and see if it will work for me.
Ultimate team is my new addiction. Best mode ever. Brings back memories of playing NBA Showdown on the SNES with my buddies in college. It was our fantasy sports before we knew about fantasy sports.

Hey just realized that my son could use the code if you don't have any other takers.

i might pass on the xbone at launch. i only want killer instinct but i could wait until march/april when the other couple characters come out and maybe i can get a bit of a better deal on the bone. i wont cancel my preorder just yet though but i have to further debate if i want to spend $600+ for the launch stuff

Mrbob

i might pass on the xbone at launch. i only want killer instinct but i could wait until march/april when the other couple characters come out and maybe i can get a bit of a better deal on the bone. i wont cancel my preorder just yet though but i have to further debate if i want to spend $600+ for the launch stuff

What made you change your mind on Xbox 720P?

Mrbob

Real sad to see BB go. I watched the series through all the way again during this season, really awesome.

It was a good finale to wrap everything up in the series.. I'm going to watch the whole series again from beginning to end soon.

I really liked the finale. I don't think it was Shield tier but the finale was well done. Breaking Bad will probably go down as my second favorite show just behind The Shield.

It was a good finale to wrap everything up in the series.. I'm going to watch the whole series again from beginning to end soon.

I really liked the finale. I don't think it was Shield tier but the finale was well done. Breaking Bad probably going to go down as my second favorite show just behind The Shield.

it felt like the safe ending, which is fine. I guess Gilligan couldn't have his characters go any other way. I just wanted more, but idk exactly what it is I'm looking for, I guess. Oh well, incredible show from start to near finish.

BigAT

it felt like the safe ending, which is fine. I guess Gilligan couldn't have his characters go any other way. I just wanted more, but idk exactly what it is I'm looking for, I guess. Oh well, incredible show from start to near finish.

I share similar feelings. I have a hard time criticizing it since it was so incredibly well written, acted and directed, but
it was a far happier ending than I was expecting. Breaking Bad has been a show that has constantly shattered my expectations and I was hoping that would also be the case in the finale, but it wasn't. I don't think Walter White deserved such a neat, satisfying conclusion to his life.

I share similar feelings. I have a hard time criticizing it since it was so incredibly well written, acted and directed, but
it was a far happier ending than I was expecting. Breaking Bad has been a show that has constantly shattered my expectations and I was hoping that would also be the case in the finale, but it wasn't. I don't think Walter White deserved such a neat, satisfying conclusion to his life.

Good way to put it and I agree wholeheartedly

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

-------- ----- ----- -------- Drow Mid? ---- --- ------- -------

Trasher

Yeah. The finale didn't "wow" me too much. I was hoping for something a bit more epic. I still liked it, but I felt like it was super predictable. It almost sort of felt like just an ending for a normal middle of the road sort of season (except for the very large finality of certain things that happened obviously haha).

I dunno. The show was great overall, but I feel like the earlier seasons are the stronger ones. I'm glad they didn't drag it on longer than five seasons though.

LukeSmith

It's less me slurping Rutgers and more trashing the Big Ten. It's been the most overrated conference in football for a while now. The dream season for a Big Ten team is to finish with a nice regular season record, then get smashed in the Rose Bowl by a real team.

Actually it's usually "hope to finish above .500 and go get killed by an SEC team in a bowl named after a fruit"

rinse82

Agreed - I was anticipating
a tragic ending to all this, but the way he went out, it was on his terms and he was at peace with it. It was a safe finale.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Agreed - I was anticipating
a tragic ending to all this, but the way he went out, it was on his terms and he was at peace with it. It was a safe finale.

But it wasn't really "on his terms" and the episode wasn't even really about his death. In the last episode we were told that Walter White is dead. Walter White was sitting at that bar ready to turn himself in, Heisenberg heard his old partners on the tv and decided he wasn't done yet. But knowing that he was dead gave him freedom.
This episode was about how Walt is still smarter than everyone else. How people still after all this time still underestimate him and what he can do. Everything was so incredibly calculated.
He found a way to get the money to his family. He was able to tell his wife that he didn't kill Hank, gave the location of his body and that he had done this entire thing for himself. He embraced it and didn't apologize for it. Cause he knew it didn't matter. He was dying anyways. An apology wasn't going to change anything, but he knew that his family would get the money and that is what he set out to do in episode one.
Walt gave Jesse the chance to kill him. Out of respect for all the hell he has caused him. But like so many times before Jesse, senses he is being played (which is debatable this time) and finally chooses to not do what he thinks Walt wants him to do, what would be best for Walt.
In the end: Walt dies like we knew he would from the start, his family has money, Jesse is free, he is no better off financially really, but he is free again. Every single character that was involved in the evil side of the journey is dead. And the blue meth is gone. Heisenberg's reputation lives on. His "art" will always be remembered.

Best show ever.

Oh and my favorite scene was when Walt turned into Mike for a moment.
"If it's going to come to that Elliot, you're gonna need a bigger knife".

TheCrow

Lets get back on topic and talk about how icefrog should buff Doom. I think his level death should insta skill anyone with a lower level.

Mrbob

Lolz

Might be your finest yet bob
I still have mine preordered. I'm a true Xbox fan.

Hoping one of the launch games turn out decent. Mostly Dead Rising have a soft spot for that franchise.

Edit: Damn I initially missed that avi on my phone so good. How long you have to use it?

Top Bottom