• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

some things i noticed:

1. blocking is much improved.... in some instances, TOO much improved. the run blocking improvement i give 2 thumbs up for. there are missed blocks still but overall it is very good.

2. pass blocking is a little too good though. me and smokey both had sacks but most of them were coverage sacks. i dont think either of us blitzed much so who knows

3. i don't know how to use that new running system but smokey had a couple good jukes on me

4. i say again, ball hawk has been toned down. i have only found it useful for jump balls or if the QB throws right at. haven't had where i undercut a route and it takes control for a jumping pick or anything. more testing needed

5. along with the blocking stuff, i'm not sure if its good or bad, but there are a shit load of de-cleaters on downfield blocks

6. i dont think the read option is too cheesy. you win some and lose some

7. punting power his hilariously low on all madden or something weird happened the one time i punted in 2 games. ball went about 20 yards and it wasn't even that windy

8. man coverage doesn't seem AS effective. it is still effective but i was able to catch some of the texans flat footed by releasing the ball right at or before the cut. doesn't hurt to have a highly rated QB though

9. no forced fumbles in 2 games with the niners. this troubles me

10. i see 0 plays added to the defensive playbook. i guess whatever but come on add a LITTLE something!

11. there is a command that says "disguise cushion". you press Y on D and then its Y again... only it doesn't do anything. from the description, i imagine it to mean that if you are playing off on a zone, and choose this option, your guys will scoot up giving the impression of man coverage. only nothing happens. maybe i didn't press it early enough or maybe its another worthless feature

12. they changed some of the controls. like offensive line blocking is no longer up on the D pad, but LB. maybe there's an option to change that back

13. saw various injuries to offensive and defensive guys, including shoob getting destroyed and hurt

Splat

Texans discarded, bring it 9ers.

Gg smokes. Some of those incompletes were weird where dalton threw straight into ground

Thank god i dont have the NFC West this season

you can't hide forever

p.s.

gg splat. if it makes you feel better the niners have one of the best run blocking lines in the league. you also passed for a lot of yardage on my D! fucking eifert or whatever that rookie TE's name is!

Splat

you can't hide forever

p.s.

gg splat. if it makes you feel better the niners have one of the best run blocking lines in the league. you also passed for a lot of yardage on my D! fucking eifert or whatever that rookie TE's name is!

Eifert's a beast for a rookie TE. Once again d-line play is awful on all-madden. 97 OVR Atkins did nothing all game.

Mrbob

Well I just had my first strange experience online playing Payday with randoms. Some dude named Yonel was playing the game like it was CoD.

FAST
I GOT BOMB

He would rush every map lol, no casing done. Plus when we were trying to leave with loot he would stay around and fight wave after wave even though it doesn't mean anything. We would have to constantly yell at him to get to the getaway point. I imagine this is what Smokey would be like playing Payday 2 online.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I cant wait until its winter and raining and i have built in excuses to not do anything on a saturday but play dota.

Sounds like the best shit ever.

i foolishly played a ranked game in madden against a guy using the raiders. what did he do? scrambled around with pryor every play until someone broke open. still won handily but it was annoying

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Torn on whether I should go hunt for the game or just wait for Amazon delivery.

Improved run blocking makes me very happy.

eznark

Banned
Finally connected to a match in killzone mercenary. Pretty stunning visually for a handheld. Seems like a generic ass generic shooter though.

Mrbob

Finally connected to a match in killzone mercenary. Pretty stunning visually for a handheld. Seems like a generic ass generic shooter though.
Yeah I think the biggest selling point is how good it looks on a portable. I'm waiting on PS4 Killzone since it looks like it as a ton of options and maps will be free dlc.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Does anyone know if they fixed contracts in Madden 25? It was stupid that even though they were UDFAs, guys like Maurice Leopard and CJ Sanford could be locked up for 7 years for a million dollars per despite their numbers. Sanford rushed for almost 2000 yards and Leopard was awesome. Their low AWRs made the contract signing AI believe they were worth much less than a fair market price.

LukeSmith

Does anyone know if they fixed contracts in Madden 25? It was stupid that even though they were UDFAs, guys like Maurice Leopard and CJ Sanford could be locked up for 7 years for a million dollars per despite their numbers. Sanford rushed for almost 2000 yards and Leopard was awesome. Their low AWRs made the contract signing AI believe they were worth much less than a fair market price.

I would be shocked if that was fixed, they couldn't even fix the wind bug

I'll test it out in a bit. I also want to test out if replays are back in ccm

Splat

Udfa rule proposal: you arent allowed to extend them, have to hit open market after a season.

If its not fixed at least

eznark

Banned
Well that sucks considering the cards will be wiped before the game goes live. You get back te money you spent though.

I guess you get some special card or cards I you spend money on the beta though. So I gots to get that!

Ferny

Yo Dota vets, let's get in on this MLG online tournament they got going on next weekend. Basically single elim for the first 3 games or so then it goes to Bo3 or 5, I believe.

1. there are no replays in CCM again i just tested it out against the CPU :(
2. there is a "media relations" section where you give statements to the media and it affects your team popularity and fan happiness
3. in the upper right of the media relations section, it says "Jed York - Owner, 9th Value - Funds $5M" no idea what those funds are for
4. practice mode now has 10 scenarios and they are all worth 2000XP. however, if you lose, you only get 1000XP.
5. the awareness stat is now brought to you by snickers. lulz. the XP needed is still weird for the stats. vance mcdonald (rookie TE) needs to come up with 33,522 points to go from 86 to 87 in the "Injury Upgrade" category. alright
6. for some reason, a bunch of my players have moderately different ratings in CCM than if i play an online head to head game. boone drops from an 88 to a 79, nnamdi rises from an 83 to an 86, etc. i remember this happened last year, i'll have to see if the actual STATS changed or if its just the OVR
7. for owner mode part, it says "Remember you'll have to use your funds to pay signing bonsuses so if you go into the offseason with $0, you'll struggle to improve your team"

boone franchise - rbk 97, pbk 85, ibl 91, str 89, awr 79
boone regular - same

so commenting on above, i don't remember why OVR changes, but it doesn't change the player

also i can import any custom roster to start the franchise so we don't actually need to wait for EA to release it. there is also a "community share" menu where you can download rosters that people have uploaded to the server. the default roster EA gives you is a 75 man roster. most of the players currently on the niners are in this roster but there are some missing nobodies because a lot of teams are at 90 man rosters right now in real life

eznark

Banned
also i can import any custom roster to start the franchise so we don't actually need to wait for EA to release it. there is also a "community share" menu where you can download rosters that people have uploaded to the server. the default roster EA gives you is a 75 man roster. most of the players currently on the niners are in this roster but there are some missing nobodies because a lot of teams are at 90 man rosters right now in real life

Could we potentially export out CC rosters, olio load them to their servers, then download them individually to use against each other?

TheCrow

1. there are no replays in CCM again i just tested it out against the CPU :(
2. there is a "media relations" section where you give statements to the media and it affects your team popularity and fan happiness
3. in the upper right of the media relations section, it says "Jed York - Owner, 9th Value - Funds $5M" no idea what those funds are for
4. practice mode now has 10 scenarios and they are all worth 2000XP. however, if you lose, you only get 1000XP.
5. the awareness stat is now brought to you by snickers. lulz. the XP needed is still weird for the stats. vance mcdonald (rookie TE) needs to come up with 33,522 points to go from 86 to 87 in the "Injury Upgrade" category. alright
6. for some reason, a bunch of my players have moderately different ratings in CCM than if i play an online head to head game. boone drops from an 88 to a 79, nnamdi rises from an 83 to an 86, etc. i remember this happened last year, i'll have to see if the actual STATS changed or if its just the OVR
7. for owner mode part, it says "Remember you'll have to use your funds to pay signing bonsuses so if you go into the offseason with $0, you'll struggle to improve your team"

boone franchise - rbk 97, pbk 85, ibl 91, str 89, awr 79
boone regular - same

so commenting on above, i don't remember why OVR changes, but it doesn't change the player

The OVR changed depending on what offensive/defensive scheme you were running.

McNei1y

Can we scrim with our CC teams?

let me double check, i didn't see any menu that would allow that but i wasn't really looking beyond practice

edit -

Nope!

0r1i8mC.gif

Top Bottom