• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

Somnia

btw Dice just confirmed that BF4 is running at a higher resolution on PS4 than 720p. I have a feeling it'll be 720p on One and 1080 on PS4.

Smokey

btw Dice just confirmed that BF4 is running at a higher resolution on PS4 than 720p. I have a feeling it'll be 720p on One and 1080 on PS4.

IGN just said graphics were lacking on ps4 versions. Higher than 720 but not 1080 resolution. Just cancel the entire generation. Hasn't even started yet and we got 8 more years of this!

Mrbob

Guess the stupidity goes both ways. I'm enjoying Xbros who are jumping at the conclusion the xb1 version will be better yet ea isn't even showing it off. Oops big red flag there. PS4 version will be as good as it gets for consoles.

This is a launch day port. Go find a launch day 360/ps3 port and compare it to what we have today. If you want a decent looking launch fps then buy killzone

Mrbob

It is also a non story. Unfinished early build. Guarantee all issues will be smoothed out by launch.

IGN just wanted some clicks.

Colasante

Are a lot of people here going to buy Battlefield 4 for PS4 at launch or will everyone be buying it on PC? I was planning on getting BF4 with the PS4, but if everyone's getting it on PC maybe I'll just get Killzone instead.

I'm gonna have to wait and see what BF4 looks like on PS4. I'm kind of torn because I want to play the pretty version on PC but I want to play with all my friends on PS4.

Definitely grabbing Killzone on launch day though. I have feeling the servers for that game are gonna shit themselves that night

Mrbob

Bl2rTIf.png

eznark

Banned
So they can't optimize things in the next 1 - 1 1/2 months?

Cola, I'll have it on both in the long run.

I don't make games so maybe I'm way off, but a game usually goes to print with like a month to spare right? So would a game that is six weeks or so from going gold still be considered in the "early build" stage? Seems bizarre.

LiveWire

Nice jobs in Payday 2 last night, ez, Splat and shake. We handled that Pro job pretty well. I think for future jobs we should designate one person to be the mule to carry out the bags (especially if it's gold bags). The movement penalty just owned us in that street shootout. If we have more freedom to move we can flank those annoying riot shield SWAT cops too.

eznark

Banned
Yeah there has to be a better way to transport those fucking things!

I'm down for more tonight either after or before dota!

Can you guys add me on steam? SN: MARSallday

I really need people to play payday 2 with because I want to get it lol. I'm not balls deep into Dota but I would like to be lol

LiveWire

Yeah there has to be a better way to transport those fucking things!

I'm down for more tonight either after or before dota!

Well looking at the skill trees, the Enforcer class gets bonuses to carry with less of a movement penalty. So whoever has that class maxed should get the role, while the rest of the team provides cover fire. Interestingly, the Enforcer class also gets the suppressing fire bonus, which keeps civilians and cops cowered. I haven't reviewed all trees for all classes yet but there's a lot of variable team setups.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Pasta's impressions on madden arent promising.

Hopefully everything surrounding the game besides the actual on field play is enough to carry it through.

Somnia

I don't make games so maybe I'm way off, but a game usually goes to print with like a month to spare right? So would a game that is six weeks or so from going gold still be considered in the "early build" stage? Seems bizarre.

Well that build they had at gamescom probably isn't the newest build also. You're right that it shouldn't be called and "early" build though at this stage.

They still have time to do optimization though, but it won't be as good as the PC version and never thought it would.

Trasher

Pasta's impressions on madden arent promising.

Hopefully everything surrounding the game besides the actual on field play is enough to carry it through.

Should we just fucking axe the league this year and go professional in DotA? #RoadToTI4

eznark

Banned
Isn't the only reason Polygon hire Samit because he reviews sports games? Why wouldn't he do their Madden review?

Splat

From Pasta's review:

MISCELLANEOUS

♦The wind indicator is reversed. How this seems to happen year after year is beyond me. It can even be seen in how the rain or snow is being pushed one direction and the indicator pointing the opposite way. Keep that in mind with any kicks and adjust accordingly.

:SMH

Trasher

Can someone explain to me how it's reversed exactly? Do you just mirror it the other way, or do you flip it 180? That's one thing I was never sure on last year haha. Or do you pretend the arrow is stuck on the opposite side?

eznark

Banned
For someone that hates Polygon you sure seem to follow them awfully closely.

How so? I think this is the first time I've been there since...uh, a Phil Kollar review I think, for Ni No Kuni maybe? It was linked in the NFL thread.

LiveWire

I like these uniforms. Fuck LA, the Portlandia Lumberjacks are coming next season.

Ugh Portland is such a dump of a town. Like the Cleveland of the west coast. That being said, it would give me another chance at seeing the Skins play in person each year, so I'm all for it.

Can someone explain to me how it's reversed exactly? Do you just mirror it the other way, or do you flip it 180? That's one thing I was never sure on last year haha. Or do you pretend the arrow is stuck on the opposite side?

If you see the arrow pointing left with wind of 15 mph, it's actually blowing right at 15 mph. If you see the arrow pointing forward at 15 mph, you're actually kicking into 15 mph wind

Top Bottom